• none

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Oh no another poll!

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanscho

Without God, or a creating / controlling force behind it there cannot be order...
Example: Planet Jupiter. The gases it consists of are ordered by density. That's not chaos. It rotates in a specific distance around the sun. No chaos there either. Ice takes an ordered crystallized form at 0°C. I don't see how God is required for order, and there should only be chaos without him. English ain't my first language, so maybe that is the reason that I don't get why there is chaos without God but order with a God. It makes no sense to me.

God could of course create randomness but why? Just to mess with our heads?
If an omniscient omnipotent god would exist, it would be so vastly different from anything we could imagine, that it would be impossible for us to find out any intentions or reasons for his actions. So pondering about a "why does/did God ..." doesn't make much sense in my opinion (aside from me being an atheist). And for the same reason, I always have to frown when I hear about people saying that they know what God wants.

I imagine that life is probably an illusion or a dream, and that "reality" might start when my physical body dies and I enter a spirit life beyond death.

It seems to me that it is the purpose of your belief, that what we perceive is an illusion, to enable you to more easily believe in some sort of afterlife, to take away your fear of death, and the, to some people horrifying, thought, that our existence is limited.

Last edited:

DRAGON

where there is nothing to believe, there is nothing to doubt either.

faith in god? or a belief in god? o_O?

laure15

I believe in both. Science has brought lots of advances and improvements in standards of living, but I don't believe it's absolutely correct about everything. I believe God is all loving, but not sure if God is completely omnipotent or omniscient. Also not sure if God is perfect either.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
This thread was created by a troll (now banned). The 'God vs Science' question was worded specifically to attempt to stir up as much poop as possible.

Ugh.

MotherWolff

Banned
I want to believe that there is a higher power that watches over me every day and night. But now, as a young adult, I am struggling with that belief. When I was a child and teenager, I was forced to believe in God because my parents did too. But now that I have more free will, I just wonder about that every day and night. Its quite scary really.....

LeDiskoLove99

I definitely believe in both.

Well, you can't really BELIEVE in science, but you get my point.

Last edited:

Scandic123

I'm a 100% follower of science, and I'm going to leave the church when I grow older. Although Buddhism really fascinates me and I don't refuse the possibility of reincarnation being real.

AGR

I am sorry,but if God exists he isnt that good to not say other stuff,how come bad people are so much better off than good people,if he sees this and does nothing I dont think anybody should give him any respect at all,and before someone comes saying something,I am not talking about me at all,but I see this everyday.

Flanscho

I'm a 100% follower of science, and I'm going to leave the church when I grow older. Although Buddhism really fascinates me and I don't refuse the possibility of reincarnation being real.

Buddhism is very misognystic though. Well, most religions are, but people often tend to ignore that regarding Buddhism.

hippiechild

In this moment I am euphoric, not because of some phony bologna boogie man in the sky, but because I am inlightined by my own an brains through the absolute truth that is an science.

Odo

Banned
Buddhism is very misognystic though. Well, most religions are, but people often tend to ignore that regarding Buddhism.

Why would you say that? As far as I can tell Buddhism is the least misogynistic religion you could possibly choose... because pretty much anyone can be enlightened if they really try.

I can't really say what I believe, because I don't actually know anything... people who think they know absolute truths are con artists.

warcraft

The good thing about science is that it's not based on beliefs, but facts.

You do realize science laws are not facts, they are actually theories based on empirical evidence at a given time or purely theoretical but are not absolute.

For an example, none of newtons laws are proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.