How are you feeling?

Lavinialuna

I can't keep up with first world standards. Everything is too fast paced and I'm not even interested. I just want to live in a remote location in peace away from societal expectations. I want to enjoy the land, the earth. I do not care about any of this other nonsense. It's not natural, it doesn't fit.

I feel the same way. I just am not mentally equipped to handle the stress.

My daughter (who is 20) and I were talking about how neat it would be to have a large farm. As the family got older we could all have our own homes and help each other on the homestead. In a "society" like that (like a tribe) I would actually have VALUE. I could cook, I could take care of kids, I could tend the garden and animals. I would be of some help. In the society I am trapped in right now, I am nothing but a BURDEN because I am sickly and have anxiety problems. I am worthless and talked about by politicians like I am lazy and better off dead. It is hurtful and it DOES effect my self esteem. It causes me to feel shame.
If she ever marries and her husband is interested in that lifestyle, I would go off the grid and take all my kids and just go. I know my husband would be on board. Those who could work would work, and those who could work at home would work at home. It's a dream I have.

dottie

@S_Spartan Yeah, good analogy.

@Lavinialuna That's how I feel about it, too. Women's lib killed the value of women. Now caring for children and making a home is considered a joke, we also have to be expert men.

MollyBeGood

OMG!! Dottie what are you saying!!! Women's Liberation is the best thing that has ever happen to women!!!!

I am totally joking btw and feel exactly the same as you. I do believe it when I hear that Gloria Steinem was a paid C.I.A operative. We were all conned. Get the women in the workforce, tax them and make them consume massively-be like men, break down the family unit completely. Mission accomplished.

MollyBeGood

I feel the same way. I just am not mentally equipped to handle the stress.

My daughter (who is 20) and I were talking about how neat it would be to have a large farm. As the family got older we could all have our own homes and help each other on the homestead. In a "society" like that (like a tribe) I would actually have VALUE. I could cook, I could take care of kids, I could tend the garden and animals. I would be of some help. In the society I am trapped in right now, I am nothing but a BURDEN because I am sickly and have anxiety problems. I am worthless and talked about by politicians like I am lazy and better off dead. It is hurtful and it DOES effect my self esteem. It causes me to feel shame.
If she ever marries and her husband is interested in that lifestyle, I would go off the grid and take all my kids and just go. I know my husband would be on board. Those who could work would work, and those who could work at home would work at home. It's a dream I have.

That's a beautiful dream. I know how you feel.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
@MollyBeGood Wow, that's interesting. Had no idea... what was your old username?

AprilSnow... Is that right, Molly? Am no' a hunner percent sure of that, like. :idontknow: Ah cannae remember. Eh, och! It doesnae even matter. :bigsmile: Jist a wee joke there, light the mood a wee bit.. Eh, as uh late, ah've been feelin' really upset wi' masel' fur various reasons. :sad:

S_Spartan

@mollybegood @dottie You are both right about women's lib!

It was really all based around money. More workers, more consumers, more money for more inflation.

And now it's almost like a cult with the college campus as it's main headquarters.

It's certainly not that I want to see woman unable to vote or treated like second class citizens or stuck in the kitchen if they don't choose to be but men and women are different. We experience the world differently. But modern feminism seems to desire everyone being the same and so that is what we are getting.

Modern females are being shamed into being more aggressive than they may be comfortable with and modern males are always told to "tone it down" and be more pragmatic.

But, this is another thing that nobody is allowed to talk about. We must just nod in compliance. As they tell us all what is best for us.

TreeBones

boy..girl..who cares?
For the most part I only notice the difference in our genitals and such. And I kinda wish everyone else thought that way too because I hate how it's a "man's world." The only reason it's like that is because religion, like the bible, which was written and rewritten a million times was written by sexist pigs.
Everyone is an individual imo.

Now caring for children and making a home is considered a joke, we also have to be expert men.

That's the normal reaction from people when i say that my wife stays home and takes care of our kids instead of working outside the home. They pass it off like she does nothing and it pisses me off and I'm vocal about it, i wouldn't trade jobs with her for nothing. She works harder staying home raising babies than i do here at the plant. Most of the time on the weekends i try to help with the cooking and cleaning but her and the kids normally don't like my cooking and she complains that i fold clothes wrong. I don't see how she does it.

Lavinialuna

That's the normal reaction from people when i say that my wife stays home and takes care of our kids instead of working outside the home. They pass it off like she does nothing and it pisses me off and I'm vocal about it, i wouldn't trade jobs with her for nothing. She works harder staying home raising babies than i do here at the plant. Most of the time on the weekends i try to help with the cooking and cleaning but her and the kids normally don't like my cooking and she complains that i fold clothes wrong. I don't see how she does it.

I literally just folded clothes with my husband. He did it wrong :giggle:

Lavinialuna

Why can he understand Shakespear and is certain he could build a motorcycle that runs on magnets, but can't fold clothes? Ha!
But really, I do work my azz off, and I applaude any guy willing to stand up for his wife. Thanks JC and to all you ladies who realize that women are equal, but that doesn't mean we have to be men. Some of us like to bake cookies and sew, and that is okay too.
Next on the agenda, breaking down the barrier that says guys CAN"T do those things without being femmy. Let's just all do what makes us happy, am I right?
You guys really are some amazingly smart people. I'm glad I found this site!

When I fold my mom is always like
"no no no, you have to fold in thirds!" lol

I think it's towels that get folded in thirds ain't it? I always fold them in half, then half again, and again. Apparently that's not the 'right' way. As long as people TRY to fold stuff it should be ok :rolleyes: