How are you feeling?

twiggle

I was really looking forward to it, too. :( Seems like I have such sh*t for luck when it comes to dating.

I'm sorry to hear about this too. Perhaps there was a valid reason for the no-show... but if not, then you're better off without somebody who would mess you around.
It's horrible being stood up after you've put all the effort in getting ready. He owes you an apology!

this_portrait

I doubt he has a decent excuse, because I texted him twice and got no response. He could've at least had the decency to text me and let me know he wasn't coming.

this_portrait

Oh, believe me, Marie, I was sooo close to sending him a text that said, "All right, well, if you're not coming, then I'm going back home. Thanks for wasting my time."

dottie

my heart hurts. having problems with my bf. these are things you can't talk about with anyone else. you don't want people you know looking into your weaknesses. so, i am hurt and lonely.

Labyrinthine

Lonely. Normally I manage to not feel this way. Don't know what triggered it tonight, but I hope it stops. I figure sleep will help me forget it for a little while. Sleep is a cure all it seems. Shame it is so hard to come by.

Srijita52

my heart hurts. having problems with my bf. these are things you can't talk about with anyone else. you don't want people you know looking into your weaknesses. so, i am hurt and lonely.
Stay strong dottie, I'm really sorry.
Lonely. Normally I manage to not feel this way. Don't know what triggered it tonight, but I hope it stops. I figure sleep will help me forget it for a little while. Sleep is a cure all it seems. Shame it is so hard to come by.
Loneliness is an awful feeling. I'm always here if you want to chat. I hope you feel better soon.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Disillusioned with therapy. I don't feel I'm getting any better. Also, I don't feel comfortable opening up about my unresolved issues with my mother because I fear being judged by my therapist. ::(:

Aside, from that, my family - as usual - are treating me like a child and not taking me seriously. But I'm used to it. That and humiliation of my older sisters and mother ganging up on me, making me feel worthless, f**kin' with me mentally - with their sarcastic, "Men are useless" "jokes". Ha-ha-f**kin'-ha!
cursor-finger.gif
A good ol' laugh at my expense! Oh, the joys of being the only male sibling of the family!

Thank f**k I'm the only sibling who's still f**kin' single, that's all I can say!

Fade

This is my first post,I feel like I need a lifeline as I don't really have friends. the feeling of being lonely is overwhelming, but I don't feel lonely. It's more a feeling of complete isolation and being shut off from everyone around me. At work I don't take part in group discussions for fear of being rejected. I don't hate my life, I jus wish things were a little... Different.

Graeme1988

This is my first post,I feel like I need a lifeline as I don't really have friends. the feeling of being lonely is overwhelming, but I don't feel lonely. It's more a feeling of complete isolation and being shut off from everyone around me. At work I don't take part in group discussions for fear of being rejected. I don't hate my life, I jus wish things were a little... Different.

Hello, Fade, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a fellow Scot on this forum. :) Anyway, sorry to hear you're going through a hard time at the moment. But I can relate to what you're saying about feeling isolated, and shut off from those around you. And the fear of rejection. You're not alone in your feelings, though. Many here can probably relate to your situation, I know I can.

aww dottie, I am sorry to hear it's something you can't talk about with other people, that makes it doubly hard to deal with :( *Hugs*

Srijita52

Welcome to the forum Fade. I understand how you feel. Share whatever you want with us, I hope things get better.
Disillusioned with therapy. I don't feel I'm getting any better. Also, I don't feel comfortable opening up about my unresolved issues with my mother because I fear being judged by my therapist. ::(:

Aside, from that, my family - as usual - are treating me like a child and not taking me seriously. But I'm used to it. That and humiliation of my older sisters and mother ganging up on me, making me feel worthless, f**kin' with me mentally - with their sarcastic, "Men are useless" "jokes". Ha-ha-f**kin'-ha!
cursor-finger.gif
A good ol' laugh at my expense! Oh, the joys of being the only male sibling of the family!

Thank f**k I'm the only sibling who's still f**kin' single, that's all I can say!
I'm really sorry Graeme. I wish I knew what to say. *hugs*

Graeme1988

I'm really sorry Graeme. I wish I knew what to say. *hugs*

I'll be awright, darling!
smiley_hug2.gif
I guess it's difficult not to let those sort of comments - like the one previously mentioned - get to me. Especially when followed by the phrase "Only joking...". Though, I've never understood the humour in provoking me to anger with those comments? As my family seem to find it hysterically when I go into an angry, raging verbal rant! I'm quite harsh when in that mood, too. Scots weren't blessed with a dark sense of humour for nothing. We're masters of the cruel one-liner. And Scottish people can be rude when not intenting to be!

Let just say that the fine line between being hysterically funny and deadly serious is blurred when I'm in a really s**te mood! Because my delivery can seem quite deadpan, and slightly sarcastic. Oh aye, I can use insult comedy to mess with people as well.
I have absolutely nae idea why I turned my reply post to you, Srijita, into a breakdown of the Scottish sense of humour. How random, eh?
emoticon_confused.gif

Anyway... I don't half ramble on, do I? F**kin' hell!
emo12.gif
emo29.gif

Srijita52

I'll be awright, darling!
smiley_hug2.gif
I guess it's difficult not to let those sort of comments - like the one previously mentioned - get to me. Especially when followed by the phrase "Only joking...". Though, I've never understood the humour in provoking me to anger with those comments? As my family seem to find it hysterically when I go into an angry, raging verbal rant! I'm quite harsh when in that mood, too. Scots weren't blessed with a dark sense of humour for nothing. We're masters of the cruel one-liner. And Scottish people can be rude when not intenting to be!

Let just say that the fine line between being hysterically funny and deadly serious is blurred when I'm in a really s**te mood! Because my delivery can seem quite deadpan, and slightly sarcastic. Oh aye, I can use insult comedy to mess with people as well.
I have absolutely nae idea why I turned my reply post to you, Srijita, into a breakdown of the Scottish sense of humour. How random, eh?
emoticon_confused.gif

Anyway... I don't half ramble on, do I? F**kin' hell!
emo12.gif
emo29.gif
I understand Graeme, it really sucks what your family's doing to you. I don't get why they keep doing this even when you tell them to stop.

Silatuyok

Just woke up from a night of the worst dreams ever, and I feel horrible. People always say, "It's just a dream," but it's not at all. All the hatred that I imagine others have for me was acted out in my dream as real as could be. It wasn't real, but the effects of seeing it happen are still very real. All my self-doubt is weighing very heavily on me right now.

Phoenixx

A lot better than when I woke up. I originally woke up around 9am, but laid in bed for an hour because I've been feeling pretty depressed and unmotivated. Not only did Saturday take more of a toll on me than I thought, but school starts in a week and I've been feeling really anxious and depressed about it.

Anyway, my friend and my brother just came back from camping early since my brother had to work. So we get to spend the day together at the mall to finish up school shopping. :D