Food Pictures

KiaKaha

Banned
dooleys-lidcombe_fish.jpg

Today I made battered fish (tarakihi) - with a side dish of green salad, beetroot and two baked potatoes.

I have been enjoying cooking lately - I might start taking pictures of the actual meals instead of stealing them from the interwebs.

WeirdyMcGee

Good God, Kia!! :eek:
You've got excellent taste and some skill in the kitchen, neh?
Next dinner party at your house? >D

Phoenixx

Wow, Kia (Kiwi) you have some skill, don't you? I agree with Weirdy, dinner party at your place! :D

This is my dinner for the night. Kamut pasta with sauteed broccoli, onions, sugar snap peas (frozen, didn't have fresh), spinach (Also frozen. Can't really see it in the picture), garlic, rosemary, savory, a bit of oregano, olive oil, and lemon juice.

uxbwm.png

AsTimeBurns

I'm going to have to photograph the Fish and Chips the work canteen does on a Friday, it's the best Fish and Chips I've ever had and I've tried quite a lot!

KiaKaha

Banned
Thanks - :) my Mum taught me to cook - shes really good - I am not really that good though. The pictures arent my own creations so it looks a lot better than it really is - I will post some pics of my real efforts at some point for judgement ;-)

Aletheia

^ Food is supposed to be phenomenally difficult to photograph well. Professionals use all sorts of disturbing tricks to make it look "realistic".

WeirdyMcGee

^ Food is supposed to be phenomenally difficult to photograph well. Professionals use all sorts of disturbing tricks to make it look "realistic".

Very true-- also; the shape/colour/design of the plate and the plating of the food itself are important to photograph well.
The taste is really what counts, though!

MikeyC

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that photographers put marbles in soup so all the veggies and stuff in it float to the top, making it look like it's packed with them.

KiaKaha

Banned
2wcldzk.jpg

Ok so here is a real photograph of a meal that I made today. Aside from the roast chicken (which I bought because I couldnt be bothered roasting a chicken) - I made a potato salad, green salad (lettuce, red onion, cheese, tomato, spring onion, walnuts, cucmber and orange segments) - side dish of beetroot, avacado and boiled eggs.

I took the pic especially for SPW :)

MsBuzzkillington

Wow, KiaKaha! That looks delicious! It all looks so healthy too! If you need help eating that chicken and the potato salad I would definitely be willing to offer up my services.

Things are looking a little too healthy around here, so I have to post a picture of some ice cream I had.

IMAG1195.jpg

Including using fake food. I am pretty sure half the stuff that is photographed is fake.

Scott! I have been to In-and-Out once before. I never knew they had such a crazy creation like that!

Last edited:

MikeyC

Ok so here is a real photograph of a meal that I made today. Aside from the roast chicken (which I bought because I couldnt be bothered roasting a chicken) - I made a potato salad, green salad (lettuce, red onion, cheese, tomato, spring onion, walnuts, cucmber and orange segments) - side dish of beetroot, avacado and boiled eggs.

I took the pic especially for SPW :)
Damn, dude. How good does that look? Wow. Feast well, my friend. Feast well.

P3050030.jpg

I ate pasta and garlic bread today. I ate about 7 slices of garlic bread with over half a kilo of pasta and mince. I ate like a freakin' champion.

Shyangel

That pasta looks yummy, Mikey, you weren't kidding. Awesome looking Garlic bread as well. You put alot of effort into your food.

@Buzz

That ice cream looks amazing! I want to eat it.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The lighting is really tricky. All of my food pics on here I've had to take outside for the natural full lighting, otherwise it just looks unappetizing.

twiggle

What is this? I've never seen anything like it before in my life! (Apart from the cheese slice and chip bit!)

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that photographers put marbles in soup so all the veggies and stuff in it float to the top, making it look like it's packed with them.

Ahh... come to think of it, they do always seem to capture soups with the bits floating around at the top... marble theory sounds about right, but I hope nobody ate one by accident!

Great pics everyone.

I'm cooking a thai paenang curry tonight, I think I'll take a photo :)

twiggle

Errr... doesn't look overly nice but tasted so ::p:
Thai paenang curry with chicken and bamboo shoot.

P1060262.jpg

MikeyC

That pasta looks yummy, Mikey, you weren't kidding. Awesome looking Garlic bread as well. You put alot of effort into your food.
I don't really put that much effort into my food. The garlic bread was pre-packaged. ::p:

KiaKaha

Banned
Doesnt look so bad Twiggle - looks pretty tasty in my opinion. In fact after looking at it for a prolonged amount of time I am thinking I might head down to the curry place for some lunch...