For those who are single/not looking what is the main reasons to remain single

Zav

I want a companion but at the same time I know I'm just not ready for that stage of life yet. I'm nowhere near done with college, don't have a job, very uncertain about my life's direction, that kinda thing. I would like a relationship but I feel it would be selfish of me to get into something that I'm not prepared let evolve into something bigger and better.

Swifty

Anxiety and freedom. I will take things easy and see if i'll meet someone or not, don't really want to force myself to find someone.

Niiña

I'd prefer don't be single but probably the reasons to remain single are: The guys that I like never look at me, also, I have very few friends, my neighbours are too old or young than me, I'm studying psicolology so in my school are too few guys, the majority of the guys are gays or the other 3% percent have girlfriend or I don't like them. u.u. But I think the main problem is I'M NOT ATRACTIVE!!!

Engulfed707

im single atm because i don't want the drama. i hate little arguments and stuff that can turn into huge issues. Another reason is the heartbreak after a breakup. My last girlfriend was wonderful then she ended it. Was sick for like a week.

this_portrait

Well, I haven't completely given up looking for someone, but I'm not as focused on it as I was and have just been sticking to casual dates lately, for a few reasons:

-I'm trying to look for a job and go back to school.
-Taking care of a kitten takes up quite a bit of my time (especially lately).
-I'm rather picky with whom I choose to go out with.
-And I'm not in the mood to put up with any b/s that may come from pursuing serious relationships.

Hastings & Main

The anxiety keeps me from maintaining eye-contact, which in turn really puts a damper on meeting her.

Plus, all the years I've been around and seeing others' relationships, I have definitely learned not to settle for just anyone who happens to like me but doesn't share most of my interests. That can be its own kind of loneliness while in a relationship.
And I have a LOT of non-mainstream interests, so she has to be pretty unique. Or weird. :)

Facethefear

It's hard to find something when you are not looking for it. I am old school - I want the man to find me and I don't think anyone could, because I live out in the country at the end of a long driveway behind many trees in the middle of nowhere. This is the longest I have ever been without a boyfriend since puberty (8 years). Men my age are either terminally ill, married or gay and they look old and out of shape. Being single means freedom - peace and quiet - no big elaborate meaty meals served at the dining room table - no touchy feely, ****y when I am tired and no chance to be heartbroken. The only man I would want has to be self sufficent financially, have a great sense of humour, loves animals, has his own interests, loves cooking and adores me. Until I find that man, I will sleep with my mutt.

Freedom.

I have only been in a relationship once in my life. When you've been controlled by a control freak it puts you off getting close to someone ever again. It's been 9 years now.
It's the "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" that is the scariest part. If one wolf could be so clever, how can you tell if you met another one or not.::(:

kristina303

I'd love to have a boyfriend but even though I don't have Social Anxiety anymore I'm still scared to talk to guys. And of course I don't think I'm attractive enough for a guy to like me.

coyote

it's nice having the place to myself so i can scratch and fart as much as i want and leave dirty dishes in the sink

Flowers-Of-Bloom

The Pussycat Dolls - I Don't Need A Man - YouTube

But really it's just because I'm insecure since I don't look like the friggin' Pussycat Sl*ts... *ahem* I mean Dolls. >_>
Plus, I figure I'm saving myself a lot of trouble since I can get myself off anyways, so basically it's a "why bother?" for me.

it's nice having the place to myself so i can scratch and fart as much as i want and leave dirty dishes in the sink

Ooh! Me too!

GhastlyCC

I don't have a drivers licence,a job,or any type of visible "good" future.
I'd feel really bad entering a relationship with these things.
I'm loser. :p

That's why

Emperor

I want to stay single because I don't think anyone would want to have a relationship with me, I'm 16 and I never had a gf because of my social anxiety, my parents would be so disappointed if they find out that I'm planning to stay single my entire life because I'm their only son.

Btw do you think a relationship between me and a girl with SA would work? Or would it be just like the rest?

DDMTAHABC

Mostly because everyone I tend to meet are the same type of people and they just want to do uninteresting stuff (party, drink, etc) and are unmotivated to achieve something more. Maybe it's a small town thing? Also I am very unattractive ha.:eek:

kristina303

I think having a relationship with someone with SA would be better. They would know exactly what you're going through and they would understand. And you'd both probably have a lot in common. The problem is actually finding someone with SA. Haha.