do you have a 'life'?

chibiXphantom

i have no life. dont really go anywhere, do anything, or talk to anyone. no friends except online, no job..
i just sit at home, looking for jobs, internet surfing, and watch tv.
i do hang out with my boyfriend. but thats it

How_slow_the_Wind

Nope. Well, at least not by contemporary Australian standards. Only few friends that I see momentarily throughout the year. Haven't been able to make new friends in all the new oppurtunities that you are supposed too as a young adult. This includes 3 years at uni, and all the jobs I've had. Mostly unemployed, or if not, then emplyed in a minimum wage fast food jobs. Unnatractive. No fashion sense. No personality. No life experience. etc,etc.

Sometimes you go through periods where its unbearable how behind you are with the rest of society. Thankfully, I'm in one of those periods where I don't give a crap. Afterall, 60% of the world population lives in absolute poverty. Even the 'losers' of Western capitalistic societies enjoy a hogher standard of living in comparison to the rest of the world. You realise all the societal expecatations are sort of fabricated, and is nor exactly 'normal' human behaviour.Eh, c'est la vie.

Gaucho

Nope. Well, at least not by contemporary Australian standards. Only few friends that I see momentarily throughout the year. Haven't been able to make new friends in all the new oppurtunities that you are supposed too as a young adult. This includes 3 years at uni, and all the jobs I've had. Mostly unemployed, or if not, then emplyed in a minimum wage fast food jobs. Unnatractive. No fashion sense. No personality. No life experience. etc,etc.

Sometimes you go through periods where its unbearable how behind you are with the rest of society. Thankfully, I'm in one of those periods where I don't give a crap. Afterall, 60% of the world population lives in absolute poverty. Even the 'losers' of Western capitalistic societies enjoy a hogher standard of living in comparison to the rest of the world. You realise all the societal expecatations are sort of fabricated, and is nor exactly 'normal' human behaviour.Eh, c'est la vie.

haha, i love you last sentence, thats what i always said to myself no so much time ago everyday. c'est la vie.

simpsons2007

Personally (even though I don't feel like I do most of the time) I think that all of us and everyone else in the world dose have a life. It my not be how we imagined life to be or where we would like it to be in life, but we do have one. If we didn't we would not be here now.

ありがとう

Not really, I definitely don't have a social life. I spend most of my days inside my house and not by choice too! Everyday my days goes more or less the same: job hunting on the internet, watching movies, browsing online stores, writing e-mails to friends, sleeping......... -_______-''' bah. I need to move out!

MrSunday

ありがとう;613552 said:
Not really, I definitely don't have a social life. I spend most of my days inside my house and not by choice too! Everyday my days goes more or less the same: job hunting on the internet, watching movies, browsing online stores, writing e-mails to friends, sleeping......... -_______-''' bah. I need to move out!

This sounded like me when I was unemployed. I remember staying awake all night. I could not go to sleep. I was so worried about the future. Horrible experience. I hope I do not have to go through this again. It made me sick.

Last edited:

lithiumflower

All I do is go to work and then come home and lose myself online. Whenever I'm at work though, all I can think about is just coming back home.

w*n*c*a*m

I'm too lazy to have a life.

But when I do, my 'life' will base on my standards and not what society dictates as 'real life'.

In rare occasions when I feel energized, I can say that I had a taste of 'life'.

It's when:

I wake up in the morning with all the plans for the day neatly organized in my Evernote account.

Then I'll prepare a delicious breakfast like veggie omelet, toasts, fruits with cream, and black coffee...

do my laundry, clean my room, do daily hygiene, apply lipstick and blush

prepare for studies early, pack a healthy snack or sandwich,

go to university and listen to lectures attentively and my notes written well

go home, eat a healthy dinner, wash my face, apply moisturiser, surf the internet and play games, read a good book, have a nice chat with my bf and sleep on time.

That's a typical day for a person and may not pass as real life. But that's real life for me because I don't crave for outdoors or social life. What I want is to have an organized, harmonious, relaxed, and intellectual life.

I want to focus on cooking good meals, reading plenty of books, playing games moderately, eating delicious and healthy meals, maintaining good relationship with my bf, maybe planting sunflowers or fly-trap if I have more time, taking pictures of food and sceneries, buying nice clothes if i have money etc.

But unfortunately, I don't have the motivation yet. So my usual day is:

waking up and surfing the net until i'm really hungry (about 12pm), eat some canned tuna or noodles, do my hygiene, pack some biscuits, go to university in a hurry, buy fish n chips for lunch, attend lectures without really being attentive, go home, eat fried eggs and rice, talk to my bf, surf the internet up to 3 am or until i'm sleepy.... then the following day, either I'll wake up late if I have no work or class or I'll wake up early feeling so drowsy. I have no life.

I need motivation. ugh.

razzle dazzle rose

There is so much more I want to do.

I spend most all my time distracting myself (TOO MANY SCREENS!) so I won't have to deal with those "big things" (that would probably make my life more interesting...)

Today is Memorial Day, a holiday here in the US. And people get together and stuff, for barbeques, picnics, a day at the beach. I'd really want to do all those things. Yet, I have spent the majority of the day watching tv, eating ice cream, and now I am online. It makes me wonder if I will always be this way, cooped up in a room. I surely hope not!

razzle dazzle rose

I want to focus on cooking good meals, reading plenty of books, playing games moderately, eating delicious and healthy meals, maintaining good relationship with my bf, maybe planting sunflowers or fly-trap if I have more time, taking pictures of food and sceneries, buying nice clothes if i have money etc.

That sounds really nice! (only, I don't play video games. My boyfriend does. And he needs to play less!) I do enjoy the little cooking I do and would like to try new recipes. I mostly enjoy baking, but I need to keep my binging on check.

My sister says to set little daily goals and to set a routine. I do go to bed too late/wake up late. Maybe if i set some sort of schedule for myself (and stick to it!) I could get around to doing those "big things" and also start new projects/hobbies. I always say Yes, Yes, but don't get anything done. Ah, I need a new brain.

w*n*c*a*m

That sounds really nice! (only, I don't play video games. My boyfriend does. And he needs to play less!) I do enjoy the little cooking I do and would like to try new recipes. I mostly enjoy baking, but I need to keep my binging on check.

My sister says to set little daily goals and to set a routine. I do go to bed too late/wake up late. Maybe if i set some sort of schedule for myself (and stick to it!) I could get around to doing those "big things" and also start new projects/hobbies. I always say Yes, Yes, but don't get anything done. Ah, I need a new brain.

I can truly relate. Sometimes I'm in that "having a life" mode then I start being productive for 3 days that I'm able to cook a decent meal, continue reading a book that I haven't finished for some weeks, study (for real), start doing a music video, etc. and then bam! suddenly I'll feel stressed out with being organized and I'll end up going back to my lazy routine and stopping my personal project. My only real personal accomplishment is the completion of our family tree (from my great grandparents to present).

MikeyC

There is so much more I want to do.

I spend most all my time distracting myself (TOO MANY SCREENS!) so I won't have to deal with those "big things" (that would probably make my life more interesting...)

Today is Memorial Day, a holiday here in the US. And people get together and stuff, for barbeques, picnics, a day at the beach. I'd really want to do all those things. Yet, I have spent the majority of the day watching tv, eating ice cream, and now I am online. It makes me wonder if I will always be this way, cooped up in a room. I surely hope not!
You will get to things when you can. You're fantastic and I know you'll get through things.

cekicgu

im quickly becoming a total hermit guys.these days i dont even see the point in talking to my neighbors unless its something important.i dont even know how you maintained a relationship with a woman fiftw with this disorder.i rarely want to do anything but surf the net, run, and play videogames.you guys content with this sort of life?im not really but seem unable to change.

of course you can change it.if a person cant change his/her life,s/he can never change anything.but first you should want this change.

personally ı think that you are constantly putting off living the life maybe because of the fear of facing it.

I don't know what is the rule to have a 'life', I mean, I'm different and would sure not fit in to the other ''lives'' if comes to socializing and stuff. So I guess nop, If that's the rule. But I make my own rules today. I'm not gonna be patheticly depressed about it, all though I can be that at times, but my therapist tells me to accept it, no matter how much it hurts. ::(:

Meggy0001

If I am not in school I am in my house all day doing nothing :( and bored out of my mind so yeah I have no social life and would like to change that :/

If I am not in school I am in my house all day doing nothing :( and bored out of my mind so yeah I have no social life and would like to change that :/

It's great that you wanna change it. I used to be like you, I have been in the house for four years and NOW i'm in school. (literally) . I don't know the magic ingredient, but I changed by the years, from severely panicing over things and stressed to a stronger person that can actually SIT in a classroom. :) So I bet you will learn too. You can always PM me, If you need more suggestions , and how I dealt with a lifestyle like that :)

X hugs

It's great that you wanna change it that's the first step. The will is strong. I used to be like you, I have been in the house for four years and NOW i'm in school. (literally) . I don't know the magic ingredient, but I changed by the years, from severely panicing over things and stressed to a stronger person that can actually SIT in a classroom. :) So I bet you will learn too. You can always PM me, If you need more suggestions , and how I dealt with a lifestyle like that :)

X hugs