How are you feeling?

Odo

Banned
Interesting. I've never taken fish oil. I was eating a lot of salmon a few months ago but I kind of fell out of that (although I love salmon). I often don't have the money. I eat chia seeds and other sources of omega-3s, but I doubt it's enough. That's awesome that you two find it really works for you. It's great when something like that works and you don't have to resort to meds.

In spite of that, though, I've felt the same way as far as not feeling as depressed about... well, anything, since I've started eating more healthily and exercising and keeping occupied. I still get down sometimes, but it hasn't knocked me back to where I was in the past!

Yes, exercising is excellent... that helps me with anxiety too, but I think that's because of endorphins, and when they're gone my anxiety returns. At first I was buzzed all the time but after I kept doing it on a regular basis I got used to it and the anxiety came back.

Good fish oil/vitamins are more expensive but they're definitely worth it... as April said as long as you're getting quality stuff they're like anti-depressants without any nasty side effects/sex problems/brain damage/whatever other horrible things happen to you when you take them.

squidgee

Unexpectedly ran into an old friend on the train. This wasn't just some acquaintance either, but a genuine friend I had when I hadn't developed anxiety yet. Needless to say, I was speechless when he said hi and asked me whether I remembered him. I'm convinced I made a fool of myself, because instead of initiating the regular "long time no see" conversation, I just looked around frantically and then weakly said "hey" in reply. He resigned then, probably thinking I didn't recognise him, and continued to talk to his other friend who I didn't know.:kickingmyself: I just sat there awkwardly for the rest of the train ride, pretending I didn't know him, even though I did.

It's going to take a while to put that one out of my head.

God, why am I so socially awkward?! It was only 3 years ago that I was able to talk to him without concern and we would play cards and table tennis together at lunchtimes. Where did things go so awry?

MikeyC

Unexpectedly ran into an old friend on the train. This wasn't just some acquaintance either, but a genuine friend I had when I hadn't developed anxiety yet. Needless to say, I was speechless when he said hi and asked me whether I remembered him. I'm convinced I made a fool of myself, because instead of initiating the regular "long time no see" conversation, I just looked around frantically and then weakly said "hey" in reply. He resigned then, probably thinking I didn't recognise him, and continued to talk to his other friend who I didn't know.:kickingmyself: I just sat there awkwardly for the rest of the train ride, pretending I didn't know him, even though I did.

It's going to take a while to put that one out of my head.

God, why am I so socially awkward?! It was only 3 years ago that I was able to talk to him without concern and we would play cards and table tennis together at lunchtimes. Where did things go so awry?
If you still have his contact details, maybe you can try to patch things up, saying you were having an off day or something. You'd have to lie, but it might mean you can start chatting again.

MikeyC

I really should stop reading the newspaper. I have a quick flick through when I'm bored at work, knowing full well it's not doing me any good. :kickingmyself: I have to do something else.

Otherwise, I feel good. I had lunch with a friend who goes to uni, so we had a chat about what I should expect. I'm so anxious about uni still, but it's good to have someone to bounce that anxiety to. She guarantees I'll be fine, so I hope she's right. At any rate, lunch was nice. I love Indian food. :)

singing-love

Finally i have some positive stuff to post :)

Things are finally getting better, i'm so relieved, all those negative emotions are so draining. All is going well. A big *hug* to everyone who needs it, your all amazing. :bigsmile:

MikeyC

Finally i have some positive stuff to post :)

Things are finally getting better, i'm so relieved, all those negative emotions are so draining. All is going well. A big *hug* to everyone who needs it, your all amazing. :bigsmile:
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. :thumbup:

Kiwong

Angry about the killing of the giraffe at the Copenhagen zoo and saddened to be in a society that can allow it to happen. I really think we're going backwards :[

Horrendous. Surely the animal could've been located somewhere else.

Srijita52

I had no idea someone could be that selfish unless I met these people. I know I shouldn't judge anyone but they're so paranoid, even about the simplest things. Yet everyone adores them because they're bubbly and social but then these same people talk about them behind their backs. It just doesn't make sense to me. When they need you they're your friend, when that need is over to hell with you. Is this how "normal" people normally are?

Steiner

I had no idea someone could be that selfish unless I met these people. I know I shouldn't judge anyone but they're so paranoid, even about the simplest things. Yet everyone adores them because they're bubbly and social but then these same people talk about them behind their backs. It just doesn't make sense to me. When they need you they're your friend, when that need is over to hell with you. Is this how "normal" people normally are?

Yes.

I feel sleepy. Also a little irritated with this internet.

Kiwong

The town I live in seems uncomfortably small. It seems everyone knows me. There's the strange man who runs. At work, in shopping centres, service stations, chemists, newsagents. I see you running all the time, people tell me. I'd prefer anonymity, to be able to do things that bring me peace in privacy. The world always intrudes, sometimes abusive, sometimes poking fun, sometimes critical. There's no peace. I run to escape into a place where I can be completely lost and distracted. Lately I have lost motivation to run, and I think the reason is I can't face the world of name calling humans, biting dogs, dangerous cyclists.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah don't know. :idontknow: Got aw these negative emotions bottled up n' supressed. Depressed. Lonely. Feel incredibly awkweird n' self-conscious in maist social settings. And ah realise am no' that likeable, if am honest.

planemo

I feel ok.

maybe being alone ain't so bad?

i don't know.

maybe i want the things that others have just because they have it?

perhaps.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Am no' feelin' great the noo, eh... Ah don't know. Feelin' misanthropic, at the moment.

Havin' the fact I'm quiet pointed oot tae me just makes self-conscious n' red-faced - ah hate it. It's like "Whit d'ye want me tae say, then, eh?" Am thinkin' aboot buyin' ths t-shirt, actually...
image_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_271569.jpg

Since it sums up how ah've been feelin', lately. :bigsmile:

PerseverareJasmine

I feel like the Cookie Monster. I saw these cookies called Coconut Dreams at the store and I had never tried them so I thought I'd buy them and see what they tasted like, and I can't stop eating them now. They are fudge, caramel, and coconut cookies and they taste so good!

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

PerseverareJasmine

PerseverareJasmine

^ Gosh I want those.

I haven't tried the Samoas yet so I can't comment on how they taste, but the Coconut Dreams are great. I didn't think that the chocolate would go together with the caramel and coconut so well, but I love them. I already ate all of mine though. I just bought them yesterday night, I should have saved them, but its like the taste of them overpowered me :sad:. haha.