Do you still live with your parents?

Do you still live with your parents (or other guardians)?

• No, and I am male

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No, and I am female

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 18-22

Votes: 60 23.0%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 23-29

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 30-40

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between +40

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 18-22

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 23-29

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 30-40

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between +40

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Error

I am just curious.

One of the things I'm most embarrassed is the fact that, at this age, I'm still living with my parents...

Error

I do! I'm mid-20s. It is a little embarrassing to admit to others, but I've lived out before at uni and on travels and am only still at home because I want to save up some money and not waste it on renting somewhere when I don't need to.
It all depends on your individual circumstance - other people shouldn't judge.

Well, at least you have a "noble" reason.

But I am just afraid of moving out and living alone... of course there is the money thing, but if I said that's the my main reason, I would be lying...

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah, I'm 23 years old and still living with my mum. My sister has long since got married and moved out.

But I am just afraid of moving out and living alone...

I think this is my main reason for not moving out yet as well. I just don't how or if I'd be able to cope on my own, what with my disability (cerebal palsy) and all.

Last edited:
If I had the finances for it, I would move out right away. Right now I spend most of my time in a small room with more things in it the there's space for. And not to mention a cat that is nearly always there too.

If I could get a single room (even just slightly) bigger then this, with reasonably private bathing/laundry capabilities nearby, I'd be more then happy.

Simmy

I'm 22 and have lived out for over a year now for uni, but moving back in a week or so and will be commuting to uni next year, so I ticked yes ^_^

It's not a problem really, and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper to commute compared to rent prices I've had to deal with.

The only thing I'd ever get from my mum with regards to living in their house is things like "you're so ungrateful" or something, if I haven't helped with the cleaning or the dishes for example >.<

talisman

I'm nearly 27 and still living at home. I've got no plans to move out either. I lived alone for a while at uni and it was depressingly lonely. I'm in no rush to go through that again. Home is definitely restrictive, but its also comfy and not nearly so lonely.

I'm 22.5, and the very minute I'll be able to economically sustain myself (which luckily would be in two-three years from now when I get my Associated Degree) , I'm getting the hell out of my house. I can't stand living with my father.

LadyWench

Yep. I'm 22 and still live with my mother. I dropped out of middle school due to severe anxiety issues and never bothered to go back. I had a job for a year when I was 16, but was unfortunately laid off. Since then, I've been nothing but a parasite, still living under my mom's roof.

Patrick26

Yes i still do sadly, but i have the upstairs to myself, he's in the basement. I'm 27 in a few months. He tells me his friends are still living at home (55's) so i should aswell....WTF! i only do because economy blows and i don't make enough to live on my own.

Generical

Yep (22) i've only been in a full time job for 5 months and it may not even be permanent so future plans need to be solid. All my friends are either still living at home or at uni so no pressure really. Here moving out is just a waste of money if it's not with someone unless you don't get along with your p's.

NewtoThis

Yeah, I'll be 21 soon. I leave every year for school but I'm with them for summers and I'll probably live with them after I graduate university because of money issues. I can only get a job at school, for some reason no one hires me during summers :mad:

MrJones

Yes, I'm male and my age is between 18-22 (20)

I searched for an appartment when I started uni but it was too expensive for me. I could search for a job, but then I wouldn't have enough time to study and I'd need 5 years instead of 4 to finish my studies.

Waybuloo

I don't think there's as much stigma as there used to be. It is common nowadays for 20 somethings and even 30 somethings because housing is so expensive (the bubble also applies to rent as our rent has gone up faster than inflation over the years). My Asian friends all live in the parental home and they are mid 20s (a culture thing), but i've heard of caucasian people also living with their parents.

If anyone asks why, just say it's expensive to rent out, or make a joke like you'll miss having your mum iron your underwear.

Shant

Male, 18-22. I'm planning to move out as soon as possible; even looking for a second job this summer. I hate living with them, and feel that moving out would not only be for the best for me, but for them as well. Psychologically for me. For them, physically; unless I get out fast, I'm likely to just lose it and have them end up with a fist in the face, or something. I'm not violent, but I've been holding back anger against them for the longest time and I'm just sick of it now.

But I am just afraid of moving out and living alone...
This is my other issue: I'm a bit afraid of that myself. I don't know the first thing about living independently. I'll have to figure it out, but dealing with that heightened fear isn't productive towards learning this kind of stuff very fast.