Votes: 52 25.9%
  • nope never

Votes: 145 72.1%
  • used to, but quit

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Kustamogen

Banned
Honestly though I think if you want to smoke you should without any flak, everybody knows the health risks, it's a choice.

if smoke didnt contaminate your surroundings and anyone in them then yes....they shouldnt get any flak.....but they do.....so unless someone smokes around no one else, then showers and changes clothes...or doesnt go around anyone else...then yah those ppl shouldnt get flak....

But I know of no one that does that who smokes....so...they deserve it

davidburke

In Ireland (and u.k not sure) smoking is banned in all public buildings. I think it should be everywhere its not fair that all the non smokers have to suffer too from second smoke

Noca

Banned
Honestly though I think if you want to smoke you should without any flak, everybody knows the health risks, it's a choice.

I don't choose to breathe in 2nd and 3rd hand toxic smoke willingly. I have to breathe it in cause some idiots choose to smoke.

Generical

Have always been pretty against them, probably from my mums experience, grandad smoked she got pneumonia....but yeh when i was a kid i remember being so curious that i picked them up off the street and took them home to light up in the toilet lol....eurgh, kinda wonder who the original owners were and how long they had been there..but anyway, on another note am also being pretty hypocritical as 'when in rome(amsterdam)' (or before that, friends house) it's a different story, different experience but same principle smoking for pleasure, i just don't really get whats pleasurable about tobacco...compared to the negatives at least.

Last edited:

Luke1993

if smoke didnt contaminate your surroundings and anyone in them then yes....they shouldnt get any flak.....but they do.....so unless someone smokes around no one else, then showers and changes clothes...or doesnt go around anyone else...then yah those ppl shouldnt get flak....

But I know of no one that does that who smokes....so...they deserve it

arguing was never my strong point so i guess you're right.

music10

Nah when you have asthma its not something I'm interested in trying. I find that the second hand smoke smells bad anyways. To be honest I don't know how people can stand it.

sw120589

Yea I do, usually a pack or two a week.It keeps me level headed,focused and I meet new people through smoking.It is like being part of a club.The bad side is smelling like smoke all the time and the disgusting cough I cannot get rid of. I know the health risks and it will probably end up killing me but honestly I could care less.Being on this site life is not of great value to me anyways lol.

AimeeSP

In Ireland (and u.k not sure) smoking is banned in all public buildings. I think it should be everywhere its not fair that all the non smokers have to suffer too from second smoke

Yeah it's in the UK too (thank god lol! - i swear all this second hand smoke has damaged my lungs already in my nearly 18 years on earth!). My dad was saying the other day that the government are talking about banning smoking in your own home, how can they do that? :confused:

Luke1993

Just like smoking weed is illegal in your home, it's illegal but people still do it lol. Government will never ban cigarettes completely it makes them too much money.

I smoked cigarettes when I went through my rebellious teenager phase. Funnily enough I quite when I turned 18.

People have a right to smoke - but people have a right to breathe. If I'm standing at a bus stop and someone's having a smoke - they should put it out. Their right to smoke is cancelled by your natural right to use your lungs. You can choose to not smoke, but you can't choose to stop breathing.

lyricalliaisons

People have a right to smoke - but people have a right to breathe. If I'm standing at a bus stop and someone's having a smoke - they should put it out. Their right to smoke is cancelled by your natural right to use your lungs. You can choose to not smoke, but you can't choose to stop breathing.

I completely agree with you. Once while waiting for the bus, this lady came up & started smoking. I started coughing & it got so bad that I gained the courage to ask her if she could stop. When I did, she got even closer to me & purposefully blew her smoke into my face, but certainly never put it out. It's yet another reason I don't like being around people. They're far too rude. I find that a lot of people who smoke have absolutely zero courtesy for those who don't.

jadedd

i started smoking at age 13 because it was the "cool" thing to do. theres nothing like having a smoke after getting high.

i quit when I was around 18 because it was just making me feel sick and nasty and gave me headaches. Now even just the smell of ciggarettes makes me ill and I couldn't imagine what would happen if I took a puff of one now.

Remus

Staff member
HAVE+A+FAG.bmp

They used to say smoking was good for you!

Deerhunter

lyricalliaisons said:
I completely agree with you. Once while waiting for the bus, this lady came up & started smoking. I started coughing & it got so bad that I gained the courage to ask her if she could stop. When I did, she got even closer to me & purposefully blew her smoke into my face, but certainly never put it out. It's yet another reason I don't like being around people. They're far too rude. I find that a lot of people who smoke have absolutely zero courtesy for those who don't.

How about the non-smokers who are always whining about second hand smoke just move away from the person that's smoking? If it's killing you that bad why not just walk away? The smoke isn't going to follow you. If you hated the smoke so much you would save your precocious air supply and get your feet moving. Asking that woman to put out her cigarette was rude, not the other way around.