How are you feeling?

jaim38

Feeling better today, but I keep having flashbacks. My mind keeps replaying the social events over again like a broken record, but this is normal and I know this will eventually pass after a week or so.

Lavinialuna

Feeling better today, but I keep having flashbacks. My mind keeps replaying the social events over again like a broken record, but this is normal and I know this will eventually pass after a week or so.

I had that happen to me when I had a falling out with some friends, but it took me several months, and I didn't speak to her for a year and a half! I wish I knew was was broken in me (and all of us) so we could stop it. It's a very painful road we walk.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I had that happen to me when I had a falling out with some friends, but it took me several months, and I didn't speak to her for a year and a half! I wish I knew was was broken in me (and all of us) so we could stop it.

Same here - then ah'd probably function better.

It's a very painful road we walk.

^ Fur some reason, this line made me think of ma daily struggle wi' ma cerebral palsy. And anxiety and depression, of course.

Graeme1988

Ah feel lost and alone... :sad: Wish ma family would stop constantly askin' if ah wuz awright. Appreciate the concern but don't ask if ye don't like the answer. Ma cerebral palsy makes me depressed, ah cannae help feelin' that. Sorry - ah feel maself huvin' tae apologies aw the time.

Blagh, not great.

I get like two messages a week in form of comments, posts or otherwise entailing that people would rather see me dead than alive. Worse yet is when they get upvoted. The people on the internet can be very mean spirited.

Graeme1988

Blagh, not great.

I get like two messages a week in form of comments, posts or otherwise entailing that people would rather see me dead than alive. Worse yet is when they get upvoted. The people on the internet can be very mean spirited.

Sorry tae hear that, mate. Hope ye feel better soon.

jaim38

Feeling awkward. I was at the supermarket and was picking and peeling corn when this employee came over and told me that shucked corn costs more than unshucked. I am glad he told me this but forgot to thank him. Minutes later, I saw this woman shucking corn and putting it in her bag. She had like probably 5-6 shucked corn in her bag. I guess I wanted to help so I approached her and told her what the last guy told me. She thanked me then I walked away. But afterwards, I could hear her talking about me and someone saying I was stupid. I felt embarassed and started doubting my action. I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. People have different personal preferences. Some people prefer shucked corn perhaps and don't care about paying more for it.

Later, I realized I'm probably making it into a big deal than it is. I was approached by a woman a while back and she talked about a good deal - buy some cake and get strawberries for free. My mom and I didn't think it was a good deal for us because we didn't need the cake or extra strawberries, but I did have a pleasant time chatting with that woman. So, what might be a good deal for some people might not be for another. Who am I to tell them what to do?

Make no mistake, I didn't force my opinions on other people. I was merely informing. Maybe I didn't do it well. Some people are very good at approaching strangers, but I lack the social smoothness.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Mother's Day went pretty well. There were a couple of passive-aggressive hiccups from my mom's husband, but other than that, it was okay.

I actually talked enough to get sick of myself, which doesn't take long, but at least I was comfortable enough to get to that point. ha ha

No barking from the dog, no smog.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Blagh, not great.

I don't know where the crap this is going on or why, but it does not sound like a healthy place to hang out, and I do not know why you would continue to go there. :sad:

I don't know where the crap this is going on or why, but it does not sound like a healthy place to hang out, and I do not know why you would continue to go there. :sad:

It's not really a singular place, it's more a global internet thing. SPW and a hand full of other sites are the only places where it doesn't happen. It has a lot to do with the my avatar and username. For some people it has implications which would, in their opinion, warrant such treatment.

Why that is exactly I'd rather not go into at this time - but I can say that it's entirely based in bigotry of unconventional (but harmless) interests.

I can dismiss it as bigotry most of the time, but some days I don't have the rationalization to get past it as easily.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Ohhh, that. Well that's stupid.

Eh. I guess the only solution to that would be stop posting or hide who your are. Sucks to have such a frequent reminder of how people suck. :/

Lavinialuna

My guts yelled "don't go to your mother's house," I really didn't want to go, but I did and I wish I hadn't. And I feel guilty about wishing I hadn't.
She is really depressed and I feel bad for her suffering but she has made her life the way it is, she has made bad choices and I don't think there is anything I can do to help her. At this point I feel like a person who just barely treading water trying to save someone who is drowning, know what I mean? I can't help her. I couldn't wait to get out of there. God help me for being a total b**** but she wasn't here for me at my lowest, I shouldn't feel obligated, should I? I'm not a Dr or a therapist (which she has already.)
I have told her what helps me, I have given my advice, I have given my time talking to her, what more can I do?
I really wish I hadn't gone. I wish I could rub off that feeling.

Blagh, not great.

Sounds like these people that send you these messages need to be receiving messages themselves telling them to go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Ohhh, that. Well that's stupid.

Eh. I guess the only solution to that would be stop posting or hide who your are. Sucks to have such a frequent reminder of how people suck. :/

It does. But I think that if I were to hide and avoid, ultimately I'd feel worse for it. So that's not going to happen. Let them be ****s, it won't get them anywhere far. ;)

EDIT: The censored bit says j-e-r-k-s. The censor makes it look like much heavier profanity.

Sounds like these people that send you these messages need to be receiving messages themselves telling them to go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

These are the type of cases where affection works better than aggression. It thoroughly freaks them out. ;)

Last edited:
My guts yelled "don't go to your mother's house," I really didn't want to go, but I did and I wish I hadn't. And I feel guilty about wishing I hadn't.
She is really depressed and I feel bad for her suffering but she has made her life the way it is, she has made bad choices and I don't think there is anything I can do to help her. At this point I feel like a person who just barely treading water trying to save someone who is drowning, know what I mean? I can't help her. I couldn't wait to get out of there. God help me for being a total b**** but she wasn't here for me at my lowest, I shouldn't feel obligated, should I? I'm not a Dr or a therapist (which she has already.)
I have told her what helps me, I have given my advice, I have given my time talking to her, what more can I do?
I really wish I hadn't gone. I wish I could rub off that feeling.

Sounds to me like you've done plenty, Lav.

If you've given her advice, time, effort and love, there really isn't more than that that you could have done. She has to be receptive to your efforts, otherwise it won't work. That's not at all your fault.

And for what it's worth, even though you wish you wouldn't have gone, and maybe had been better off emotionally if you hadn't, you still went and faced the situation. That's something to be proud of regardless of outcome.

Lilly789

How are you feeling?

I first saw the title to this thread a few days ago, and avoided it because I had the following thoughts rush through my head all at once -

"why?!"
"are you actually care, or just being polite?!?"
"You think youre a therapist now!?"
"you think anyone actually reads other peoples "feelin sorry for myself" posts?!"
"this is the thread where everyone hopes someone else is taking notice"
"bring out the Waaaaaabulance!"
"Well THATS condescending!"
"why the hell would I tell you?!"
"actually im feeling kinda suicidal"
"Im fine :D"

hahaha.. aahhh.. personality disorders are fun.

Lavinialuna

Sounds to me like you've done plenty, Lav.

If you've given her advice, time, effort and love, there really isn't more than that that you could have done. She has to be receptive to your efforts, otherwise it won't work. That's not at all your fault.

And for what it's worth, even though you wish you wouldn't have gone, and maybe had been better off emotionally if you hadn't, you still went and faced the situation. That's something to be proud of regardless of outcome.

Thanks, I know you are right. I did the right thing. A little sacrifice for mother's day, and I will pray for her because helping her is way over my head!
I'm feeling better today :)

nodejesque

I first saw the title to this thread a few days ago, and avoided it because I had the following thoughts rush through my head all at once -

"why?!"
"are you actually care, or just being polite?!?"
"You think youre a therapist now!?"
"you think anyone actually reads other peoples "feelin sorry for myself" posts?!"
"this is the thread where everyone hopes someone else is taking notice"
"bring out the Waaaaaabulance!"
"Well THATS condescending!"
"why the hell would I tell you?!"
"actually im feeling kinda suicidal"
"Im fine :D"

hahaha.. aahhh.. personality disorders are fun.
Hehe, :)

I always want to write what's on my mind... And always settle with "I'm fine". So then I rationalize that there is no reason for me to post anything, if I am fine.