Do any of you have no friends?

Scira

Or have you ever been through a period where you didn't have any?
For me I don't think I have been to the home or out in public with a non-relative in about 8 years, since I was in Jr. High school.
I have had school friends since then, good ones in high school, but not so much in college. It's been a lot harder since I have never held a real job, no money to go out and do things, or be up to date on any new technology or gadgets or games.
I want to go out and meet people my age, but I just don't have the will to strike up a conversation with people I don't know. I've also tried sites like meetup but the nearest group that has anything with my interests or even my age group is over a 1 1/2 hours drive. Sometimes I feel like faking a religious faith just so I have a group I am accepted into.
At least I am close with my two old brothers and my sister-in-law, I know some people don't have that.

I have no friends whatsoever. I used to think I was happy this way, then I considered my habit of listening to YouTube videos just to hear people's voices and hugging my pillow in replacement of human contact.

;_; Head>desk

Yes. For most of grade to mid high.
Now have a few really good friends. That's okay by me.

This may cause some feedback. I find religion seperates. Still believe in something one must.

To fake a religious faith. Never have seen, never have done. Hoping you do not have to. Good luck.

Luke1993

Well a bit longer than a period...my whole life! lol but I still have time and I hope to get some friends at some point in my life. That's a very interesting idea regarding joining a church group, that would get some discussions going. If there was a youth church group near me then I would probably try faking a faith! It seems I have the same problem as you in starting conversations with strangers!

I have no friends whatsoever. I used to think I was happy this way, then I considered my habit of listening to YouTube videos just to hear people's voices and hugging my pillow in replacement of human contact.

;_; Head>desk

I thought I was the only one who did that (the pillow thing) ::(:

Skog

My pattern growing up was to have one close friend. To the extent I socialized with anyone else, it was because they were friends of my one friend. As I moved through school, that one friend changed every once in awhile (like when my family moved), but I would still have one friend and my social life depended on that person.

As an adult, I have a lot of work acquaintances who probably would say we are friends, but I don't have even the one close friend like I had through college. I envy people with a large circle of friends.

Kinetik

I have no real-life friends, but I've engineered it that way so I don't feel sad about it. When I was younger and in school/college, I pushed everyone away because I wasn't comfortable hanging out, making friends, and getting to know people. The whole concept of networking has always been completely wasted on me. So in addition to experiencing anxiety around people, I've always been extremely avoidant. The exception to that is women I'm interested in romantically. I do force myself to make an effort there and have had decent results. I just don't feel that I have the ability to manage that as well as platonic friendships - it would take too much out of me.

Last edited:

philly2bits

I don't have any friends. The closest I did was in high school but I never talked to them outside of school.

p i a n o♬

No, I don't have any friends, to be honest.

It's so dang awkward sitting at a lunch table alone while people give you weird looks.. ihatethis.

Tiercel

All of my current friends knew my brother first. I've always been "Someone's brother" to everyone my entire life, whether that meant being my brother's or my sister's brother.

I got together with some of my friends yesterday and I felt out of place during the entire gaming session. As much as I tried to participate, I never really felt like I was more than an observer. I had more fun interacting with the pit bull than I did interacting with the people.

I long for human interaction when I don't have it, but when I have it I can't wait to run away. Too bad I can't find a few friends to help out with that. :rolleyes:

Kiwong

No friends, but a lot of people who I seem to get along with that share a comment interest.

I really get scared when I start to get along with someone that they'll get freaked out by my anxiety and not want to know me anymore.

It's a real battle just trying to fit in.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No, I never had any friends where I live. The only friends I have are on the internet, all of them in different countries, and I'm having some trouble keeping in touch with most of them lately. I don't know why it's so hard to just have a chat with someone...

I think the better question would be "Do any of you have friends?" Most people (if not all) with SA have no friends :p. Me included.

Nope.
There is one girl whom I met online and used to date, visited her a few times, but she lives 1000 miles away, so our only contact is over the phone. She's the only person I could say is my friend, but really we have nothing in common and don't see eye to eye on pretty much anything.
I used to have friends back in the stone age of high school. 1997 was my favorite year. I didn't have many friends back then, nor was I very popular, but the friends I did have were the best I'd ever had in my life. I still miss them sometimes and always think about the past.
I hate being lonely. But. I guess it is what it is.
I too at one time thought about joining a church. Very friendly people, but I thought again and decided I just wouldn't be able to deal with the different beliefs. Not to mention praying and worshiping to something you think is ridiculous.

AutonomousAutomaton

Don't fake a religious faith! Join an atheist group! I did. I managed to talk to a few people but didn't really make any friends. I don't really know how to make friends though! I'm also pretty friendless at the moment. I have one friend I see occasionally but we aren't very close at all.

harlseq

I don't have any friends at the moment. I used to have some really good ones but they either moved on (got married) or I managed to burn bridges in some way.

DekKO

I have friends but I never get to talk to them outside of school. Sometimes I pretend to have a conversation with one of them while i'm home alone it makes me comfortable.