How are you feeling?

laure15

Feeling a bit pissed yesterday. We were doing the group project and I'm team leader of course. We had a week to do a proposal for our project. All of us contributed except for this guy so I had to tell him to contribute, twice or maybe thrice. He finally responded yesterday with a reference, and that's it! He had a whole week to do the proposal, as did all of us, and he was the only one who didn't really contribute until yesterday. Plus his reference wasn't even in MLA format like I wanted it. I already said to use MLA format. Yesterday I was thinking of submitting it without his contribution because I don't wanna wait until 11 PM the deadline but then that wouldn't be fair so I decided to wait. And

Anyways, I realize that some people have jobs/kids/personal life and are busy and such, but they enrolled in the class and should expect to allot some time to the course. I don't take this personally. We also have the Peer Evaluation to do by the end of class so if anyone doesn't participate, it's their loss.

jaim38

Suddenly recalled memories about my relativeds and ugh it's so annoying! There are certain people that I don't wish to see, including my 2nd aunt and her kids. They're the ones who hate me the most. My 2nd aunt is a bully. She has trash talked another aunt, tried to get people to hate her and her husband. She has also trash talked my grandma (behind her back of course) with my mom. Roughly 2-3 years ago, I became her latest victim. In summary, she's the classic "she-devil" who pretends to be a dutiful wife around her husband, my uncles, and grandma but once they're gone she lashes out against her victim.

Her daughters are just like her, to varying degrees. They are 3 peas in a pod. If their mother doesn't like someone, they stick up for her and also participate in gossiping and ostracizing the victim. They think they're "queens/matrons of the extended family" just because they're the eldest but I see nothing "queenly" about being trash talking or malicious gossiping others.

Ok, I do have flaws of my own as well. When I was at their house for a mandatory family gathering (yes, my dad forced me to go), I told a cousin that I was only here "for the food." One of her daughters heard me and got angry so she must have told her mom and sister and now people think I'm cheap. The only reason why I even said that was because I didn't enjoy visiting them. Everytime I see them I put on an act. The only thing good about the family gatherings are the food. Seriously. And now the cousin who I spoke to has betrayed me and started acting like them, spreading rumors about my "stupidity" and telling people to ignore me.

I hear a wedding coming up for the aunt's 3rd daughter. No thank you I plan to skip, plus I don't think I'm even invited which is a relief.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I am flawed expression of my parents genes. My parents had some great qualities, and I wish they hade been expressed to the world in a better way than the person I turned out to be. I do represent my parents in the world and often I don't do them justice.

Asphyxiatedragoon

I feel that way too :( I feel that way especially when I have friends over.. today I met someone I knew from over a year ago and I told him to leavee.. I wish I didn't say that..

hidwell

I am flawed expression of my parents genes. My parents had some great qualities, and I wish they hade been expressed to the world in a better way than the person I turned out to be. I do represent my parents in the world and often I don't do them justice.

This is definitely not the case with my parents.

planemo

Suddenly recalled memories about my relativeds and ugh it's so annoying! There are certain people that I don't wish to see, including my 2nd aunt and her kids. They're the ones who hate me the most. My 2nd aunt is a bully. She has trash talked another aunt, tried to get people to hate her and her husband. She has also trash talked my grandma (behind her back of course) with my mom. Roughly 2-3 years ago, I became her latest victim. In summary, she's the classic "she-devil" who pretends to be a dutiful wife around her husband, my uncles, and grandma but once they're gone she lashes out against her victim.

Her daughters are just like her, to varying degrees. They are 3 peas in a pod. If their mother doesn't like someone, they stick up for her and also participate in gossiping and ostracizing the victim. They think they're "queens/matrons of the extended family" just because they're the eldest but I see nothing "queenly" about being trash talking or malicious gossiping others.

Ok, I do have flaws of my own as well. When I was at their house for a mandatory family gathering (yes, my dad forced me to go), I told a cousin that I was only here "for the food." One of her daughters heard me and got angry so she must have told her mom and sister and now people think I'm cheap. The only reason why I even said that was because I didn't enjoy visiting them. Everytime I see them I put on an act. The only thing good about the family gatherings are the food. Seriously. And now the cousin who I spoke to has betrayed me and started acting like them, spreading rumors about my "stupidity" and telling people to ignore me.

I hear a wedding coming up for the aunt's 3rd daughter. No thank you I plan to skip, plus I don't think I'm even invited which is a relief.

Tell me about it. Family and relatives seem to be our worst enemies. As Oscar Wilde said Relations are simply a tedious pack of people who haven't got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die. The last family gathering i went to was in 2006. i don't intend to change that.

w*n*c*a*m

Aye, feelin' horrible doesnae help the ol' temper. So sorry tae hear yer no feelin' that great. And, nae offense, but that Pokemon reference made me chuckle a wee bit. :giggle: Anyway, hope ya feel better soon, darlin'. :thumbup:

I wouldn't feel better till this season ends!!!! :crying:

Go to Canada in February once and I guarantee you'll never complain about another Southern Hemisphere winter ever again.

I wouldn't dare! :crying:

MikeyC

I went to a cafe on my own that I was too scared to go into once before. It was really busy but the service and speed of my food coming out was great. Makes me want to keep going back there, even though it's pricey.

Also went and got some dessert nearby on my own which was delicious, too.

Feeling pretty accomplished at the moment because of this.

I went to a cafe on my own that I was too scared to go into once before. It was really busy but the service and speed of my food coming out was great. Makes me want to keep going back there, even though it's pricey.

Also went and got some dessert nearby on my own which was delicious, too.

Feeling pretty accomplished at the moment because of this.

Why were you afraid to go into the cafe?

Congrats on facing your fears successfully :)

MikeyC

Why were you afraid to go into the cafe?

Congrats on facing your fears successfully :)
I was afraid because I would have to sit in a cafe, and a busy one at that, alone. Not so bad today and I got a lovely, delicious meal out of it. :) Thank you.

I'm tiiiiiiiirrrrrreeeeeeeddddddddd. Hardly have a spare moment. At least I'm living an active life.
:thumbup:

MikeyC

Today was really good. I have lots planned for the weekend now and it's probably my best day post-Fiona.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
F**kin' knackered! That just means tired, by-the-way. :ironicsmile:

Been feelin' kinda down these past few days. Depressed. Comedy seems tae be ma only joy left in life... oh, and music. :sad: And ah feel like snappin' at ma oldest sister, am sick o' the way she treat me and our mum...

On the positive side, just got back fae Glasgow, went tae see Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street band last night. Whoa! What a gig... play for 4 hour straight, no support band and Springsteen didnae take a single break, and he even took song requests from the audience - how many bands/musicians do that nowadays? :)

neardeath

Really down. Too many problems lately, and when you have a low income, they just keep piling up.

Too much to go into.

That and people problems. I am a low-conflict person, but I suddenly have these unresolved problems with people I love.

I have tried every method of help available to humanity, to no avail. The little "program" I put myself on lasted several months and I was really getting out and doing different things, but it fizzled out.

Last month I had my dog put down, and this weekend was the 5th anniversary of my beloved partner's death. I am just spinning downward, rarely leaving the house.

It seems like these other conflicts make the SA even worse. I am probably at my lowest point in 54 years today.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Really down. Too many problems lately, and when you have a low income, they just keep piling up.

Too much to go into.

That and people problems. I am a low-conflict person, but I suddenly have these unresolved problems with people I love.

I have tried every method of help available to humanity, to no avail. The little "program" I put myself on lasted several months and I was really getting out and doing different things, but it fizzled out.

Last month I had my dog put down, and this weekend was the 5th anniversary of my beloved partner's death. I am just spinning downward, rarely leaving the house.

It seems like these other conflicts make the SA even worse. I am probably at my lowest point in 54 years today.

Sorry tae hear that, mate. :sad: