• Yep

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • nope never

Votes: 145 72.1%
  • used to, but quit

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Deerhunter

Hey everybody, wanted to join this site for a while, finally got myself registered.So Ummm, I smoke a pack a day, I feel it really helps ease the social anxiety, I'm pretty much addicted.I made an attempt to quit last year but realized I was only trying because some of my family members talked me into it.Anyone else here smoke excessively?

acreepyperson

i dont smoke alot but always have a pack laying around. mostly Camel filters, Newports, and definitely Turkish Silvers which are delicious.

Perfidion

I used to smoke for a long time, mostly Indonesian kreteks (clove cigarettes), which, if you've never smoked one, are like smoking candy.

Kretek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gudang Garams and Djarums were both particular favourites. I quit after noticing I was becoming short of breath after exerting myself and, given that kreteks are significantly more expensive to purchase than conventional cigarettes, there was a cost factor involved also. I don't regret the decision to quit, although I do get the occasional craving whenever someone near me smokes a kretek. They just smell so damn nice.

recluse

I got through a stage where i would sometimes smoke mini cigars but i wised up. Smoking is disgusting and it's a waste of money anyway. Just think how much the average smoker spends per year on cigarettes/tobacco...I think that money could be used on something much more useful, and at the end of it all they'd still have healthy lungs, fresh breath and, whiter teeth and no nasty yellow stains on fingers.

Proud to be a non smoker!:)

pandamonium77

Yuck, smoking is gross
i've tried one clove puff or what ever they're called, and it tasted good but the thoughts of me becoming a regular smoker didn't allow the smoke to travel past my lips
So yea, thats my experience, and its never gonna happen again
they're gross ._.

Square_Eyes

I smoked for 6 years then, for unrelated reasons,developed an irrational fear of death at which point smoking made less and less sense to me. Naturally, I quit. I do miss it sometimes though. I used to use smoking as a kind of reward system. Going out for cigarettes would generally break up my day in to more managable chunks.

Juiceh

I do occasionally, I'll go through phases of smoking at least one cigarette a day to smoking maybe once every couple weeks. Every time I fully quit though, I have some huge problem with my anxiety and run right back to smoking. I definitely feel like it relieves some of my anxiety, at least for the moment. But I'd like to never smoke again...

rado31

i'm almost totally unable to smoke . my throat is sensitive.. not only that i cough, i also have some weird unpleasant feeling in it. Maybe is just some self-conciousness issue but i'm not able to stop it anyhow. In alt.support.autism i read some "scientific study" which says that one of the methods to distinguish shizophrenics from aspergers is that the first one like to smoke, while seconds dont .... Who says that , dumbface ? : ]

...Yeah, i would smoke even some other stuff, but sensitivity is stopping me

LostViking

I smoke about 7-10 a day. Not going to advocate that the health warnings are bullshit, but at some point I figured out that I'm way more scared of being 70 and in a retirement home than I am of dying a decade or two before.

As for anxiety, it does have a minor sedative effect. For me it's more about the 10 minutes I get in peace to organize my head while smoking though (I don't smoke inside the house). And no, I don't get that mental spring cleaning effect by just standing outside without a smoke for 10 minutes.

I_Walk_Alone

I smoke rollies, bit cheaper and taste better IMO.

Dont know why the **** anyone would want to keep smoking if they seriously thought they could quit. ****ing insane!