Honesty,do you are more depressed at summer or winter?=o/

DespairSoul

Hey ::eek::

I wanna ask u guys do you feel better at summer or winter with your SA,Avpd,depression?

I feel worse at summer. Before i was loving summer. Somehow turned this to like more winter time or autumn. Anxiety change me in someone who im not. I was loving summer so much. Usually people are more depressed in a winter,because no sun effects. In a Summer is everyone happy,cheerful and not cloudy,with out moods. Usually in Summer is more things to do go out, meet up with frends. Maybe this is the reason. Winter make me feel more safe because people are seating home by warm tea,playing table games,debating and use to be in a peace in warm. I love sunshine very much and is teasing me that i cant enjoy warm weather. If i go out people look so happy make me so anxious. Someone have the same feeling or im alone=o/ How to change this feeling someone have some sugestion??

Snowdrop

Hey Despair, :) I know what you mean, I feel the same. I used to love summer too but as SA and depression caught up to me I felt so different and far away from the people who were having fun. It also makes me feel like I'm way behind and immature because it's like everyone else has experienced happy, fond memories while I have been stowed away in a corner. So to let you know, you're not alone on this.
To get out of this, joining a club in the summer could be a good idea. You'd meet more people that way and feel like you're part of something. Look in the papers about charity events, fairs etc. I find that even if it's just the little things like having a walk in the park, calling up one close friend or family member and just walking in the sun could do a world of good and make you feel less depressed.

DespairSoul

Hey snowy:)

Thanks for asnwer. I know i should do more activity that i little forgot about my down sorrow feelings that i dont enjoy as others. Yes i had already idea to join somewhere some joga,some dancing and this but my fear of people and join those stuff is too strong. I will have again negative thoughts that no ones likes me and i will actually feel alone anyway between those strangers. My suspicious thoughts they dont like me then i will join out coz is no sense will be typical me. This summer i was a lot using sun i must say but alone of sometimes with bf but he was working all the time or have own activities with frends. Do you alone are joinded at summer in some club=o)?

EscapeArtist

I like summer because my family is out of the house more, which makes me a lot more confident within myself. Really nothing to do with actual seasons... The sun does me a lot of good when it's out, so still, summer

Snowdrop

Hey snowy:)

Thanks for asnwer. I know i should do more activity that i little forgot about my down sorrow feelings that i dont enjoy as others. Yes i had already idea to join somewhere some joga,some dancing and this but my fear of people and join those stuff is too strong. I will have again negative thoughts that no ones likes me and i will actually feel alone anyway between those strangers. My suspicious thoughts they dont like me then i will join out coz is no sense will be typical me. This summer i was a lot using sun i must say but alone of sometimes with bf but he was working all the time or have own activities with frends. Do you alone are joinded at summer in some club=o)?

Well to be honest I'm the same as you in that I'm too afraid to get to know new people. I haven't joined a club before but I think it'll probably do me a lot of good if I gathered up the courage. Maybe if you talked to your boyfriend, told him how lonely you felt, he might spend more time with you? In any case I think the best way to get depression out of our minds is to do things - anything. I find when I'm just sitting around, I might not feel motivated to do anything but it makes me feel even worse, so I summon up the will and just get up do exercise maybe, do something you enjoy. As you can tell I'm not the best at advising since I'm quite depressed atm too ^^'

Last edited:

DespairSoul

I like summer because my family is out of the house more, which makes me a lot more confident within myself. Really nothing to do with actual seasons... The sun does me a lot of good when it's out, so still, summer

Escapeartist:) Lucky man i wish summer i love warm weather. I was summer child and i was loving swimming before. All the time i was out. Yes actual season isnt good for nothing to do only for building snowmans or skying this is great if u use to do it. I was a lot using going out this summer but lonely places isnt right place for someone with Sa,Avpd(Not sure till now what i have) for feeling well even if is sun. True that sunshine press me more to go out but i feel less confident at summer because i think my face look more anxious around people what are truly happy. Sunshine is vitamins:)what heal you is true.

DespairSoul

Well to be honest I'm the same as you in that I'm too afraid to get to know new people. I haven't joined a club before but I think it'll probably do me a lot of good if I gathered up the courage. Maybe if you talked to your boyfriend, told him how lonely you felt, it might help? In any case I think the best way to get depression out of our minds is to do things - anything. I find when I'm just sitting around, I might not feel motivated to do anything but it makes me feel even worse, so I summon up the will and just get up do exercise maybe, do something you enjoy. As you can tell I'm not the best at advising since I'm quite depressed atm too ^^'

My bf broke up with me. Now look like is better again between us. Im alone confused i think he want make only nice christmas and new year for me. He was before forcing me do stuff go out and tell me that im active. If he had time for me we was going out together. I wish just have someone who understand my feeling who will not take me like a freak or a loser. Im too not motivated this is a problem. If im sitting around is the worse. This summer i found again passion to go a lot bicykel was great but my negative thoughts was anyway with me i was driving this bicykel like im contesting with someone to get the most endorphines to my head. Little was helping but not as i was looking forward. Bicykel was this year my healing and love. I loved him before too. Sport is great doctor :)but not solving whole case. Im sometimes mad on myself i try help people if i stuggle with the same because i feel alone depressed and feeling that maybe can help someone with some good advice little move on let lighting light maybe what if he/she will do it if i cant maybe she or he will be stronger then IM? Just is amazing feeling to try help. I dont know if we really can here help each others but what i know we are together. We understand each others trought what we are going. Kind word is always joy to read.

Snowdrop

My bf broke up with me. Now look like is better again between us. Im alone confused i think he want make only nice christmas and new year for me. He was before forcing me do stuff go out and tell me that im active. If he had time for me we was going out together. I wish just have someone who understand my feeling who will not take me like a freak or a loser. Im too not motivated this is a problem. If im sitting around is the worse. This summer i found again passion to go a lot bicykel was great but my negative thoughts was anyway with me i was driving this bicykel like im contesting with someone to get the most endorphines to my head. Little was helping but not as i was looking forward. Bicykel was this year my healing and love. I loved him before too. Sport is great doctor :)but not solving whole case. Im sometimes mad on myself i try help people if i stuggle with the same because i feel alone depressed and feeling that maybe can help someone with some good advice little move on let lighting light maybe what if he/she will do it if i cant maybe she or he will be stronger then IM? Just is amazing feeling to try help. I dont know if we really can here help each others but what i know we are together. We understand each others trought what we are going. Kind word is always joy to read.

I'm glad you find it comfortable here :) And it doesn't matter if we don't find an answer now, I just feel relieved to have met such kind like-minded people here :)

Forgotten-Children

Moreso in winter until it's actually Christmas day because with summer, not only do I have a summer birthday but we spend our summer down in Florida with my grandparents so we can go to the beach, the fisherman's club, and the movie theatre (we go there more often than when my mom and dad actually takes us because my grandma is actually fun).

Not to mention, I really love my grandparents and just being able to be with them seeing as I hardly ever see them that much, it makes me feel happy when I do. :3

DespairSoul

Moreso in winter until it's actually Christmas day because with summer, not only do I have a summer birthday but we spend our summer down in Florida with my grandparents so we can go to the beach, the fisherman's club, and the movie theatre (we go there more often than when my mom and dad actually takes us because my grandma is actually fun).

Not to mention, I really love my grandparents and just being able to be with them seeing as I hardly ever see them that much, it makes me feel happy when I do. :3

Yes if u have in summer activity wich make u happy is diffrent i believe if i could go florida beach propably i will be happy like small puppy dog. Maybe is to depends on wich place and with who you spend time. If u are alone,no frends around u,no family of course is depression stronger. Im glad u have you happy place! Thank u for response

Hastings & Main

I have a better time in the summer.
Lots of couples together outside, parties going on, sure - but winter has the cold and the constant grey (both of which I'm fine with during autumn, but I LOVE Halloween & it goes hand in hand) and you still have the couples together, only they're more snuggly with each other....

DespairSoul

I have a better time in the summer.
Lots of couples together outside, parties going on, sure - but winter has the cold and the constant grey (both of which I'm fine with during autumn, but I LOVE Halloween & it goes hand in hand) and you still have the couples together, only they're more snuggly with each other....

Hey Hasting:)

I see. Wow sound like u are out of anxiety. Do you are alone in relationship or u just enjoy others like that?:)Interresting how u feel about it u really sound healthy to me:) Because that way next my opinion feel people with out anxiety.

emerald_star733

i dislike summer, even as a kid i could not stand the heat... i love winter.. i love snow, cold, beautiful winter.. summer i feel like i cannot breathe due to the humidity.. ick... i know i am rare, as most love summer...

DespairSoul

i dislike summer, even as a kid i could not stand the heat... i love winter.. i love snow, cold, beautiful winter.. summer i feel like i cannot breathe due to the humidity.. ick... i know i am rare, as most love summer...

Emerald:) u arent rare i think. I think we tend like winter more only coz of anxiety. Atleast i change in that case. I was loving summer. But i start like more winter because people are more home and i can enjoy peaceful walk with out them sometimes. Maybe u really like more winter as summer. If i should choice between really smokin hot weather and cold i choise cold i hate if is to much hot. Like 30 degree is to much for me=o/specialy in the cities and no beaches,no ocean.

emerald_star733

Emerald:) u arent rare i think. I think we tend like winter more only coz of anxiety. Atleast i change in that case. I was loving summer. But i start like more winter because people are more home and i can enjoy peaceful walk with out them sometimes. Maybe u really like more winter as summer. If i should choice between really smokin hot weather and cold i choise cold i hate if is to much hot. Like 30 degree is to much for me=o/specialy in the cities and no beaches,no ocean.

i agree... the heat has always bothered me.. even as a kid i wanted to be inside when it was super hot... people assume canada is cold.. but in summer on some days it can reach in the high 30s or 40s celcius.. and i truly cannot stand it.. i have always loved winter.. as a kid i would lay out in the snow and let it fall on my face.. i would love it so much... in summer i would hide unless up north at the cottage where it was cooler by the lake... so yes, depends on situation.. but i get so happy in winter.. i love snow, i get so happy when the first snow fall comes :D especially when the sunlight reflects like diamonds on the snow. so pretty! i am so tempted to make a snow angel right now.. but i am all toasty warm inside so i will refrain.. for now... hehe

lavender

I'm more depressed in the summer, I feel like there's so much life going on outside and I'm stuck indoors. I love the winter, the feeling of being snowed in, warm and cozy and not feeling guilty for spending all day with a book or something. I also like how it gets dark earlier because I have an easier time going outside when it's dark.

DarkPhoenix

Its summer here at the moment. The heat tends to sap my energy, makes it hard to motivate myself to do anything. I prefer autumn/winter. I only wish it snowed here.

planemo

Well I do prefer summer over winter. I really can't stand the cold much, though I suppose it's nowhere near as cold here in winter, as it is in other parts of the world. The problem with winter is the dull, dreary days which seem to take an eternity to pass. That and the fact that I have to wear thick heavy clothes, which I hate. Oh and yes, when I get the flu it's pretty horrible too. So in those ways summer is much better, but in some other ways it's not. Like knowing that others are out there enjoying themselves by having a picnic, or spending the day at the pool, etc. I just stay at home, so i can't really enjoy summer all that much. The fact that I live at high altitude, and in a place with no water nearby, and pretty much devoid of any natural beauty, makes it a little easier, coz i would really hate to live next to the sea and still find myself trapped at home.

DespairSoul

Well I do prefer summer over winter. I really can't stand the cold much, though I suppose it's nowhere near as cold here in winter, as it is in other parts of the world. The problem with winter is the dull, dreary days which seem to take an eternity to pass. That and the fact that I have to wear thick heavy clothes, which I hate. Oh and yes, when I get the flu it's pretty horrible too. So in those ways summer is much better, but in some other ways it's not. Like knowing that others are out there enjoying themselves by having a picnic, or spending the day at the pool, etc. I just stay at home, so i can't really enjoy summer all that much. The fact that I live at high altitude, and in a place with no water nearby, and pretty much devoid of any natural beauty, makes it a little easier, coz i would really hate to live next to the sea and still find myself trapped at home.

Hey emu:) woa i couldnt say this better about this thick clothes in winter this i dislike too summer is much easier in those way. I think both Summer and winter have some plus and some minus. My anxiety let me see more minuses in summer coz of people wich are truly happy and can enjoy so much what i cant. I guess South Afrika there must be very cold if is winter. Im usually sick at spring more or autumn but not in the winter mostly, honesty i have very rare flu coz mostly im trapped home and if i go out i wear me very warm. I love sea but i dont have any too here,a think after time i will be totaly depressed coz i cant enjoy as others again, just is magic circle of anxiety feelings wich kill my real me. Sometimes i dont know who i really Im.:eek: