• Yep

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • nope never

Votes: 145 72.1%
  • used to, but quit

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

iamthenra

I watched my father die of emphysema and I have chronic asthma... Lung disease is NO way to die... It's a prolonged misery and suffering where you feel like you are drowning each and every day, where simple tasks like standing up or just walking a few feet takes your breath away... Try this for a few years, until your lungs cannot rid your body of carbon dioxide and your heart quits working all the while you are aware that you are dieing and nothing can be done about it. I have watched this first hand.... It's no fun for anyone who cares about you... My dad smoked 3 packs a day for 30+ years.... I couldn't smoke if I wanted to... One cigarette would send me to the hospital with asthma...

Last edited:

lunarla

I watched my father die of emphysema and I have chronic asthma... Lung disease is NO way to die... It's a prolonged misery and suffering where you feel like you are drowning each and every day, where simple tasks like standing up or just walking a few feet takes your breath away... Try this for a few years, until your lungs cannot rid your body of carbon dioxide and your heart quits working all the while you are aware that you are dieing and nothing can be done about it. I have watched this first hand.... It's no fun for anyone who cares about you... My dad smoked 3 packs a day for 30+ years.... I couldn't smoke if I wanted to... One cigarette would send me to the hospital with asthma...

My Uncle who I've been very close to all my life had this and died this October. It was really hard, I never believed he actually would die even though my parents would say he didn't have very long. He was only 57. I barely even knew what was completely wrong with him, just that he was sick and seemed far older than he actually was. He'd been hooked up to oxygen, and was very weak - barely being able to stand up. I miss him a lot and he probably had the best sense of humor of anyone I'd ever known.

spendogz

Smoking sucks. It killed my father also. He died of meningitis after fighting cancer for 5 years. Which destroyed his immune system. When he got the meningitis it went straight into his brain and he had no chance.

I used to smoke a pak a day for 25 years. Soon after my dad passed away I tried that stuff chantix and quit after 3 days. If any of you want to quit you should try it. It really helped me.

iamthenra

My Uncle who I've been very close to all my life had this and died this October. It was really hard, I never believed he actually would die even though my parents would say he didn't have very long. He was only 57. I barely even knew what was completely wrong with him, just that he was sick and seemed far older than he actually was. He'd been hooked up to oxygen, and was very weak - barely being able to stand up. I miss him a lot and he probably had the best sense of humor of anyone I'd ever known.

I am sorry for your loss Lunarla... I know first hand how much it hurts to loose a loved one. My dad was only 62.. The picture of him below was taken 3 months before he passed away. He was laying on the floor 3 feet to the left of where he is sitting in the picture, with his head resting on his forearm... I picked him off the floor and put him in the bed you see in the background. He died much too soon, and I miss him allot...

4374695020_3b3abdb151.jpg

itay

I smoke cigars, cause like you can imagine they are big and expensive and log lasting, i daily smoke (especially between work hours) the little cigars. I love cuban cigars the most, you somebody is corius and would like to taste someting i can provide full advice on all the best brands you can find.
I never smoked ciggarettes, at least not in the proper way, cause i tried some when i just started cigars and i smoked them like if they were cigars, so i didn't inhale the smoke

xsapx

Never, i would never sacrifice my health in such a way. Though i am a second hand smoker. My uncle smoke a lot and when i was younger, i hang around him. Also i lived in an apartment with about 12 guys and about 7 of them smoke. So every night i had to sleep in a room full of smoke. That lasted for 2 months, it was horrible.

lunaticbinge

I smoked for a couple of years then just stopped. I guess I don't get addicted to stuff as it was very easy to quit.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I did smoke occasionnally in high school and after, then I stopped because I started to care about my health. I still buy light cigarettes or mini cigars in very stressful or depressing times but never been addicted.

xautumns_glare88x

I do now and then but i dont think im hard core addicted ive been smoking menthols on and off for years, i can quit cold turkey if i want but it helps sometimes when im stressed out. so yeah about a pack a week not too bad

EscapeArtist

Ewww. No. I would feel bad polluting this earth, and my body.
I have smoked a cig once though when I was 14. But I was pretty ****ed up on something I can't mention here. So I don't remember it very clearly. I remember it was on the way to school, and that it increased that state of **** up so much that I believe I fell over when I was walking to school. Wonder if anybody saw that..

awkwardamanda

No, I've never had that urge to try and fit in, which is why a lot of people start. I never hung out with any smokers during high school. Peer pressure was a non-issue for me. I was never in a situation where I had to resist giving in, not that I would have anyway. I had no interest in being cool or popular.

fitftw

I smoke like a chimney after many attempts to quit. It seems I quit easier/better in the spring/summer. It just feels 'right' to smoke during winter to me...

Daz

I smoke, yea.

I started smoking properly about 6-7 years ago, my first night out with my college mates. I bought a packet of cigarettes before i went out with them to practice (HaHa). I thought it would help me fit in with them, as the majority of them smoked. They were kinda surprised to see me smoking.

So yea, it carried on from there. I have tried to give up before, but i enjoy it too much. Before i was sacked from my job 2 weeks ago, i would only smoke at weekends. Makes it all the more enjoyable. You could say I'm just another binger. Alcohol, smoking cigarettes and food, all the good things in life.. haha.......

fitftw

we're all gonna die. As long as you enjoy it, you'll continue to do it. So really why does it matter if anyone smokes?