How are you feeling?

karl:-/

You had a rough night graeme? Hate hearing you feeling low. Your one of the good guys too,hope you feel better soon mate..

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
You had a rough night graeme? Hate hearing you feeling low. Your one of the good guys too,hope you feel better soon mate..

Aye, you could say that. No been able to get much sleep, ma mind won't shut up. I tend tae go over stuff in ma head alot. I'm slightly weary aboot recording ma voice - it's no so much tae do with nerves... just, I think it's more of a dilemma: Should I drop the Scottish slang? Or leave it in? As I said, I've wrote out what I'm planning to say. Cause, when it comes to Scottish comedy, you can't really "translate" it. There's a potentially funny joke in there somewhere. :D

Thanks for the compliment, by the way. Much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

planemo

I’m going through sometime similar at the moment. I’m feeling the need to stand up for myself more in all situations which I am doing but I suspect sometimes I can come over as aggressive. There is a difference between assertion and aggression and as yet I don’t always get it right. That said, I’m a lot happier that I am speaking my mind more often just asking for what I reasonably want. And as time moves on it seems to get easier and I have also noticed that people I know now expect me to have an opinion.

Not necessarily relevant, but here is a quote from hidwell this morning that I like and wanted to share.......
The willing horse is always put upon. The more you do for some people the more they expect of you, without any consideration for your feelings.

Absolutely, the line between aggression and assertion is slim, and I guess for people like us knowing when assertion turns to aggression, is something we have to learn over time. I'm glad you're speaking your mind. It's really horrible being taken advantage of, and not being allowed a voice. Thanks for sharing the quote. There's one I particularly like too.I don't remember if it's exactly word-for-word, but it goes something like this...

"Don't be so sweet, that people swallow you up. But don't be too bitter such that people spit you out".

psych

I'm so tired... I feel buoyant. like a helium balloon.

But, I would be unable to sleep this early in the day... So...
coffeetime.gif

I had a half day at work, due to CPR training... Off tomorrow. :D

Silatuyok

I'm a little anxious. Going to a concert tonight, and I'm arriving long before my date because he can't get there sooner and I really want to save a couple of seats for us (I hate standing at concerts). I don't have an iphone or anything like that, so I can either sit there and be bored or bring a book and worry that I look like a complete dork. Who brings a book to a concert? A kindle would be fine, but I feel like people will judge me for opting for the old-fashioned approach. I guess I need to stop thinking about it so much.

oscarwilde

A few hours ago I sat on our balkony, a book in my hand, but I couldn't really read. I looked up at the sky, a bird flew by. For a fleeting moment I actually felt it was majestic being on Earth. Now that I think back, this might have been a yugen moment.

Thanks for asking.

Phoenixx

Tired. It's so hot. Our rain and cooler weather didn't last long. It's back in the 90s again. >.<
I think I'm melting.

Invisibleman

meh. thats how i'm feeling.

heh, yeah that pretty much sums up how I feel. Im in that strange middle where I dont feel bad, but I dont feel particularly good either.I should give this feeling a new name, il call it the Twilight zone.

Last edited:

psych

I assume this is exactly what you're doing? Ha.

Good luck with the training. :)

Thanks, I had already trained when I posted. :)
Missed one question on the test, & it was one pertaining to equipment we don't even have at our hospital... So, it went well, CPR is easy...
Unless you're actually performing it. Then, it's exhausting, & scary. :eek:
We also covered the Heimlich maneuver. I have actually performed that successfully, irl.

MikeyC

Tired. It's so hot. Our rain and cooler weather didn't last long. It's back in the 90s again. >.<
I think I'm melting.
It's been unseasonably warm here, too. Like, it's July and it's still reaching 24C. It's the middle of winter! Not complaining but still, very strange.

Cool down any way you can! Ice cream goes well for that.

Thanks, I had already trained when I posted. :)
Missed one question on the test, & it was one pertaining to equipment we don't even have at our hospital... So, it went well, CPR is easy...
Unless you're actually performing it. Then, it's exhausting, & scary. :eek:
We also covered the Heimlich maneuver. I have actually performed that successfully, irl.
Sounds like you had an exciting time! :)

KiaKaha

Banned
Depressed. There are lots of things bothering me. Everything that I want or want to change is out of my reach.
I have a lot on my mind. I need to vent.

"Nutritional deficiencies also play a role in predisposing a person to canker sores. One study of 330 people with canker sores found that over half of them were deficient in iron, folate, or vitamin BI2, or some combination of these nutrients. When their diets were supplemented, almost all of them found that their canker sores disappeared. We've also found that a Zinc deficiency can cause canker sores. If you have recurring canker sores, you should be sure that you're taking adequate amounts of iron, folate, vitamin B, and zinc. "
Canker Sores

phocas shows up just in time with an encyclopedia. :D How are you, Mr. phocas? It seems like I don't see you around that often. Although that could be because I'm not around as much.