Do any of you have no friends?

Tuco

I don't have any friends and haven't for the last 12 years when I was in high school where I had 5 or 6 friends, but I didn't keep in touch with them after I graduated. Maybe it's better this way, because it seems everyone's idea of having fun is going out and getting drunk, and since I don't drink, if I had any friends, they would see me as a freak.

charlottelouise

I don't have any friends and haven't for the last 12 years when I was in high school where I had 5 or 6 friends, but I didn't keep in touch with them after I graduated. Maybe it's better this way, because it seems everyone's idea of having fun is going out and getting drunk, and since I don't drink, if I had any friends, they would see me as a freak.
I dont drink either,couldnt agree more.

SilverFire

I would like to have some friends I could spend time with while she is away, but what others see to be my "extreme" morals tends to keep me from being okay around anyone. I am very easily offended by sexual things, and so being an American is often offensive to me. I realize that most places in the world would offend me just as much or more. Virginia is probably one of the more "tame" places in the States... but my problems with how sexual society is are my biggest barriers in not being so weird.

When something offends me, I typically go quiet and kinda shut off. I don't look around myself much because I don't want to be offended further, and I don't want to talk about what I am offended by because I'd rather just forget it happened. This isn't just awkward for "normal" people (who aren't bothered a bit), but also for my friend. She finds it hard to trust me because of the way I act, and the awkwardness of it is something she would much rather not have around.

I've been told it's alright to be offended, not that I thought any differently, and I want to be able to express it appropriately and not let it completely ruin my day. It's hard because this is the way I've dealt with offensive things for a long time now.

You're not alone on this. All the garbage makes me not want to go out where other people are, because then I'll have to put up with it. So I have to actively filter out the music, a lot of conversations, and the female scenery, and on and on. It doesn't trash my day, but it's just one more thing that makes me disinclined to deal with people and especially strangers.

I'm perfecting this unfocused/vacant look that I'm sure makes me look like a druggie or someone who's out of it, but I'd rather spend my time thinking when I'm out than distracted. Someday I hope to be able to look inside people instead of at people (especially girls), but I'm not there yet.

fitftw

I'm perfecting this unfocused/vacant look that I'm sure makes me look like a druggie or someone who's out of it, but I'd rather spend my time thinking when I'm out than distracted. Someday I hope to be able to look inside people instead of at people (especially girls), but I'm not there yet.

I hear you man...I don't think any man ever has looked inside a woman. Well except this one guy. You might know him:
images

loh71

I have one friend in this world. And we go back a long ways. Which is probably one of the main reasons why he is still a friend because he knows not to take my avoidant behavior personal. He just accepts that I will almost never show up to a party or club or get together to hang out or socialize with ppl.

Otherwise I've forfeited a fulfilling social life for a lonely but low anxiety one.

I have been on a declining social life the past two years. I had a good amount of friends, but then I switched schools. For some reason I stopped talking to all my friends. Then the friends I had at my new school I only hung out with a couple of times. Now I moved in with my grandma in a new town to go to college and have made zero friends in the past year. I have considered joining a church to meet people, but I am scared they will be judgmental of me.

I also don't want anyone to know I have no life. Does anyone else avoid making a friend because you don't want that person to know that you have no other friends.

Last edited:
When I was 13 I didn't have any friends. My best friend and I stopped seeing eachother, and i didn't have any friends. because we were mad on eachother. XD. i had only one friend in the past. but later on, i met friends at school, and via via. i have more friends now, i just tried to join when people asked me to go somwhere, and i met cool people :)
and i also met some online people, they are true friends too ;)
But.... still its hard for me to see them, but i do it more now :)

I dont have any friends. It's not just a matter of going out and meeting people. I simply don't have anything in common with my peer group. You need things in common for friendships to develop and grow.

JustAShadow

I have one friend, he lives near me and we play football together occasionally. At least I'd like to think of him as a friend.

staticreflex

A while ago I had "0" zero friends, but I started reaching out and trusting people and learning how to be social and now I have several friends and quite a few acquaintances. I used to think I was absolutely hopeless but I have learned that it just isn't true.

I have acquaintances and people that I say hi to if I pass them when I'm walking to class (I'm in college btw) and they'll say hi to me if I pass them. I'm in a club on campus with people I'm around a lot. But as far as close friends that you hang out with and get advice from and confide your secrets in...no, I don't have that and I've kind of went out of my way to get that.

My pattern growing up was to have one close friend. To the extent I socialized with anyone else, it was because they were friends of my one friend. As I moved through school, that one friend changed every once in awhile (like when my family moved), but I would still have one friend and my social life depended on that person.

Wow, you sound like me. In high school, I had one friend, and when we would walk down the halls people would say hi to my friend and ignore me (even though we had all known each other since elementary or middle school). And I was only ever invited somewhere as an addition to my friend's invitation. Like, "Oh, yeah, anxiousnut can come to if she wants." Gee, thanks for inviting me out of politeness. It sucks being the plus-1

harlseq

I recently met an old friend at the store who gave me his number. I might call him this weekend... maybe we can meet up at a bar or something to break ourselves back into each other.

Solar

Yeah, i have only one or 2 friends. Good friends, but i think I'm not handling it right because I speak to them once every 2 months.

I certainly can relate to what most of you are experiencing. I can't really focus in a group :( I can only focus on 1 person at a time

xxaimsxx

I've alienated all of mine. It came to the point where i was so unhappy and paranoid that i just rejected invitations to go places and in the end they got fed up bless them.
Now i find it hard to make friends. :( Just cant do it. I kind of cant be bothered anymore too.

NickyNacker

I've alienated all of mine. It came to the point where i was so unhappy and paranoid that i just rejected invitations to go places and in the end they got fed up bless them.
Now i find it hard to make friends. :( Just cant do it. I kind of cant be bothered anymore too.

I've done the same thing to most of my friends, I've lost a whole lot because of doing that. And now I only have 2 left.
But like I posted earlier, they never talk to me. :p

Fighter86

I kind of have one I met online, we did meet up since we do live in the same area. I have another online friend I've never actually met in real life due to distance. And then there are some ex-colleagues who I text message from time to time but that's it I guess.

Johno

I went through a stage in my life that I had no friends.... It's rather nice to have at least one friend.... However I don't want too many friends...... That can be awkward in itself... If you have lots of friends then you have to be prepared to be on call for friends....... Pro's and cons on both sides....