Do you ever feel like people think you're weird?

anomicdeer

Mostly I think that people think I'm boring or creepy or insecure. I am actually insecure, but I don't think I'm boring... not sure about creepy I think it's relative.

The only people who think I'm weird are people who have small minds and live in very very small worlds. It doesn't really upset me unless I'm in a situation where I'm surrounded by a lot of people who are the same way.

I agree. I didn't want to say it at first but I do believe that the close minded ones are the ones that we see this in. It's most likely not us. Because of our anxieties we think too much and try to think of everything wrong with us that would make them act that way. Sometimes I think that people think I'm creepy or weird but I think it's just that they are assuming things just like I am. They just do it a different way.

SmileMore

At work today i was talking to someone and she asked if i had a boyfriend. I said i didn't and she asked me why because i'm "so beautiful". I actually felt really touched and a bit choked up. It's not that i believe i'm beautiful now, it was just realising that maybe some people do sometimes see me in a different way to what i always assume.

tonicobastos

I've been called autistic by different people on different occasions. Makes me wonder just how many people think there's something wrong with me.
I clearly remember one of them saying: "That guy is kinda autistic, he's always alone".
I am always alone and I think most people notice. Some users have said that we shouldn't care about what others think but it is really annoying to be "that loner".

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

I dunno but this is what I think I've worked out...
I don't talk unless necessary, except for the rare occasion, for one of two reasons;
- I am scared
- I can't be bothered trying - happy with my own company, atleast it's what I tell myself.

When I do talk, I think people might think I'm odd, in the sense most are less inhibited because they are not battling social anxiety. I discount any positive interactions and live on exhaggerating any weaknesses. Basically, I say things without much meaning/confidence, because I think I can't properly. Before I posted on another thread that there was a time where I began to live normally, without this anxiety. When I am my true self, I don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, which ironically is normally approval. You get what you want as soon as you stop needing it. Social phobia likes to tell me everyone hates me and is watching my every single move. What I forget is that maybe they have a quiet respect for me. I tend to have a helpful nature and am always packing for people at work; now they start doing the same back, often at the expense of someone else :p On another topic, being a female gives me a slight advantage over boys my age. I don't even realise this, sp telling me I'm inferior, but they come to me for help now I think about it. Again, my sp will discount any positives if it can so this doesn't matter, nothing does. It'll make me feel like an apathetic loser and if this is the state of mind when I'm talking, it's meaningless and 'different' to the average Jo Bloggs. :/ I want understanding, to get off this rollercoaster. Perhaps that's why my threads are always so long and feel a bit like me me me. But then again I never know OP from a bar of soap, and maybe something I write could be related to something someone else has encountered and we could learn from eachother.

This post was a good read.

Kiwong

A person at work told me straight out "You're weird." That was right after I'd told everyone in the office I have a mental illness.