Being hit on

Kiwong

Eyebrows are like little hairy caterpillars that stay permanently perched on our foreheads and like to dance around in accordance to our moods.

Nice description Ashiene. They are a bit odd, like ears.

Are there any ear men out there?

What about ilio-tibial band men?

Agent_Violet

i don't get hit on in real life. Any time i get hit on it's online...one brave soul told me it's because in real life I have a "don't mess with me" look on my face therefore making it impossible to approach me.

anyway...most often i get hit on for my eyes,lips,butt,and curves.

I'd prefer getting hit on bc I'm a cool chick who plays videogames and would rather watch movies at home than go to the bar or nightclub. but that'll never happen lol ;-)

oh and girls who get all offended and annoyed when a man compliments her just makes it that much harder for the man to move on and feel confident enough to compliment another female.

rebyoo

Does anyone have any advice on quickly shooting down unwanted attention? I work in a pharmacy and i want to learn how to handle situations like this without coming off rude. Recently i've had advances (including physical) off some intoxicated and drugged up customers and it's made me very anxious about serving any customers at all.

coyote

Does anyone have any advice on quickly shooting down unwanted attention? I work in a pharmacy and i want to learn how to handle situations like this without coming off rude. Recently i've had advances (including physical) off some intoxicated and drugged up customers and it's made me very anxious about serving any customers at all.

simply tell them you can't go out with anyone until you get the results back from the STD clinic

or until the surgery heals,... from the sex-change operation

Boby

But aren't you supposed to be behind an massive secure counter?At least that's how are almost all pharmacies in my country.

WeirdyMcGee

Wear a 'wedding ring'.
That won't sway all of them-- but some will without you saying anything.
As for customers who are drunk or drugged up and getting physical with you-- there's no reason to take their feelings into account because they probably don't know what they're dong. Get help from a co-worker and ask them not to touch you or you will have to call the police on them; and always say, 'it's procedure to...' (call the authorities on unruly customers, etc.)

Without being terribly rude; all you can do sometimes is laugh it off and say nothing.
OR you can just ignore them < but that can also come off as rude.
I don't think there's an easy way to shoot people down without being rude, really. Some people will insist on pursuing even if you flash a wedding ring and say; 'yes I'm taken-- no, I'm not interested.' and you just have to ignore them and hope they go away.

speakerheart

When guys don't look at me i feel insecure about my looks.Umm.& when guys stare at me passing by or in a social situation at times, i will feel anxious:S I get hit on way more online then i do in person.I don't no why.

MikeyC

Say you have a husband.

If necessary, a husband in the army.

speakerheart

Nice one with the umbrella, I might try it.

At the moment it takes an immense amount of courage to go out into social situations. Before and after running races is the worst time. I stand their waiting at the start, and I want to be a million miles away from the judgemental mass of humanity around me. It feels like the freaking Spanish inquistion.

Wearing sunglasses does help. I thought of wearing them all the time as a way of protest. Talk to my glass lenses not my anxiety.

Sunglasses do help! And now that it's Summer..You can get away with wearing them indoors too.Ive even worn them at night.

PhantomPod

I never get hit on by guys. Sometimes I even wonder if anyone has ever had a crush on me before. I have had lots of crushes on guys, but I feel like there's probably no one who like me and had a secret crush on me.

bcsr

Unwated physical advances, I wouldn't worry about being rude. That's crossing a line.

Otherwise, just a simple "Thanks, but I'm not interested" or "Thanks, but I'm seeing someone" would suffice. Most of us would much rather get a polite no than no answer at all. Not giving a clear no also might encourage some guys to continue pursuing. Don't make excuses as to why that particular night won't work. I've made that mistake with women before, and they usually keep pursuing. Just be truthful and be clear.

Kiwong

Sunglasses do help! And now that it's Summer..You can get away with wearing them indoors too.Ive even worn them at night.

Yes, I have found them helpful. Unfortunately, it's winter were I live. Sometimes sit them on top of my head, and lower them when I encounter a situation I am uncomfortable with.