Honesty,do you are more depressed at summer or winter?=o/

MaliceInWickedland

I feel better with my SA during the winter because it's cold and you can wear more conservative clothing like jackets and stuff of the like. I don't know why but I always feel more comfortable going into public with a jacket because it covers you better and I feel more "protected" per se. What I like the most is that you can stick your hands in the pockets and not have to worry about having a weird gait. For instance, I get all stiff whenever I get anxious and because of it I look weird when I walk because I don't swing my arms as much and I pretty much look like a walking plank so it feels more comfortable for me to stick my hands in my pockets when I'm walking.

I feel more anxious during the summer because it's so hot and you have no choice but to wear lighter clothing. I also feel inferior because I see all these girls wearing shorts and looking good in them while I feel fat in them. I'm not fat at all and I'm actually very skinny compared to what I used to be but I always cringe whenever I look in the mirror and see myself in shorts. I feel like my thighs are a bit too flabby for me to be showing them off with shorts so I always opt for capris pants instead. People tell me I don't look fat at all in them but I find it hard to believe, and overall I feel really uncomfortable in shorts because they're so revealing and I always feel like people will look at me more in them and make me even more self-conscious.

Mickery

People tell me I don't look fat at all in them but I find it hard to believe

I think there's a difference between believing it and accepting that others believe it. You can wear shorts and be unhappy with how you look, but still know that others think you look fine or better. And if you come to accept that, perhaps you can come to feel comfortable around others and eventually comfortable with yourself.

After all, you wouldn't like it if you thought someone looked nice and they argued and tried to tell you what to think.

da_illest101

I made a similar thread but the complete opposite, in winter i'm depressed because i hate the cold weather. in summer i don't do much but I love heat, i love biking and i love getting grilled by the sun. Though no matter the season I still live in front of my computer

Winter, because it's a dark world. Wow , that sounds depressive. lol

But Winter can be also very pretty, that's what makes it more enjoyable :)

Especially snow, and xmas

but, summer is just a beautiful time, and spring is the time of the year for me.

I love spring. :)

That exactly it! It's the atmosphere, a gentle repose. Though Autumn is very reflective. But spring is exciting, everything is coming back to life and so bright. Maybe it's the humidity that puts off summer (I really can't stand it!). When I think about it, there's so much to like about each season. But definitely Autumn for me.

Yes, every season has its beauty :)
I think depression can kick in anytime, sure darkness can trigger this.
But if you feel not happy about yourself, a little sunlight wouldn't help you feel more confident, i mean, it's even more light.. (I bet every SA person know's what i mean, saying this)

Exactly a gentle repose, and we all have it in our hands, to make our own good season with good times, try to break through the cycle of depression,pain,sadness, there is a light :)

I hope there will be a season without feeling anxious... wouldn't that be great? A whole season? wauwie:)

Starchild

Lately I seem to get more depressed at summer than winter. I think it's because the expectations to summer is always so high. Summer is always being built up into this amazing, great thing by not just the media but also me. I keep remembering how much I used to love summer, and all the fun things I used to do when I was younger.

But now it just makes me depressed. I wanna go outside and have fun, I wanna go swimming with friends and have bonfire parties. But instead I am stuck here at home, completely alone. I see pictures of other people having an awesome time together in the late summer evenings, at festivals, parties, the beach or just hanging out on a bench. It reminds me of what I don't have and what I wish I had. Summer definitely isn't what is used to be.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
For me I think it's summer. Not because of the temperature or climate, but because in summer I usually do not have much to do and end up spending to much time alone in my room. In winter I have school usually, and holidays so I have to go out and interact with family. I just am doing more and keeping busier in winter time. It can be stressful at times but a little stress is better than all relaxing and doing nothing.

x Will x

My moods are raised dramatically in the summer, winter mornings are like a living hell and the days are to short.. this makes me sad:(
Summer there is allot to do, days are long and i can go and lay in the sun... not having to worry about a thing:)
The weather at the moment cant seem to make its mind up, i call it bi-polar weather because it has its highs and lows!:p

Silatuyok

I get really depressed in the winter time. I think it has to do with the lack of sunlight, because I can already feel it starting to take its effect on me. ::(: Summertime is happy time.

Labyrinthine

I prefer winter. It really is beautiful, and I don't mind the cold as much. I like wearing layers, especially scarves. Summer is just too hot for me. Autumn is my favorite season of all. Can't wait for it :D

WeirdyMcGee

Winter lasts half the year, I don't do well in the cold and I've never 'enjoyed' sleeping with 14 comforters on my body-- it's way too heavy.

haha
and even if I never go outside, at least in the summer months we have sun coming in through the windows. I think that can make a difference; even for someone with a sun allergy, like me.

I am definitely slightly more depressed in the october-april months and it's not just the weather but the holidays.
Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas, New Years, Valentines day, Birthdays etc.
They're wonderful, really... but depressing when no one is around to pretend they give a care about you.

chibiXphantom

summer depresses me cause i have to look at all the people that have parties, and nice vacations, and have fun with friends when its just me..on my computer...no friends.. or at work. and i hate the heat and being sweaty.

though i guess winter is quite similar (as far as the social stuff), but its cozier and stuff. though christmas makes me all nostalgic and depressed.. and i have memories from this past winter that im trying to forget..

Starry

I feel much better in summer, but only if it's sunny... The sun basically takes my depression, anxiety and stress levels down and cloudy rainy days put the levels up.

I do like winter though, especially if there is snow. I don't mind the cold when I'm outside or doing something, but I get cold very easily if I'm just sitting not doing much... We're talking blue finger tips even with layers of jumpers on... One year I was sat wearing a thin long-sleeved top, two thick jumpers, my scarf, thick winter coat, two pairs of socks and gloves whilst being wrapped up in a duvet... and I was still cold... (It took me about an hour and a half to be warm enough to remove the coat and gloves, but retain the duvet) I get cold in the summer too, unless it's particularly warm.

I also love the coziness of sitting snuggled up on winter evenings, especially around Christmas with the lights and decorations, and snowy walks are just beautiful...

But (almost) purely for anxiety reasons I'd prefer to have a year round summer - with GOOD weather.

TheFlamesWithin

Summer is freakin AWFUL for me... I gain weight, my agoraphobia is at its peak, I actually start wanting to cut again... its terrible...

Fall and Winter are my best seasons... I hate extreme temperatures (most especially heat-you can always throw on a yummy warm coat and stomp around in snow!), but I just can't do summer. Give me that remote from the movie Click and I would skip summer all together!

LadyWench

Summertime, most definitely. My anxiety is a lot worse during the hot months (for some reason) and my depression kicks in full-gear. Autumn and winter are my favorite months and I tend to feel a little more happy during that time. I look forward to the colder weather and the holidays (despite the stress that comes along with having no money). I'm anxious for autumn to get here. I'm so effing tired of summer. I dread it every single year. I hate everything about it. I'm pretty strange, I suppose. Most people prefer it and hate the cold weather. I'm obviously the opposite.

Invisibleman

I suppose during the winter I dont feel as guilty for staying inside all day,but I hate it. Its cold,and miserable,and disgusting.

The summer I feel much more in a happier mood even though it can also be brutal for me,especially having no friends. Everybody partying and loving life while im still just staying inside all day.

I love autumn too,although it too also makes me depressed because well....I dont know autumn just reminds me of love for some reason. Im walking through the crisp afternoon,my feet are crunching across the grass, Its completely silent with just the birds chirping,I just imagine holding a girls hand.

I dunno,its hard to say.

JuiceB

I think I'd have to agree with Weirdy. As depressed as I get during the spring and summer, winter months are far more worse because of the holidays.

Emperor

Summer, because that's when I'm supposed to go out and hangout with people.
I hate leaving home, I'm an indoor kind of person.