How are you feeling?

Starry

I'm feeling frustrated! :(

For years now, I've restricted my calorie intake immensely... It started out at 1000 calories a day and dropped down to 500 calories a day (sometimes less)... I was trying desperately to lose weight and when that just wasn't working (even on 500 calories a day I didn't lose ANYTHING! I should also add, I was doing 3 and a half hours of exercise per day on my 500 calorie diet...) I became terrified of gaining weight... My husband became worried about my health and pestered me to eat more... So since May I've been doing so - I added an extra 100 calories a day per week until I was eating 1,500 calories per day (My husband set the limit).. Problem is, I'm having a very hard time sticking to the limit... Today for example I checked my calorie intake and it's only 1,210... Nearly 300 short of my "goal" intake... But I feel like I'm eating so much! I feel like I'm being so greedy! Partly I'm happy to see a lower total, but I'm also frustrated since I am trying and I know I'm letting my husband down. *Sigh*

Last edited:

MikeyC

Uninteresting update: satisfied :D

Also, I love spaghetti::p:
Spaghetti is truly the best!

For years now, I've restricted my calorie intake immensely... It started out at 1000 calories a day and dropped down to 500 calories a day (sometimes less)... I was trying desperately to lose weight and when that just wasn't working (even on 500 calories a day I didn't lose ANYTHING! I should also add, I was doing 3 and a half hours of exercise per day on my 500 calorie diet...) I became terrified of gaining weight... My husband became worried about my health and pestered me to eat more... So since May I've been doing so - I added an extra 100 calories a day per week until I was eating 1,500 calories per day (My husband set the limit).. Problem is, I'm having a very hard time sticking to the limit... Today for example I checked my calorie intake and it's only 1,210... Nearly 300 short of my "goal" intake... But I feel like I'm eating so much! I feel like I'm being so greedy! Partly I'm happy to see a lower total, but I'm also frustrated since I am trying and I know I'm letting my husband down. *Sigh*
This is weird for me because I could easily eat 1,200 calories in one meal. I wish I was like you.

Valhalla

It seems to me that you are trying. You will get it right another day, maybe tomorrow? Don't think that it's too much, or too little: it's close enough.

And I agree with MikeyC, I for one eat at least twice as much calories as you do.

Foxface

I'm angry, the curse contols me like a compulsive control freak.

I want to go to Lunenburg to chance some caves, but the curse game me an upset stomach when I try to get ready to go. I wish it were a person or something, so I could break it's face in!

Starry

It seems to me that you are trying. You will get it right another day, maybe tomorrow? Don't think that it's too much, or too little: it's close enough.

And I agree with MikeyC, I for one eat at least twice as much calories as you do.

Thank you, Valhalla. I just find it so difficult and it's disheartening, but it's nice to have encouragement. :)

dyingtolive

hey starry youre doing a good job, good luck and all the best..

theres also a thread on exercising over here. i used to be over weight once when i was about 14 and ever since then, fat gets in easily. its just genetic and it sucks. some ppl can have all the spaghetti and pizza they want. i used to starve myself and do alot of cardio but the body adapts quickly. Now im trying a new diet thats pretty scientific for bodybuilders where you starve yourself (1200 calories + workouts) for 4 days then a refeed for 1 day then maintenance for 2 days. its to prevent plateaus.

do you follow any workout routines? in terms of losing weight, as far as i know 3 hour lower intensity cardio is bad for fat loss and actually promotes fat gain. Short and intense is best, like high intensity interval training. I dont wanna sound like a know it all and give unwanted advice so im sorry if i sound bad but just in hopes of helping

Starry

hey starry youre doing a good job, good luck and all the best..

theres also a thread on exercising over here. i used to be over weight once when i was about 14 and ever since then, fat gets in easily. its just genetic and it sucks. some ppl can have all the spaghetti and pizza they want. i used to starve myself and do alot of cardio but the body adapts quickly. Now im trying a new diet thats pretty scientific for bodybuilders where you starve yourself (1200 calories + workouts) for 4 days then a refeed for 1 day then maintenance for 2 days. its to prevent plateaus.

do you follow any workout routines? in terms of losing weight, as far as i know 3 hour lower intensity cardio is bad for fat loss and actually promotes fat gain. Short and intense is best, like high intensity interval training. I dont wanna sound like a know it all and give unwanted advice so im sorry if i sound bad but just in hopes of helping

I tried a diet plan a little like the one you're doing now once, and it did nothing for me...

My cardio work wasn't lower-intensity... I worked very hard and even did some High Intensity Interval Training in with it... I also did lots of resistance work. I'm actually quite interested in fitness and push myself to be very fit - I have very good stats in terms of my cardio health (Excellent recovery rate, low pulse rate, low-end blood pressure etc)

For the past couple of months, however, I haven't been able to exercise due to back/hip pain... I actually started again today with a moderate intensity cardio workout for 45 minutes... My back/hip is probably going to suffer for it now!

But thank you for your help and advice, it is very much appreciated!

oscarwilde

"In the meantime its the most natural thing for others that they hang out somewhere and get into an ecstasy.."
do you think they do it dry...?
without alcohol, a lot more people would now be hangig out on this site.
Do you drink at all? :)

Last edited:

MikeyC

I'm noticing my depressive state coming back. I was going so well by thinking positive and trying to see the positive side to every situation, and I'm still trying, but lately I have been crashing back down and it's hard to stay afloat.

I have a lot on my mind at the moment and it's making my life a bit difficult when in actual fact these problems are quite small and shouldn't need too much worry.

I hate that I'm thinking this way and I want to go back to good thinking. I can't wait to see my therapist again and tell her about all this.

Phoenixx

I'm noticing my depressive state coming back. I was going so well by thinking positive and trying to see the positive side to every situation, and I'm still trying, but lately I have been crashing back down and it's hard to stay afloat.

I have a lot on my mind at the moment and it's making my life a bit difficult when in actual fact these problems are quite small and shouldn't need too much worry.

I hate that I'm thinking this way and I want to go back to good thinking. I can't wait to see my therapist again and tell her about all this.
^ I know that crashing feeling all too well, it completely sucks. I hope it doesn't last long and you're able to get your positivity back soon.

MikeyC

^ I know that crashing feeling all too well, it completely sucks. I hope it doesn't last long and you're able to get your positivity back soon.
I hope so, too, because I was enjoying things again. Life wasn't rainbows but I was getting by a bit better. Not so now.

The crashing is sucking and sorry you're going through it.