Gamers thread

JCVA

Just finished Star Ocean for the PS3 yesterday. Now I'm currently trying to finish the Orange Box. Gotta clear my backlog of games before buying new ones.

fitftw

Just finished Star Ocean for the PS3 yesterday. Now I'm currently trying to finish the Orange Box. Gotta clear my backlog of games before buying new ones.

I'm jealous. I bought Star Ocean like a year ago and only played it for a half hour before I got lost or bored or both. Which is weird because I absolutely LOVED SO2 for PSOne...I'll have to get back into it eventually.

JCVA

I actually got bored of it half way thru and didn't touch it for almost half a year lol. I actually had to force myself to finish it yesterday because I'm planning on selling it.

My Khajit married the girl at the Riverwood Trader shortly after retrieving the golden claw, early in the game. Pure pragmatism. Free house and 100 gold a day from the start. He's not only a thief: he's a mooch! :D

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Mine got everything the noble way!.. By grave robbing ever Draug in sight! Plus selling ancient treasure.. and stealing for people whom he murdered.

Noble I tell you!

A house, a horse, 10000 and counting. :B

JCVA

ahem. Maybe I should put the Orange Box on hold while start playing Skyrim instead. Hopefully it wont take too much time to beat.

N0D

Banned
i wanna play old republic. i hate anticipation! what class should i play??? sith warrior or sith inquisitor?

Remus

Staff member
i wanna play old republic. i hate anticipation! what class should i play??? sith warrior or sith inquisitor?

Everyone is playing sith inquisitor!

I've tried all the classes and they re all fun. Bounty hunter has the edge for me.

N0D

Banned
Everyone is playing sith inquisitor!

I've tried all the classes and they re all fun. Bounty hunter has the edge for me.

lol I thought everyone would play jedi knight for Luke-ness, or sith warrior for Vader-ness. Or go your route for Fett-ness. The only movie character that fits inquisitor is the emperor and he's more or less a minor character in the movies. Ugh you are making my anticipation anxiety worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down on the edge of his chair!* go clock go! hurry up to 12/20!

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I used to be a huge fan of the original Knights of the Old Republic series. I loved those games more than the original Star Wars movies. But an MMO? I dunno...
Am I the only one that gets social anxiety while playing online?

I used to be a huge fan of the original Knights of the Old Republic series. I loved those games more than the original Star Wars movies. But an MMO? I dunno...

No, me too. It's one of the reasons why I don't play online. When I do it's usually with people I trust, or it has to be a game I'm REALLY good at. Which there isn't

Besides, I also like to play at my own pace; slow.

Remus

Staff member

I just play MMOs anti socially lol

fitftw

I was wondering about this Old Republic I keep hearing about. I had it on PC like 4 years ago. It was decent, not great...and MMO's are fail. They're for really social people.

Imogen

Anyone else found Skyrim disappointing? I'm playing on the PC and while I was at first blown away by having all the graphics up on max, nothing could prepare me for the utter let down when I was able to play; the menus were a pain in the bum, the character animation in third person was terrible (Mo cap Bethesda, heard of it? ;_; ), and I've had so many glitches that it's unplayable at points, so much so that I skip all conversation and rush my arse off to get through it. All my NPC's have a bug where they are stuck in a jump loop and if they aren't jumping on the spot and hovering in mid air, they are in this weird crouch position, which is hilarious for about ten minutes until a reload doesn't fix it. I also have a bug where if I speak to an NPC, their voice slowly fades out as if they are walking away from me, but if I'm able to move during the speech, I can turn to the left and the voice comes back crystal clear. XD I think I might be modding the crap out of this and hoping it might fix some bugs because damn. T__T I did not ask for this.

@Flowers-Of-Bloom You know what? You really aren't! I play WoW and I'm all fine and dandy questing on my own or with my friends, but if someone else is questing in the area I start wondering I they think I'm rubbish at my class or that I'm not playing properly or something and it totally distracts me. I had to speak in vent in my guild once and nearly cried. >_>

Last edited:

da_illest101

Anyone else found Skyrim disappointing? I'm playing on the PC and while I was at first blown away by having all the graphics up on max, nothing could prepare me for the utter let down when I was able to play; the menus were a pain in the bum, the character animation in third person was terrible (Mo cap Bethesda, heard of it? ;_; ), and I've had so many glitches that it's unplayable at points, so much so that I skip all conversation and rush my arse off to get through it. All my NPC's have a bug where they are stuck in a jump loop and if they aren't jumping on the spot and hovering in mid air, they are in this weird crouch position, which is hilarious for about ten minutes until a reload doesn't fix it. I also have a bug where if I speak to an NPC, their voice slowly fades out as if they are walking away from me, but if I'm able to move during the speech, I can turn to the left and the voice comes back crystal clear. XD I think I might be modding the crap out of this and hoping it might fix some bugs because damn. T__T I did not ask for this.

you think your skyrim is bad, I have it for the ps3. I had the game crashing on me so many times that i'm starting to fear for my ps3. Skyrim crashed on me more time than every game I played in my life combine ( not counting skyrim of course). I never had one single playtime without freezes or frame rate dipping too low. I stop counting the number of time the game's loading will get stuck. I could go on and on about the billion of glitches I saw lol. I'm 61 hours in and the loadings keep getting longer and longer. I will never buy another bethesda game day one ever again.

And I know it's only gonna get worse the more I play, but it's a fun game

That doesn't seem right, though. I haven't had any of those bugs in my whole 86 hours of playing (also on PC). The only thing that I have occasionally is that the game closes, but only after 5 hours of playing or so.

I would look at some trouble shooting sites if I were you. Because the game is quite good once it all flows nicely. :3

forksandspoons

I must say that Skyrim is my favorite game of all time, and I don't throw that title around lightly.

Getting Saints Row 3 for xmas, looking forward to it.

megalon

In 130+ hrs in Skyrim on 360, I only encountered a few very minor bugs. The funniest thing I saw was a mammoth hovering 60 ft in the air for a few seconds before plunging to his death. Nothing that broke the game. It might have frozen once or twice but I save ridiculously often, so no problem.