Do you still live with your parents?

Do you still live with your parents (or other guardians)?

• No, and I am male

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No, and I am female

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 18-22

Votes: 60 23.0%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 23-29

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between 30-40

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Yes, I'm male and my age is between +40

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 18-22

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 23-29

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between 30-40

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Yes, I'm female and my age is between +40

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Silentknight

Yup in in the male 18-22 range and I will probably will be staying with my mom for a few more years while I prepare to move to canada hopefully in 3-4 years.

Gallahad

I am 25 and still live with my mother. The both of us a currently living with other family members at the moment. Back when we had the apartment I used to pay $500 a month and she would pay the rest.

Reasons why I haven't moved: My mother and I neither make enough money to rent an apartment alone.

Danfalc

Banned
Nope was homeless as a teen. No shame with living with your folks though if you get on with them, or your working towards your goals or just working on getting yourself better.

I love having my own place, but it has it's down sides too.

bangdrum

26, female, and still live with my mother, in the same miserable apartment we've lived in for 21 years. ::(:::(:::(:

Why? 1. I have no job, so 2. I have no money to afford my own place (I also live in New York City, the most expensive place in the world), and 3. I don't have a boyfriend to move in with, or friends that I could room with, or any of that crap (ya know, being a social phobic avoidant recluse...) and no other relatives I could live with either.

If it helps, I only graduated law school last year and didn't get admitted to the Bar until two months ago...

Predacon

I live with my family but so do my other brothers and sister. It's more of money thing then anything else, I couldn't afford a place by myself.

JamesSmith

Yep, I'm 26 and still live with my parents. I've had trouble getting full-time work that is long term. I've been trying to get my own apartment for 2 or 3 years now.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Yep, I'm 26 and still live with my parents. I've had trouble getting full-time work that is long term. I've been trying to get my own apartment for 2 or 3 years now.

That's one of my main issues, but then - I also got complacent when I moved back... but now that I graduated no excuses other than money. I know I wont be moving out for minimum 6 months. That's being nice.

Noop

i have to live with my parents because its very easy for people like me to be homeless in london.

there are no homes/jobs for young poor londoners, they just put immigrants in the new homes and the jobs are given to school leavers. if you're over 25, you might as well kill yourself with booze and drugs.

Danfalc

Banned
i have to live with my parents because its very easy for people like me to be homeless in london.

there are no homes/jobs for young poor londoners, they just put immigrants in the new homes and the jobs are given to school leavers. if you're over 25, you might as well kill yourself with booze and drugs.

I have been homeless mate, though I don't see the issue about immigrants getting homes, as some of them are often fleeing violence, or are just as much of a citizen as us, or just trying to give their families a better quality of life. Though it is sad to see the government able to help some, while ignoring others.

We should be more mad at the government. They really do not
care about young men, and the sad fact is there is not enough housing built for us. I spent a year In a hostel, which is only meant to be used as emergency accommodation for a couple of months. Yet the council refused to find me anywhere as your considered to have a home, they do not recognise it as temporary. Yet when I became homeless they still did not help

The whole system is fubar, the hostel I stayed in charged the government like £500 a week per person for supposed support. It was In there best interest to keep as many people there as possible and not provide housing assistance. And that's exactly what they did, and they ruined some peoples lives.

Anyway wow, sorry rant over. But don't give up mate, there are organizations out there who will help if you do ever want to get a place. Also your better avoiding doing it through the government (we are not a priority to them), and contact a housing association, or even private land lords. It's how I got my place.

Noop

i don't know, i've lived in my flats all my life and everyone's gone. immigrants moved in everywhere with nice cars and 6 kids and they don't speak any english. i feel like an outsider in my own block and in the street sometimes.

system is rubbish and run by dick heads, my brother didn't get any help when he came out of prison and his dead.

people don't care, so i don't care.

women are crap too and uncaring.

i don't care so much tho, i'm just gonna muddle through. if i live or die here i don't mind, i'm just another number.

never mind:):)

Danfalc

Banned
Some people do definitely take advantage of the system and benefits for sure.

Sounds like you have had a rough time with life dude. I'm sorry about your brother

Ad I guess some women are uncaring, just like some guys are bastards. Try not to judge them all though, you seem like a nice guy and better than that. Plus tar them all and you might overlook someone really special one day.

Anyway I preached at you enough, if you ever want to talk more pm me dude.

Noop

thank god my dad's mentally ill, otherwise we'd be out. i'm getting ill too, and there's no way i'm telling anyone just in case. it's best to say nothing to people.

its not that bad, it happened when i was young and i stopped caring years ago :)

imho, there are no special girls.

thanks anyways, matey ;)

Section_31

My wife and me both live in my dads basement. Shes still in school and i dont make enough to fully get us out. we biding our time, paying debts, saving, and were eventually going to be moving out. Were within 3 yrs of doing it. We had to make some lifestyle changes
though. I traded in my truck for somthing much more suiting to our financial situation, cut down a number of other unnecesary things, and now were slowly on the financial rise again. In my case, my dad has horrible money management skills, and i got bad habits from him. Thankfully ive learned the error of my ways.

One thing i notice over here is the cost of housing has just skyrocketed compared to 10 yrs ago. Its alot harder for younger people to get a foot in than it was for most of our parents, if your planning to try to buy. Even rent is overpriced. I think, due to this. our generation is probably going to be seeing a shift in the mentality of multi-gen households and such. Weve already discussed and agreed on telling our kids to stay home as long as they want/ as long as possible, because we figure if this many in our era are having a rough time, our kids are going to have it much worse.

Bloir

I am 21 years old and i am female, i am still living with my parents but i dont see a problem in living with the parents. When i was younger i wanted to go to my own space but i have learnt if i want some good possibilities i must be here for a long time. My parents are happy living with me and i feel cared. By the moment, it is not a drama

MoniqueNS

Banned
Yes, I do because I can't afford to live anywhere else because I'm unemployed. And I just need their emotional and financial support as I try and recover from all this. I do look forward to the idea of having my own place one day! But I'm content being here for now.

deadlynurse

Yes. I'm in my mid 20's and I live with my mom. I'll eventually move out once they give my husband comes to the US. Can't wait.

Kinetik

I moved out when I was 18, and it was straight off to a campus in the US. I had a brief stint where I was back home and living with my dad for nearly a year when I was 23, but I found that really quite difficult. Since then I've lived away from home continuously.

Foxie913

I'm in my late 30's and still live with my parents.
It's embarrassing and makes me feel like a complete loser.