Do you like people that don`t like you ?

Bo592

Do you waste all your time and energy trying to show them somthing about you that they well like? If you went to a crowd of people that all like you would you focus on the one face that don`t like you ?​
I thank I am wasting to much of my life trying to make people who don`t like me like me. I should just accept who I am and not care of what others thank of me. I should stop worrying about what is popular and unpopular and move on with my life. I should love who I am unconditionally. Finding a relationship is not everything I can be happy and alone.

¯\(º_o)/¯

There are a couple of people that I like that dont like me back.
But for the most part I don't care if people like me or not. So if somebody in a group doesn't like me. Then so be it.

I have meet a few people tho that will try and get people who don't like them to like them

laure15

I used to be like this. When I was little, I tried to get the popular kids to like me but they never did. I felt inferior. When I was finally acknowledged by a popular kid, I was so happy. It's as if I gained self-worth when someone popular likes me. But now I'm older so I know better. I don't try to please everyone. But sometimes I forget and needed a little reminder.

Hated

I usually have a rather paranoid assumption that almost no one likes me, though of course I never actually know that for sure. However, I would never waste my time on energy on people who make it obvious they dislike me, I don't see the point? Putting all my energy into hopelessly proving myself to one person just doesn't seem worthwhile at all. I probably wouldn't be particularly fond of them either, and prefer just to ignore the person. I don't like confrontation in general, I instead prefer the avoidance route. I'd do the same in this sort of situation.

cobalt_bluester

Hi. I can TOTALLY relate to this. I have wasted too much time and effort in the past trying to get people who didn't like me to like me, but it's a wasted effort! I think if I was more accepting of who I am, I would stop doing this period.

No. Maybe it's just my attitude but if I know somebody don't like me then I automatically don't like them either. I'm probably weird.

Absolutely not. When I was about 12, I sort of wanted to be friends with the guys that bullied me to show them I'm cool. Right now if someone doesn't like me, I will not bother with them.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I usually have a rather paranoid assumption that almost no one likes me, though of course I never actually know that for sure. However, I would never waste my time on energy on people who make it obvious they dislike me, I don't see the point? Putting all my energy into hopelessly proving myself to one person just doesn't seem worthwhile at all. I probably wouldn't be particularly fond of them either, and prefer just to ignore the person. I don't like confrontation in general, I instead prefer the avoidance route. I'd do the same in this sort of situation.

I'm exactly the same...

No. Maybe it's just my attitude but if I know somebody don't like me then I automatically don't like them either. I'm probably weird.

I tend to dislike people who obviously dislike me as well, but I think it's normal. I mean who would like someone who makes it obvious that they dislike you? ...

FriendlyShadow

To answer this, I don't like people who dislike me yet they still act like they want to be my friend. When I was little, I had those kids at school baby me like I wasn't capable of doing some things I could do and kids who would have a domineering attitude towards me, they've made me cry, yet they still act as if their my friend. I can never escape from these people! People who I've met or am related to have a problem with who I am and try to change me, try to emotionally pull manipulative games, and are very non understanding. I guess I was meant to suffer after all. I just want my solitude.

jaim38

Absolutely not. When I was about 12, I sort of wanted to be friends with the guys that bullied me to show them I'm cool. Right now if someone doesn't like me, I will not bother with them.

Me too. Back in the old days, I was pretty much unpopular, but I had a desire to be popular and well-liked. I dreamt about impressing the cool kids in class and showing them that I can also be cool. I daydream about being so smart and pretty that even the cool kids look up to me, but of course in real life that never happened.

I have also encountered strangers in public who don't like me. Sometimes a guy mistakes me for liking him because of my awkwardness. I want to tell the guy I don't like him at all, but that would be rude and gain me more enemies.

LoyalXenite

I am the same, whatever i felt before finding out they dont like me is gone and replaced with deep dislike.

JuiceB

As screwed up as my life may be I have never become so dependent to the point where I'd try to befriend someone who I know hates me.

Capsaicin

Between them liking you and not liking you, what changes in a social setting or your life? What do you worry changes?

jaim38

Between them liking you and not liking you, what changes in a social setting or your life? What do you worry changes?

I don't want popular people to dislike me because then they pit other people against me so I end up being unliked by everybody, which has happened before. Imagine being isolated by everyone in class just because some popular kids decide to make your life h*ll. I'm probably a coward for saying this, but I would rather be invisible than be visible and stand out like a star.

MikeyC

Ha, I have. Still do. :giggle:

No-one here says nice things to me ever, and if they did, I wouldn't believe them anyway. I guess I take this attitude everywhere ... negative re-enforcement is all I think I deserve. >.<
This is more of an attitude thing, as you mentioned, than a social thing. Are you saying that you've never, ever gotten a compliment? I reckon you have but you are unable to accept the compliment, since you constantly believe that only the negative matters.