For those who are single/not looking what is the main reasons to remain single

Ritta

I think I said why in the other post, but I'll say it again. I've got to work on my trust issues and my low self esteem. I got lied and verbally abused in my last relationship, I don't want it to happen again. But if I get to meet someone special who doesn't mind waiting a little while till I get better, then I think that would work out. ::p:

Ignace

Because I'm not ready for it. If I would ever get a girlfriend in the state I am now, I would never could have been able to keep her my girlfriend. Having a good character doesn't matter a lot these days, all u have to do is go out and be a though guy. (For most girls in my environment)

Takes a lot of work, time and from my understanding, cash. I don't know, cash feels better in my hands. This comes from watching family and the few friends I have. I don't speak much so I watch instead.

sevenroses

For me personally, I guess my best bet is to remain single. I'm a messed up guy who has a lot of problems and don't want to lay that burden on anyone or hold anybody back because of me. Also I don't have enough power in me to devote all this time or anything because of being busy. I also too introvert and keep too distant. I keep a lot of things in private too. I have certain private goals I want to accomplish. At 26 I do get severely lonely at times but I just don't want to put any burden on anyone. So that's why I decide to remain single. I guess a good friend is the only way to go for me.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
For me personally, I guess my best bet is to remain single. I'm a messed up guy who has a lot of problems and don't want to lay that burden on anyone or hold anybody back because of me. Also I don't have enough power in me to devote all this time or anything because of being busy. I also too introvert and keep too distant. I keep a lot of things in private too. I have certain private goals I want to accomplish. At 26 I do get severely lonely at times but I just don't want to put any burden on anyone. So that's why I decide to remain single. I guess a good friend is the only way to go for me.

That pretty much sums up what I was going to say about myself.

Lionheart

Banned
very talk active girls always was trying to talk with me,shy girls never even tryed:)I think the time is coming where im going to me alone.
Have a nice Day!

Damaged

Well, me and my bf broke up at the start of April and even though i've been single for 3 months so far and feel like im over him, i dont think im ready to get close to a guy yet.
Ive had a few boys ask to take me out but i say no.

Also i don't think i want a guy to deal with my issues, i don't want to put that on someone again.

Uber Schnitzel

I've been single for about two and a half months now but before that I was single for about a year. Just some of the same reasons that others have posted, I needed to get over the previous girl, to work on myself and I just never met the right one. I now feel ready to get back out there again :cool:

Ecclesiastes

For those who are single/not looking what is the main reasons to remain single and not looking for a relationship? Thanks :)

Because I've yet to get over my ex-boyfriend and is still very much in love with him even though things came to an end and the practical solution for me is to move on but meh, I've tried, and I'm still trying =/

drumev

First of all my monstrous insecurities who love to build up walls between me and the rest of the world and the worst part is they can only be seen from the outside. I'm 19 and it's dead hard even talking to a girl. Intimate relationships are a whole new world for me to discover so if I don't get over my fears it will probably get worse with years.

Waybuloo

Lasting romantic success is difficult even for extroverts to achieve. The divorce rate is sky-high, and even those who remain together often do so out of habit or for financial security, not out of love or even fondness. There are happy, loving exceptions, but not enough of them -- none of the marriages in my entire extended family would I find acceptable to call my own.

Given the romantic difficulty that the average person faces, a shy, awkward introvert will face much, much more. It might seem unromantic, but even with love there's a cost/benefit ratio, and while I would glean as much (if not more) benefit from a genuine relationship as the average person, the cost for me would be, psychologically-speaking, staggeringly higher.

Now, if the heavens see fit to cross my stars with the right girl, I'm all hers, and I'd be as loyal and loving as anyone could be. But to actively date and seek out such a girl would be for me to play the lottery -- the right girl would be a jackpot, but the odds are against me, and if calculated would show a net-loss-per-attempt. I simply don't have the willpower for that cycle of hope and disappointment. I'd rather deliberately pursue (romantic) solitude, and that's what I've done for almost a year now.

You paint a cynical but realistic picture I must say.

yumesa

I'm not looking because I don't think I can handle a relationship if I'm working on and worrying about where I'm going for as a career. As well as some other issues. Would rather be stable and have more confidence in myself. Plus the guys I tend to like are either taken, not interested, or gay *sigh* I seem to shy away once a guy I may like seem to notice or try to talk to me. And they mostly think I hate or afraid them.

Kiwong

Seriously, I need to learn to talk to people without fear first. My anxiety is crippling, being confident enough to even think of a starting a relationship is light years away. I am fundamentally broken by my anxiety.

I don't make friends, I've never had a lover, I don't think I never will, and at 47 the chance are slim, and to be honest I don't mind being idependent. If only going out into the world wasn't so scary.

overcome.

The only time that I'd be in a relationship anytime soon, would be the unlikely prospect that I met somebody who had a very good understanding of anxiety and how it affects somebody in different ways. So yeah, I guess I'd actually like to date somebody who suffered with anxiety problems, too. I may sound corny, but I'd love nothing more than to grow close to them and do my best to help them beat their problems, while I'm beating mine.

My main problem is that I don't go out looking. I don't go out loads really right now. I speak to plenty of women at work, and all sorts of people in general, but that's not the issue, my confidence is just fine. It's just handling anxiety. Honestly, I don't see myself in a relationship anytime soon.

Secretly, I'd love to find somebody like I described. Secretly, I'd actually like to not feel alone in struggles. I think everybody shares this desire, though.

Mythos & Logos

A bit of fear plus I've just become so used to being alone. It'd be nice if I could manage a relationship but I need to meet someone fairly patient that's willing to give me a chance

A bit of fear plus I've just become so used to being alone. It'd be nice if I could manage a relationship but I need to meet someone fairly patient that's willing to give me a chance

Being physically alone is all I know. Online, I see it is not true. Physical, online are considered by some, me included, to be two seperate existences. We are still alone. Leading to this: You are not alone.

Managing, relationships, a lot of work to be done. Which is why, in my opion, it is not worth spending time on trying. Said it a lot, seemed to help me: If it happens it happens. Does not make logical sense(is that right word) to worry about it.

chris11

Two main reasons:

1. Anxiety

2. I sort of have eclectic interests and think that everyone should share them with me.

It can get really depressing at times--especially since I've never actually experianced a romantic relationship of any kind.