Food Pictures

MikeyC

^ Looks good, Buzz!

P3190030.jpg

My brother and I made nachos today. Probably tasted better than it looked. :)

recluse

LOL! I love how there is a fruit print on the tablecloth, a fruit print on the napkin, a fruit print on the plate and the fruit bowl is full!:cool:

I would say so.:)

*makes note to try this next time she is cooking bacon*

I love how the fruit in the bowl is so shiny! What the hell does he do use Pledge or what!::p:

ohheybbyitscorixx

I had this other dish in the Philippines.

It was some sort of rice and chicken served on banana leaves - very yummy!

I got 'most all the way through it before I found the giant live slugs under the banana leaves!

I'm not sure if that was part of the dish or just an accident.

I did not finish the rest.

It took plenty of Red Horse to wash it down.

I've eaten Balut. It didn't make me almost puke....but the texture made me squeemish. I've also eaten fried pork intestines, and this Filipino dish with pork blood in it. I'm pretty sure I've had that banana dish, but it didn't have slugs in it. It had the banana leaves and flowers. Did you ever have Filipino desserts? Ginataang Halo-halo is my favorite ;o

MikeyC

P4160001.jpg

That chicken piece had an accidental amount of coriander but it ended up tasting really nice!

Phoenixx

tumblr_m3bic0LOIT1r2ejego1_500.png

Look! Ice cream cake! ::p:

No, it doesn't look too special like the commercial ones. I've actually never had a store-bought ice cream cake, so I have no idea what they taste like. My mom actually made me this, chocolate gluten free cake with homemade coconut milk ice cream (that I made). Ice cream wasn't as creamy as I wanted it to be, but I had to make it by hand and I've never really tried it before. Not bad for a first try though!

MikeyC

IMG_0009.jpg

A friend and I went to a chocolate bar today. We bought a chocolate pizza to share. It was awesome. I got myself a cookie-style drink, too, which was probably even nicer than the pizza! It's only been open for 4 days and the lines are constantly out the door. I will certainly be going back because the quality of chocolate at this place is unreal.

Nathália

^ Can you educate us on what is in that? I'm curious, I've never seen anything like it. It looks like beans and peppers are in it....

MikeyC

^ Can you educate us on what is in that? I'm curious, I've never seen anything like it. It looks like beans and peppers are in it....
It's dough with chocolate sauce as the base, then Corn Flakes, caramelised pecans, white chocolate drops, and...something else. There was meant to be marshmallows on it but I asked for it without them.

Roman Legion

Because this is the only thing I can afford to eat for my one meal of the day, it is not going to be the most appetizing thing to see..

(For lack of a better picture, I just googled for it..)

Mustard-sandwich-006.jpg

Nathália

It's dough with chocolate sauce as the base, then Corn Flakes, caramelised pecans, white chocolate drops, and...something else. There was meant to be marshmallows on it but I asked for it without them.

Mmmmmm It seems like the dough is what makes it awesome, eating the chocolate sauce off of soft bread....*slaps mouth up*

Because this is the only thing I can afford to eat for my one meal of the day, it is not going to be the most appetizing thing to see..

(For lack of a better picture, I just googled for it..)

Mustard-sandwich-006.jpg

All you can eat?

Nathália

I only eat one mustard sandwich, gotta save some bread.. And bread is a dual meaning..

I'm sorry. I feel slow now.. the only thing you eat through out the day is one sandwich, or you eat one mustard sandwich because you like them so much? I hope better for you if you eat one thing a day because that's very sad and dangerous. My stomach drops just thinking about you not having enough food...anyone in that position, pretty please get help Roman, that's not safe.

If it's that you like mustard sandwich and you don't have enough bread to make the sandwiches, more power to you just ignore the first half. I'm just wondering.

Roman Legion

I'm sorry. I feel slow now.. the only thing you eat through out the day is one sandwich, or you eat one mustard sandwich because you like them so much? I hope better for you if you eat one thing a day because that's very sad and dangerous. My stomach drops just thinking about you not having enough food...anyone in that position, pretty please get help Roman, that's not safe.

If it's that you like mustard sandwich and you don't have enough bread to make the sandwiches, more power to you just ignore the first half. I'm just wondering.

I don't even taste them when I eat, one of the few good things I learned in the military helped that was learning to eat quickly as the slower you eat, the more you can taste it; bread and mustard are cheap.. I do eat it on rye bread and if I run out of mustard, I can obtain free packets from fast food places.. I'd never eat fast food.. Bleh.. I seldom feel hungry anyway, I guess my body is just used to very little food?

Nathália

I don't even taste them when I eat, bread and mustard are cheap.. I do eat it on rye bread and if I run out of mustard, I can obtain free packets from fast food places.. I'd never eat fast food.. Bleh.. I seldom feel hungry anyway, I guess my body is just used to very little food?

I have had problems with my appetite in the past few years too. I went from an athletic 122 to 108 pounds. I just gained back 2 pounds from being 106. I used to didn't care what I eat, but now I'm so picky . I force myself to eat because I don't want malnutrition, one of my organs to fail from losing too much or go into a LBS coma....... I'm not trying to be a jerk or make you feel bad...I don't want to do that to you.

Last edited:

Roman Legion

I have had problems with my appetite in the past few years too. I went from an athletic 122 to 108 pounds. I just gained back 2 pounds from being 106. I used to didn't care what I eat, but now I'm so picky . I force myself to eat because I don't want malnutrition, one of my organs to fail from losing too much or go into a LBS coma......That's binge eating. I'm not trying to be a jerk or make you feel bad...I don't want to do that to you.

Can't get much with $8..lol I'll be fine, if not thats just okay too.. ::eek:: I lost absolutely no weight in basic training.. Nor did I gain anything.. I remember hearing one guy talking at the end of training about losing over 20 lbs..

MikeyC

Lucky I wasn't there, otherwise I would've stolen it and it would be in my belly! ::p: Looks delicious!