Do you ever feel like people think you're weird?

SmileMore

It sometimes feels like people aren't really that bothered about me. Like, if i'm at work and there's me and 2 other co-workers having a conversation, it feels like they'd rather i not join in or look at me funny. I don't know if it's SA or something else but when i'm talking to people at work it feels like they're secretly thinking "she's weird" or whatever. I swear they all hate me.

MikeyC

From what I know of you, you have a perilously negative opinion of yourself, so it could very well be that you are imagining these things, when in actual fact it's not true at all.

"I swear they all hate me." That's what you've decided to think. Maybe they all like you, but your own hatred is clouding that.

To answer your question, though: yes, I do think people think I'm weird, but I'm mostly known as nice and approachable, which I can live with. :)

sahxox

I dunno but this is what I think I've worked out...
I don't talk unless necessary, except for the rare occasion, for one of two reasons;
- I am scared
- I can't be bothered trying - happy with my own company, atleast it's what I tell myself.

When I do talk, I think people might think I'm odd, in the sense most are less inhibited because they are not battling social anxiety. I discount any positive interactions and live on exhaggerating any weaknesses. Basically, I say things without much meaning/confidence, because I think I can't properly. Before I posted on another thread that there was a time where I began to live normally, without this anxiety. When I am my true self, I don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, which ironically is normally approval. You get what you want as soon as you stop needing it. Social phobia likes to tell me everyone hates me and is watching my every single move. What I forget is that maybe they have a quiet respect for me. I tend to have a helpful nature and am always packing for people at work; now they start doing the same back, often at the expense of someone else :p On another topic, being a female gives me a slight advantage over boys my age. I don't even realise this, sp telling me I'm inferior, but they come to me for help now I think about it. Again, my sp will discount any positives if it can so this doesn't matter, nothing does. It'll make me feel like an apathetic loser and if this is the state of mind when I'm talking, it's meaningless and 'different' to the average Jo Bloggs. :/ I want understanding, to get off this rollercoaster. Perhaps that's why my threads are always so long and feel a bit like me me me. But then again I never know OP from a bar of soap, and maybe something I write could be related to something someone else has encountered and we could learn from eachother.

Anxy

I am weird, so are my friends. But about the other people, yeah, they're talking about how weird I am in not-so-nice way, I'm sure. And no, I'm NOT imagining things. I heard bad things about myself (as probably did everyone), and they were talking about me... next to me.

theoutsider

It sometimes feels like people aren't really that bothered about me. Like, if i'm at work and there's me and 2 other co-workers having a conversation, it feels like they'd rather i not join in or look at me funny. I don't know if it's SA or something else but when i'm talking to people at work it feels like they're secretly thinking "she's weird" or whatever. I swear they all hate me.

I feel like this all the time. I've gotten to the point where I can pretty much tell the moment they've decided I'm weird. The fact is, I've come to accept that I come off as weird. I try my best to be respectful to people and I don't talk behind anyone's back. At work, I do what I'm supposed to do so that's all I can do about the situation.

Zackarydoo

I know I'm weird. Well maybe "different" is better word, but others would call it weird. I know I have some really awesome qualities, making me different, but to others I'm a weirdo.

I did once tell my dentist I was a weirdo in a funny way during a light-hearted chat, and both the dentist and assistant were really taken back by it and said, "You're not weird!". I was very touched by that.

laure15

I'm weird too. We should all embrace our weirdness. It's not about getting people to like you. It's about being a good person and getting respect for who you are. People might not like you but they might come to respect you as a person.

Odo

Banned
Mostly I think that people think I'm boring or creepy or insecure. I am actually insecure, but I don't think I'm boring... not sure about creepy I think it's relative.

The only people who think I'm weird are people who have small minds and live in very very small worlds. It doesn't really upset me unless I'm in a situation where I'm surrounded by a lot of people who are the same way.

dottie

quotes-1428.jpg

anomicdeer

I am the same way. When I don't say something I think that people are talking about me when I am far away or leave the room. If I do say something people look at me as if they are wondering why I am saying something. Or they seem to not understand what I talking about, or care.

Rarely if I say something that people don't seem to be bothered. I think that is only because it's only for a few seconds and I'm occupied with thing else or we aren't around each other ( as in we walk out the room or something like that)