Gamers thread

life-in-skyrim-header.jpg

1. Girls Talk To You

Talking to girls in real life is hard. Even if you manage to muster the courage to approach one, she just stares at you vacantly as your brain fumbles for the words to win her heart. Sound familiar? In Skyrim, girls still stare at you vacantly, but all the words you can say are predetermined, removing a great deal of social pressure. Plus, you get to talk about elves and crap like that, which a real-life girl would never subject herself to.

This is what a girl looks like when she is interested in what you have to say:

skyrim-girls-320.jpg

Adult Swim: Ten Reasons Why Life In Skyrim Will Be Better Than Real Life

Ahahahhahahahaha.

drganon

I dunno, I get robbed on there all the time. I just walk past a dude in the woods and the dialogue usually goes "Hey umm... this is OUR part of the woods so umm, you gotta pay the woods crossing tax. Oh you dont have any money? Ok time to die" lmao

Yeah, those kind of people just end up losing their heads around me. Literally.

Sartana

I went back to play Skyrim on my pc and the performance is terrible all of a sudden. It ran flawlessly and now it's all laggy. I know it's having a similar problem on the PS3, but not the PC. :(

Started playing Yakuza 3 and Valkyria Chronicles again instead.

AsTimeBurns

My TV doesn't work with my PS3. It doesn;y work as a TV either in my bedroom since there is no aerial point. And the inbuilt DVD player isn't very good. Other than that it's a great paperweight.

MrJones

I just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution a couple of days ago, in the hardest difficulty, all four endings... and now I don't know what to do :p
It was a great game :D

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I'm a level 27 archer/battlemage in Skyrim. Been playing for 44 hours and I've barely gotten anywhere in terms of the storyline. Hopefully I won't be sick of this game by the time all the (more) awesome stuff starts happening. I finished AC: Revelations in less than 25 hours. Disappointing, considering the last two instalments took me double that amount of playing time to achieve 100% synch. But that might be because I couldn't be bothered with the synch this time (so bloody frustrating) so I'm stuck at 89%.

Overload

Has anyone else finished Skyward Sword? Amazing. Just a bit hand-holdy, but that's no reason not to play it. Beautiful game. The Wii motion plus is nearly perfectly implemented. Feels SOOOO good slashing things.

fitftw

^ I'll pick up a Wii and Skyward Sword when i can score both for under $100 total.

Been playing ICO the past 2 days. Awesome game. You drag this girl around a castle and there are puzzles to figure out. It was one of the top 5 PS2 games of all time. After this I will play Shadow of the Colossus which is on the same PS3 disc.

The Lost

I'm on a gaming hiatus until I've upgraded my HDD, since the current one is now corrupted. :( ....It's not all bad, since I've drained all replay value out of my games + I'm just waiting for certain new games to be released.

Last edited:
I married an Argonian dude.. After he called a hit on me because I stole his key. Considering I had already spend 2 hours looking for a suitable spouse, I just had to go into the console and set that bugger straight.. well, sorta speak.

Supernova

Just pre-ordered swtor from game, £130! I wasn't going to get it because it was so expensive (I like getting collectors editions) and I still might not. Every time I try a mmo I just end up on my own, even if I find a guild I usually stay quiet. I may cancel it and just stick with skyrim which I'm getting for christmas.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I married an Argonian dude.. After he called a hit on me because I stole his key. Considering I had already spend 2 hours looking for a suitable spouse, I just had to go into the console and set that bugger straight.. well, sorta speak.
My Khajit married the girl at the Riverwood Trader shortly after retrieving the golden claw, early in the game. Pure pragmatism. Free house and 100 gold a day from the start. He's not only a thief: he's a mooch! :D