crazy SA competition

Oh well...

In the past I couldn't deal going to the mall (now I feel more at ease, still it's hard though). Just because I was terrified of the public places, all people being around ya, checking you out if you were shopping, and walking through the huge crowdy places, sitting nervous at a cafe and people are all watching you, if you are eating your sandwich or whatever, feeling nervous and like you can't breathe.. You know what I mean, this is a real avoiding thing.. Right?

If my parents and brother wanted to go to the mall, they always asked me before they were going 'Are you going with us? Or do you want to stay at home, just make your call' So I mostly told them 'Yes, I will join'.
Reason? I wanted to be 'out' to just face it, but still if I reached it, I could'nt get there.

So what did I do? Once we were on the parking place. I stayed in the car for 4 hours (yup-__-) laying down, so that people couldn't see me, in the car.
Waiting for my family to come back. (They were sweet, always brought a cold drink or ice cream, just to make me feel some better)

SA is a cruel badass.

Last edited:

Beatmetrics

Made my biggest crush WAY KNOWN!! Shouted to the roof tops (cured me up right away)... don't recommend it though...simmer peeps ... simmer down.

Last edited:

*Amy*

Ok, an SA true story about me... Once, it was my best friend's birthday. Her friends (whom I didn't know) organised a surprise party for her, and they tried to invite like everybody she knew, including me.

On the date we had arranged we had to meet in a restaurant in the city centre some minutes before she arrived and prepare everything. I had a workshop on that day but I planned on leaving some minutes before so that I could get the train and be there on time. But in the end, I was too ashamed of telling my teacher I was leaving earlier... and besides, I didn't really want to go there... so I left a little later than I planned, I had to catch the next train... Obviously, I would be late, so I called someone I knew from the people who were organising everything and I told him I wouldn't go... I would only have been about 15 minutes late, but still, the only idea of being there, among all those people... I just couldn't bear it. I felt sooo guilty, because it was my best friend... ::(:

alanj

When I used to regularly go out with my friends I would never drive because I felt I needed the alcohol to loosen up and relax. I felt guilty about never doing the driving so I decided to do the driving one night. After about 20 minutes in the pub I just couldn't hack it and I spent the remainder of the night sitting in the car waiting for them after their night out.

megalon

I started skipping my college classes and I would just sit in my car in the parking lot. It got worse and worse until eventually I just skipped every class. At the urging of my parents, I tried again the next semester... but I did the same thing again. This has done more to contribute to my low self esteem than anything else in my life. I feel terrible that I let my family down.

*Amy*

Another experience similar to the previous one...

I once had to meet with some people in a girl's flat, which was a little bit more than one hour walk from the place where I lived. I had been there before, I knew that there were buses to go there, but I didn't know the schedules, so I decided to go on foot. As you may have guessed, I didn't find my way, I had to ask people (though there were not many people there, that place was in the outskirts of the city and I had to walk through a road). I got there soooo late that I was really embarrassed of ringing. I did it anyway, but nobody answered. I could have rung the neighbours, some of whom I had met previously, or I could have called the girl, but I didn't because I was ashamed for being so late. I just walked back home again, and I lost the entire afternoon like this. I felt sooo awkwardly stupid::(: And from that day onwords, I tried to avoid the people I had to met as much as I could.

Ignace

On the day i was going to propose to my wife, i had arranged it to be in a public place, stupid me!!!!! this was bad for both of us.

I was such a nervous wreck that i forgot to put my truck in "park" and as i went to get out it promptly rolled forward into the vehicle ahead of me.

then when i was going to meet her, i suddently realized that id forgotten to eat that morning, and i was ravenous, so i wolfed down a hot dog (this adds up to later)

So, shakingly, i meet up with her. She could tell i was worked up, but didnt know why. I reached into my pocket for the little velvet ring box, and instantly sank to one knee. Now, SHE thought i was trying to be romantic, whereas in reality i was so scared that i almost passed out, i somehow asked her if she would marry me. She got all choked up, opened the box, and i just remember hearing her say the word "emtpy".

I say "huh?."

and she goes "umm babe the ring box is empty"

In a panic, (ive ruined the moment!!) i begin searching my pockets and found the ring. She said yes, i put it on, she kissed my forehead (im still down on one knee) and i promptly passed out, falling face forward, landing on the floor and breaking my nose.

It was a proposal neither of us are going to forget, LOL.

Is it ok I laughed a bit with this ? :D This sounds a lot like my way of proposing. ;)

In grades 5 to 7 I used to wait 45 mins at a bus stop around the corner to catch the later bus home from school (that had no school kids on) rather then the one that came after 10 mins that the other kids from my school used.

This is exactly what I used to do too. :D

Number32

Here is a good one... Some time ago I went with a friend and a few of his friends (which I didn't know) to a pub. During being at the pub a few of us decided to go and get some cash at the bank to pay. Due to all the stress I totally forgot my PIN-code. So after 2 chances I got the "1 more chance or your card will be impounded"-message... so I just faked that I took some cash and we did go back to the pub again me with just a few pennies I already had in my pocket. So when we left and walked to the bar to pay I was like "oooooooh ****, what am I going to do now...?"

Lucky enough my friend offered to pay for us all. Pfew! What a relief!

Oh no... just as I thought I was save they decided to go to the Burgerking.
I'm like ohnoes; I don't have the money for such thing. So they all order massive meals and me (knowing I have just a few pennies left) act I'm not so hungry and just order the cheapest burger I can found on the displays. As she tells me how much I have to pay I grab my wallet and and gather all the pennies. Ofcourse Murphy's law applies here and I'm just a few cents short. As the girl at the other side of the desk looks at me with a face of "whats taking you so long" my friends replies "you just took cash out of the wall"... I quickly reply "I think it fell out of my pocket when getting in your car". Well, ofcourse my friend payed those few cents but than later that night I had to fake myself searching his car for cash laying around I knew didn't exsist. Awkward! :D

Went to buy food at the canteen at school and stand there for 15 minutes because there were too many people there and I had millions of chances to just open my mouth and ask for what I want but I didn't, I was sweating too and all my classmates were watching me.

WeirdyMcGee

ahhhhhaha! I just remembered this one-- thinking of school

When I was in college, there was one day I remember specifically, feeling really terrible. I didn't want anyone to see me (which was stupid because I'd be going into a lecture with my other 200 classmates any moment -__-) and I heard a group coming around the corner- headed out the double doors to have a smoke.
I literally jumped 5 feet in the air; over a bush and nearly landed on a pile of cigarette butts that had been thrown behind the bush.
I stayed there for 10 minutes while these people whom I didn't even know, finished their cigarettes then went back inside.
I was about to get up when I heard another group coming and ducked back down; scolding myself because I was going to miss class and I'd be seeing WAY more people if I'd have gone to class than if I'd have just gotten up and walked past these smokers.
I ended up staying in the bush for 20 minutes--- missed the doors for my lecture and called my boyfriend- who was home from work sick; to come and pick me up from the bush.
...yes; he asked where I was and I said hiding in the bush.

He was so used to it that he didn't even bat an eye when I said it XD
If I'd have told any of my classmates, they'd surely have thought I was a spaz- so when asked why I didn't show for lecture by my group members, I just said I stayed home.

MollyBeGood

On the day i was going to propose to my wife, i had arranged it to be in a public place, stupid me!!!!! this was bad for both of us.

I was such a nervous wreck that i forgot to put my truck in "park" and as i went to get out it promptly rolled forward into the vehicle ahead of me.

then when i was going to meet her, i suddently realized that id forgotten to eat that morning, and i was ravenous, so i wolfed down a hot dog (this adds up to later)

So, shakingly, i meet up with her. She could tell i was worked up, but didnt know why. I reached into my pocket for the little velvet ring box, and instantly sank to one knee. Now, SHE thought i was trying to be romantic, whereas in reality i was so scared that i almost passed out, i somehow asked her if she would marry me. She got all choked up, opened the box, and i just remember hearing her say the word "emtpy".

I say "huh?."

and she goes "umm babe the ring box is empty"

In a panic, (ive ruined the moment!!) i begin searching my pockets and found the ring. She said yes, i put it on, she kissed my forehead (im still down on one knee) and i promptly passed out, falling face forward, landing on the floor and breaking my nose.

It was a proposal neither of us are going to forget, LOL.

awee..omg...that was so sweet..u broke ur nose even? what a story!

Purplepixies

I started skipping my college classes and I would just sit in my car in the parking lot. It got worse and worse until eventually I just skipped every class. At the urging of my parents, I tried again the next semester... but I did the same thing again. This has done more to contribute to my low self esteem than anything else in my life. I feel terrible that I let my family down.

I did the same with High School so I got a GED but I just applied for college. I'm hoping I can cope with "not being the girl people like to be with" sort of crap. :(

• My brother's 21st b'day party, at family home. I stayed in my bedroom upstairs, while it was being held in basement. Even though a (hot) girl & guy i knew asked me (separately) to come down.
• "Hid" in school library to avoid my sports team photo. A team member found me. I said 'i forgot'
• A number of times avoided going to assembly hall (went straight to home room, or went to library, or elsewhere)
• Missed bus, walked the ~10kms to school, a couple i knew stopped & offered to take me to school, i refused (twice (they passed in car x2), as then i'd have to enter my class mid-session). Continued walking, and got there at interval, as planned.
• School sports day. Hid in a classroom, away from everything.
• Recently: Uncle visiting parents from overseas. Hadn't seen him for many years. I walked to family home, but upon seeing him, quickly left (before he saw me)
• Etc, etc, etc

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

I hid in the bathroom and cried for three hours or so while at a resort with a group of kids who had made highest honors in high school. The whole trip was a disaster for me, and mortifying.

Steppen-Wolf

I once hid in my room for two days and peed on a bottle to avoid contact with some extended family visitors LOL.

There's really not a lot of dignity in suffering from SA :rolleyes:.

Kiwong

After a panic attack I was cooling my heels in the hospital emegency ward. The doctor hooked me up to a blood pressure monitor.

As I spoke to the lady intern doctor my blood pressur went up to 200/100. Must've been her spiky hair.

UnderTheBoughs

One time when I wasn't up to going into uni one day, I left the house early as if I were going but actually spent over 2 and half hours wandering around in the countryside, just on the outskirts of town. I stayed there until I knew nobody would be in the house and it was safe to go back home.

This IS the best thread I've seen haha! Well done :)

I think the award has to go to The Lone Gunman for The Proposal :)

I used to travel with work a lot. This was awful for me. I hated it-being in a different country surrounded by wrk ppl. It was actually my very own hell and it was mandatory hell, I got written up for not going the first time. Last time I locked myself in the hotel room for the full 3 days feigning food poisoning- although it might have as well have been for how sick I was over the situation! I've waited til the last minute to book my flights so that no colleagues are on the same flight as me and I would fly at 5am just to be sure. That way nobody would want to share a taxi from the hotel to the airport either for departure.