How are you feeling?

jaim38

I've been waking up very hungry these past few days. I had to force myself to wake up earlier than usual. I guess hunger is very effective in changing habits.

springk

^ Whoa, that would be nerve-racking! I think too much power has been taken away from teachers now.
It must be such a hard job to do successfully now that you are very limited in the methods you are allowed to use to control the behaviour of students.
I hope the your practical exam went well?

I am looking forward to tomorrow. It's a public holiday here so I can hide in my cosy little cave all day. :thumbup::applause:

It went okay. That is what I hoped. It gets difficult to control the students. I dunno how I even speak in the class.

springk

There a some very effective methods teachers can use to control classroom behaviour; they can seem counter-intuitive, such as quietly saying something like "Ok, we're waiting for the talking to stop before we begin today", then stand calmly looking at the talkers until they stop (important to look calm and patient, as if you can wait all day if you need to). What usually happens is that the other students turn around tell them to stop talking so that the class can begin

A good idea. I do stand looking at them but not calmly , so will try that when I get to teach.

springk

Feeling tired a little. The world is fast progressing. People are moving on with their life. I am still figuring out.

Lavinialuna

Do you think spirits can overtake people? Like when Jim Morrison saw the Indians on the road and he said the Indian's spirit went into him?

If it is possible then it must be subtle because people seem fairly consistent.

Why am I posting this here? Because its late and I'm on Tapatalk.

No doubt in my mind that there is demon possession, demon and spirit oppression, and that human spirits can enter your body, or at least effect you in a serious way.

Last edited:
Sad and a bit alone. Coming to terms with the end of my relationship & about to fail huge exams because I shamefully poured my efforts into said relationship instead of my work. stressed out but not beaten.

images

I dont know what Im doing on spw so stupidly close to exams, I have major procrastination issues. If anyone is up on their limit definitions of differentiability and wants to help me I'd be much obliged

S_Spartan

Just listening to the rain on the roof. Sometimes I prefer it to music and definitely prefer it to the sound of the TV.

Kiwong

I dont know what Im doing on spw so stupidly close to exams, I have major procrastination issues. If anyone is up on their limit definitions of differentiability and wants to help me I'd be much obliged

Good luck with the exams, Joule. Sorry my expertise is in botany. I suck at maths and physics.

MikeyC

Sad and a bit alone. Coming to terms with the end of my relationship & about to fail huge exams because I shamefully poured my efforts into said relationship instead of my work. stressed out but not beaten.

images

Hey, joule, I'm sorry it didn't work out with Dean. From the beginning it seemed like you two didn't really compliment each other - at least from what I was reading - so maybe this is a chance to rebuild yourself into a better person (even though you're already a great person).

You're still young and full of life so there's going to be other men out there who will be more compatible and loving towards you, and you wouldn't have to give up your studies just to keep it together.

For now, the best you can do is cram. Cram all sorts of information for the exam in your head, and go do the best you can. You might fail, sure, but it's the best shot you've got of not failing. I'm certain you want to pass this, despite all the negativity that's just happened, so try to give yourself the strongest opportunity to do so. :)

Let me know how the exams go, and I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. It's not much consolation, but I'm only a private message away, okay?

If I lived in Ireland.... ;)

ah thanks guys :) yea Im just gonna struggle through the next two weeks of exams. I think Ill have to repeat some but thats the consequence of the bad choices I made. I accept that and Ill try anyway. What is nice is that there was knock on my door late tonight and it was Dean dropping up takeaway food. He knew Id be up studying so he dropped food around and went off. Its nice we can be friends, that makes me happy.

Then in two weeks time exams are over and I am throwing myself into art, Ive really enjoyed the bit of sketching Ive done and I want to try other stuff. So I have that to look forward to.

Last edited:

MikeyC

ah thanks guys :) yea Im just gonna struggle through the next two weeks of exams. I think Ill have to repeat some but thats the consequence of the bad choices I made. I accept that and Ill try anyway. What is nice is that there was knock on my door late tonight and it was Dean dropping up takeaway food. He knew Id be up studying so he dropped food around and went off. Its nice we can be friends, that makes me happy.

Then in two weeks time exams are over and I am throwing myself into art, Ive really enjoyed the bit of sketching Ive done and I want to try other stuff. So I have that to look forward to.
At least the two of you can be friends, and you two may work better just being friends without the added pressure of a relationship.

Feel free to post some sketches you've done. I would love to see them.

At least the two of you can be friends, and you two may work better just being friends without the added pressure of a relationship.

Feel free to post some sketches you've done. I would love to see them.

yea, its for the best, difficult- but necessary. (off topic but btw weird thing happened, I had a very surreal moment where Dean and Smith met face to face and shook hands) 6 years of my life and now both behind me....aside from the gut wrenching sadness, I feel free. I won't be at the mercy of my emotions, I want to develop as a person. My anxiety and agoraphobia have set me back about 10 years, I got a lot of catching up on life to do, starting with getting through these exams.

I put my first attempts up on the post your art thread. Its very strange discovering a new form of expression at 29. We know how I am about starting new things in a blaze of enthusiasm and then abandoning them 5 mins later never to be mentioned again lol but for now I've discovered a new way that I can express myself at a time when I most need.

springk

Joule, Good Luck with the new thing you are about to do. I will like to see your sketches when you will post them. I must be liberating to feel free. I don't know what's between you and your ex, but if you feel free then it is worth it. And yeah, I procrastinate a lot. It isn't good when exams are near. You can do a thing like check out spw at one fixed time , say at morning and then once before you go to bed. Make sure you don't visit multiple time. This way you can spend less time on spw.
And get more time for study.

springk

I am very umm, sad!?
I have a friend. She is my friend since college( for nearly 5 years). I don't understand her. Last year we finished with masters degree. She got a job. I enrolled in another course. She lives near me.
Last year was very very bad for me. I was on the lowest level of my existence. I tried to die but I never had that much courage to end it. It was painful. It was painful when the breath stopped and I need more air to survive, I couldn't end it.
Somehow I managed to drag myself. I was so sad that there was no way that I thought I could live. But I somehow dragged on my life.
She was no where then. I called her, visited her home. But she was so busy to meet me. Before my breakdown, I had my 26th birthday. She did not called me. Then whenever I tried meeting her , she was always busy somewhere. So I had no friend at that time who could help me.

Now it is few months , since the beginning of this year when I have been feeling better. The circumstances have not changed but I have stopped thinking about it.

She contacted me recently. Once in a while we had a quick talk over phone but recently I have more visits from her. She needed something or the other. What I feel is that she remembers me when she needs something.

So that makes me feel , Is she a friend?
What kind of a friend is that who doesn't show up when you most need that person!
I always ignore this, by thinking that she has a job, or she is busy at home etc. But I do feel deep down hurt.
I don't have friends. Two/three friends live far way so no frequent communication. This one lives close but I don't understand her behaviour.

May be I am too naive. I can't judge people. May be I am too self centred that I care about myself. Who knows.
I don't know what to think about her!

Lavinialuna

I am very umm, sad!?
I have a friend. She is my friend since college( for nearly 5 years). I don't understand her. Last year we finished with masters degree. She got a job. I enrolled in another course. She lives near me.
Last year was very very bad for me. I was on the lowest level of my existence. I tried to die but I never had that much courage to end it. It was painful. It was painful when the breath stopped and I need more air to survive, I couldn't end it.
Somehow I managed to drag myself. I was so sad that there was no way that I thought I could live. But I somehow dragged on my life.
She was no where then. I called her, visited her home. But she was so busy to meet me. Before my breakdown, I had my 26th birthday. She did not called me. Then whenever I tried meeting her , she was always busy somewhere. So I had no friend at that time who could help me.

Now it is few months , since the beginning of this year when I have been feeling better. The circumstances have not changed but I have stopped thinking about it.

She contacted me recently. Once in a while we had a quick talk over phone but recently I have more visits from her. She needed something or the other. What I feel is that she remembers me when she needs something.

So that makes me feel , Is she a friend?
What kind of a friend is that who doesn't show up when you most need that person!
I always ignore this, by thinking that she has a job, or she is busy at home etc. But I do feel deep down hurt.
I don't have friends. Two/three friends live far way so no frequent communication. This one lives close but I don't understand her behaviour.

May be I am too naive. I can't judge people. May be I am too self centred that I care about myself. Who knows.
I don't know what to think about her!

I probably would count her as an acquaintance, but I am very choosy about who I make my friends. If she wasn't there for you in your time of need, she isn't a friend. She is probably self centered and out for her own good. You can't really fault her on that, maybe she isn't deep enough to feel empathy. It might not be a part of her make up, know what I mean? But if you are seeking true deep and lasting friendship, I would look elsewhere. Don't rest a lot of your emotions on her. She could make a good companion, but don't count on her to be there for you.
I have had to do this with my mother. She is the same way. I had to redefine our friendship in my head and realize that the kind of relationship I imagined we had didn't exist, and then I had to realize the relationship we DID have was much more shallow. It clicked and it has saved my feelings in a lot of circumstances.