How are you feeling?

MikeyC

Thanks.
Is there anything special about tomorrow?
Tomorrow night I'll be going to a friend's place for a couple of drinks. Apparently there's going to be girls there, so that's going to increase my anxiety, but I guess the only way to beat it is to be exposed to these situations. I hope it turns out well.

Srijita52

Tomorrow night I'll be going to a friend's place for a couple of drinks. Apparently there's going to be girls there, so that's going to increase my anxiety, but I guess the only way to beat it is to be exposed to these situations. I hope it turns out well.

Yeah, I guess exposure is the best way to reduce anxiety. I hope to goes well too :)

bcsr

Considering doing something I really don't want to do, and that's going back on depression medicine. I feel like I'm drowning, this hopeless feeling has been increasing steadily for the past couple of months. I haven't made it through a day in almost two weeks without feeling very suicidal. I try and try, one rejection, one failure after another. What does the effort get me? Nothing. Nowhere. There isn't a single aspect of my life right now that I enjoy.

Hit the gym after work, which usually makes me feel better, it didn't help at all today. It's hard being completely alone. I've got no social life, no one I can really talk to about the way I'm feeling. Honestly, if I died right now, no one but my parents and my half-brother would give a ****.

Srijita52

Not good... pretty pissed off and fed up. :mad: ::(:
Same here. I really envy those who have it all so easy. Yay for them! I wish I had anything easy for me just once..yeah that'd be great.
What's wrong Graeme? Did anything partricular happen?
Considering doing something I really don't want to do, and that's going back on depression medicine. I feel like I'm drowning, this hopeless feeling has been increasing steadily for the past couple of months. I haven't made it through a day in almost two weeks without feeling very suicidal. I try and try, one rejection, one failure after another. What does the effort get me? Nothing. Nowhere. There isn't a single aspect of my life right now that I enjoy.

Hit the gym after work, which usually makes me feel better, it didn't help at all today. It's hard being completely alone. I've got no social life, no one I can really talk to about the way I'm feeling. Honestly, if I died right now, no one but my parents and my half-brother would give a ****.
I really know how you feel. I wish I could say I know how to make everything better but I don't. I hope things look up for you though.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Same here. I really envy those who have it all so easy. Yay for them! I wish I had anything easy for me just once..yeah that'd be great.
What's wrong Graeme? Did anything partricular happen?

Where do I start? Well... my meeting, yesterday, with the woman from Capability Scotland didn't go that well. But I had a feeling it probably wouldn't. They're a support organisation for disabled people, their families and carers. Good intentions aside, it was pretty pointless. I mean, it's all well and good getting me outta the house. But there's nothing much to do in the s***hole town where I live, anyway.

And I'm utterly fed up with people constantly telling me what I should like and do. What? So, just because I'm a guy then I should be interested in sports, cars and learning how to drive. Get tae f**k! Sorry. My disability aside, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink alcohol, either. But why must I always apologies for this? Yeah, I'm a boring, boring, boring f**k because I don't conform to the mainstream of society. Why can't people around me just accept that I'm an introverted person, and stop trying to change me? I doubt getting outta the house more often will change this about me. Aye, it gets lonely as f**k and gets me down when I stop and actually think about it, sometimes. But... it's not easy living day to day with a physical disability.

Last edited:

Wow i'm so sorry, maybe you should think about anti depressants indeed, it maybe could help, maybe you could consider 5-HTP, since it is a boost of positivity (in my experience). You could always try, since it's just homeopathic.

I could suggest watching a comedy everyday, but that might makes no sense, it's so not fun to be grey all day. Wish you feel better.

Please don't do anything bad to yourself, you are worth it, you need to believe in you. It wouldn't help you any further to be death, right. Keep fighting and keep in mind that for you, things can change, too.

Srijita52

Where do I start? Well... my meeting, yesterday, with the woman from Capability Scotland didn't go that well. But I had a feeling it probably wouldn't. They're a support organisation for disabled people, their families and carers. Good intentions aside, it was pretty pointless. I mean, it's all well and good getting me outta the house. But there's nothing much to do in the s***hole town where I live, anyway.

And I'm utterly fed up with people constantly telling me what I should like and do. What? So, just because I'm a guy then I should be interested in sports, cars and learning how to drive. Get tae f**k! Sorry. My disability aside, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink alcohol, either. But why must I always apologies for this? Yeah, I'm a boring, boring, boring f**k because I don't conform to the mainstream of society. Why can't people around me just accept that I'm an introverted person, and stop trying to change me? I doubt getting outta the house more often will change this about me. Aye, it gets lonely as f**k and gets me down when I stop and actually think about it, sometimes. But... it's not easy living day to day with a physical disability.
I'm sorry to hear that. But people have no right to tell you who
you are or what you should do. You are what you are, don't let people tell you otherwise.

Srijita52

You two are both so kind and caring. You always have uplifting things to say, I wish I could hug you both! Thank you for your responses to me.

Today I have been thinking a lot. I realised that maybe of late I've been reliant on external sources to solve my problems. "I wish this person would do that" "I wish this would happen" I realised that the reason these thoughts are frustrating is because it gets to a point when we have no real say or influence in the matter. The only thing that can be changed is my attitude to it.
It's time to be tough.
A friend of mine (he's a bit of a lemur) showed me a great Robert Frost quote once:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
And it does. Let's see what the future holds eh?
And that goes for all of us here.
I wish I could hug you too :) You're always optimistic and that really inspires me.
You're absolutely right. I hope things get way better with you in the future.
Alone, and sad, and lost, and confused and.... **** it, I'm tired...
I'm sorry to hear that. If you want to talk I'm here. I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Hoppy

It doesn't work. He has been working on it for 20 years know, and hasn't managed once to get it to work. He always blames everybody except himself. I had to listen to his tantrums, I had to listen to his abuse, over and over and over and over again. I also heard him say last year it is not going to work, and he is going to stop doing it. Why the bloody hell has the blinking stupid idiot started to talk about doing it again tonight? Is 20 years of continous failures not enough?

And the evening started of so well. I'm sick and tired.

MikeyC

I remember your posts about how awesome you are and stuff, so I guess that's no longer the case? ::(: If you feel you should be on anti-depressants, then go for it. If it's going to make you feel better, there's no reason why you shouldn't be on them. Your health is important.

But... it's not easy living day to day with a physical disability.
I can imagine. Sorry, Graeme. ::(:

You two are both so kind and caring. You always have uplifting things to say, I wish I could hug you both! Thank you for your responses to me.
You're very welcome, twiggle. :)

Today I have been thinking a lot. I realised that maybe of late I've been reliant on external sources to solve my problems. "I wish this person would do that" "I wish this would happen" I realised that the reason these thoughts are frustrating is because it gets to a point when we have no real say or influence in the matter. The only thing that can be changed is my attitude to it.
It's time to be tough.
A friend of mine (he's a bit of a lemur) showed me a great Robert Frost quote once:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
And it does. Let's see what the future holds eh?
And that goes for all of us here.
When you can't control what's making you upset, it's bound to get very frustrating. I like your attitude to the future and with any luck it will start turning your way, as it should.

Alone, and sad, and lost, and confused and.... **** it, I'm tired...
That's awful, Jonesy. Get some sleep. I do find that helps me sometimes. When you wake up I hope to see you've snapped out of these feelings. :)