I am more intimidated by...

• Total voters

dottie

Please complete the sentence:

I am more intimidated by...

Last edited:

BlueWeepingRose

I usually get along with both sexes, it just depends on how they act towards me. If they come across as rude or not helpful, I usually stay quiet around them. Cause I don't like starting confrontations with people.

phobic

Definitely more so by those of the same sex as me, though comparing myself to practically anyone brings out a tremendous feeling of inadequacy for me. Unfortunately, I think I am more prone to jealousy than I'd actually like to admit. It really shouldn't be that way. All people are scary!

Flanscho

social PHOBIA = intimidated, at the least. this isn't a "moderately shy in certain situations" website.

It's also a website about people who manage to slowly overcome their social phobia. Setting up polls that make people assume that they have no chance to improve things doesn't help.

dottie

It's also a website about people who manage to slowly overcome their social phobia. Setting up polls that make people assume that they have no chance to improve things doesn't help.

you genuinely had social phobia and now you are cured, you're never intimidated?

theoutsider

You can have social phobia without being intimidated by everyone. I am very uncomfortable in certain social situations. For example, if a person has a mole on their face, I can't stop myself from staring while talking to them. I can't remember being intimidated by any individual though. Intimidation would mean I am afraid of them. I'm not afraid of them, I'm afraid of my inability to act normally around them.

I think I know what you are trying to ask but perhaps the question should be, "Who are you more uncomfortable around?"

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm not intimidated, I'm nervous, but not to the extreme. I'm more nervous around guys because I feel inadequate.

Odo

Banned
I don't think it's their gender so much as how they carry themselves. I think for the most part, my anxiety has more to do with me than a specific kind of person.

I don't think it's their gender so much as how they carry themselves. I think for the most part, my anxiety has more to do with me than a specific kind of person.

Yeah, this.

Naturally the more extroverted/opinionated/assertive a person is, the more I shrink away into myself around them. I try to force myself to be myself anyway, but it's a constant back-and-forth battle and I am never comfortable around said outspoken person, though I may become more accustomed to them.

Ithior

I'm a straight guy (I believe sexual orientation is also a factor). I'm more likely to strike a good conversation and develop a good relationship with a girl than with a guy. In terms of anxiety it's the opposite, I'll get more anxious around girls than guys. The person I get along with the best is actually a guy though.

The first thing (conversation/relationship) might be because when I was in kindergarten I was always following my sister (same age), I even did ballet because she was doing it and I was too scared to do something else by myself. Naturally, I was around girls more than I was around guys back then.

I don't really feel "intimidated" though.

dottie

k, well, i stand by my poll and the use of the word intimidated... since social phobics are timid... you know, they key dysfunction in their life. don't know how they can be separated.

GhoulsNightOut

I'm intimidated by both genders if I find them attractive. :S
Unless their personality kills their pretty face, then I'll be like "Bitch, please."

Meggy0001

The opposite sex I don't know why but when I am near a guy my anxieties flare up a lot whether I like them or not :/ so most guys think I fancy them or something lol

GraybeardGhost

Any man I don't know, who is wearing a business suit, scares the hell out of me. :sad:

Suits don't scare me per se, but they do make me suspicious. In my mind, that's fancy dress, not everyday attire, and if a man (or woman) has to put on a costume to do his job, I have to wonder what else is hiding behind the facade.