do you have a 'life'?

MrJones

If someone says they don't, I would like to know, since I'm really interested in zombies and why they visit online forums rather than go outside and kill humans as they do in movies.

Honestly, I don't think I have a life. I wake up, go to work, come home and get ready to do it all over again. I feel like I am just going through the motions. I have no friends outside of my relationship. I feel like I am wasting my life and feel totally lost on what my purpose in life is. Does anyone else feel this way?

Ashiene

If someone says they don't, I would like to know, since I'm really interested in zombies and why they visit online forums rather than go outside and kill humans as they do in movies.

Zombies these days have embraced technology too. They no longer go out and hunt on a whim. What zombies do now is look for a potential victim on online forums, arrange for a meet-up then eat their brain.

Ashiene

Honestly, I don't think I have a life. I wake up, go to work, come home and get ready to do it all over again. I feel like I am just going through the motions. I have no friends outside of my relationship. I feel like I am wasting my life and feel totally lost on what my purpose in life is. Does anyone else feel this way?

Yes. It is like the animal's life. Like the goldfish who sits in the fish tank all day eating and sleeping and swimming only.

razzle dazzle rose

Sometimes I'm in that "having a life" mode then I start being productive for 3 days that I'm able to cook a decent meal, continue reading a book that I haven't finished for some weeks, study (for real), start doing a music video, etc. and then bam! suddenly I'll feel stressed out with being organized and I'll end up going back to my lazy routine and stopping my personal project. My only real personal accomplishment is the completion of our family tree (from my great grandparents to present).

I go through that same cycle myself. I will feel pretty upbeat and pumped up and confident, and ima do x and x and x and everything will be okay. But then, just like that, I don't feel like doing a damn thing. Unfortunately I don't get much done during my "ups."
That family tree sounds pretty neat! I used to be obsessed with wanting to do one.

You will get to things when you can. You're fantastic and I know you'll get through things.

I really hope so. Thanks, Mikey. You are always so nice to me :) (today I woke up with a smile because I got something in the mail!)

mikebird

Banned

Sarah, I am yearning for that life back! Don't ever let it go!! Maybe some people have a job they don't like. I can understand, possibly, but I have adored every day I have ever worked and earned a living, from selling artists' painting portfolios, door-to-door as a student, Domino Pizza delivery by moped, a a student, and loved everything ever since. It would never come close to wanting to quit. People just fire me, and I'm not technically lacking at all. I scientifically embrace problems, fix them, coming up with solutions, as an engineer, but the longer I spend time redundant, the further I dig into a trench of poor employment history. The social incabability is why I get fired but can't understand it. Want someone to decorate your house? You get someone to do it, and pay them. I get it all done, in Data Management. But if the client doesn't know what colour to put on the walls, they might not like it. Or if the painter did something socially unacceptable (never speaking) or having an affair with the client's daughter..? They's dismiss the painter? I never did anything like that

I knew this would happen, right from my first time I ever got fired. Somehow I knew - there was a crazy factor - the job was being done. Client decided to get rid of me. Nobody tells me why. That's the hardest part!

From job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job, job-to-job,...

Life is always perfect with routine - back to the grind - up early, home late. I've learned the paradise, and never want to lose it. I'd do anything to have that back. Hermit, monkish life wears you down into a spiral.

Apart from something voluntary... I'll do anything to resume a life cycle.
Avoiding a boss' sexual favours.

Anyone say what your job is, in verbose detail?

I have a 10yr old daughter & if I didn't have her idk if I would even still be living.She is my life completely,I mean I go to work at a place that has made my SA get out of hand at times but since it pays well enough for me to provide for her,I force myself to do whatever or deal w/whatever in order to keep it.When I'm not working I'm w/her,like rite by her side & doing whatever she wants to do.When she is away(like at school or w/her dad on the wk ends),I'm left being alone stuck inside w/nothing to do but the same old boring stuff that I do everyday just to pass the time till she is hm again.No friends or family leave near me since I moved to SJ fr Fresno 10yrs ago for her dad & when I left him 4yrs ago,all the ppl I knew were through him & so any semi friends I had faded away.Having SA has made trying to make friends & keep them so frustrating that I've cried over it.Worse is that ppl look at me & assume that I must have an amazing life.They can't understand how a girl who looks like me & who is fun to hang around with(once I knw someone I tend to come out of my shell),doesn't go out or have tons of friends calling/texting/hanging out w/me & that its more of the opposite of all that for me.I do have a bf but he works alot & even tho he helps me out alot,I see us fading & not lasting since I see him more as a bff instead of a bf.Idk I guess I wish I knew how to make friends,talk to ppl instead of being so shy that I bearly speak.I really wish I could make ppl see me,the real me thats trying to shine bright but sadly its right there underneath my sucky a** SA!So to answer the question at hand,NO I DO NOT HAVE A LIFE!At least not a life I feel is me living.

papermache

I have a full time job that requires a moderate amount of social interaction. I have people that I hang out with, but not a "group" per say. I hang out with people in short spurts and then stop.

I try to be out and about, but I always feel like I'm doing it in a bubble. Like even when I'm with a lot of people I'm not quite connecting (and afraid to), so having a "life" is tough, because it feels like pretend most of the time.

Does that make sense?:rolleyes:

Niiña

I'm not happy about my life, is very monotonous, all days are the same boring thing school, house. But the worst is my little volition, I do nothing for change my routine.

When I go to school always I'm thinking please vacations come on: enter in my life!. But when at last I have vacations I'm boring all day. I don't know what for I want vacations if when I have free days I do nothing.

starburst

My life is pretty boring. I don't work so I lack this in my routine. Most days are the same for me. I get up, feed my cat, eat, clean, I have dinner prepared by the time hubby comes home. I do try to fill in my days by reading, doing crafty things, surfing the Internet, watching films, playing word games...sometimes I'm so bored I could just cry thinking about it because it feels so pathetic. I just want to be more productive and be rewarded for my efforts. But the anxiety oh it loves to hold me back.

A few years ago I had friends to hang out with and an interesting enough social life, but things have changed and now I have zero friends. There are acquaintances but it's not the same.

Truth be told, I hate leaving the house. If I could remain a hermit forever, I would. But I force myself these days to go out by myself, even if it's for a short time once a week. If I didn't do this I just know I'll remain in this hellish cycle forever. I want more out of life!

Agent_Violet

i love the way i live. by the standards of the typical busybodies of the world I have no life since I'm not out with friends,going dancing,going to bars,etc...but by my own standards,I have an awesome life:)
i work, i come home to my dog and do pretty much whatever i want with my night.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm not sure, I mean I have a "life" as I am not dead, but I feel like I could be doing more with it. I don't exactly know what constitutes having a life really though, is it going out and doing stuff with people everyday, having a worthwhile job, educating yourself, learning new skills, gaining new experiences?

I don't have much of a "social life," but I don't want that much of one really. I'd like to have a few people to be around but I really don't want to be with people all the time always. I could have some more hobbies and try to spend my time doing more things noteworthy, experience life a little more. Right now I don't have much of a life I guess but it's not completely "lifeless" either. Hopefully more life to come though!

squidgee

A social life? No not really.

Like vj288 above me said, I would like to have a few friends around that I can talk and meet regularly but don't really want to be in big groups of people and constantly socialize all the time.

Right now life basically consists of eating, sleeping, school and a whole load of procrastination.