Being hit on

Rembrandt Broam

I never get hit on by guys. Sometimes I even wonder if anyone has ever had a crush on me before. I have had lots of crushes on guys, but I feel like there's probably no one who like me and had a secret crush on me.

I sometimes think it would be cool if you could submit something like a FOI request, and get sent a list of everyone whose ever had a crush on you.

I think a lot of people who'd expect to get back a blank sheet might actually end up very surprised.

Agent_Violet

I sometimes think it would be cool if you could submit something like a FOI request, and get sent a list of everyone whose ever had a crush on you.

I think a lot of people who'd expect to get back a blank sheet might actually end up very surprised.

that's such a cool idea:) it would definitely be interesting to say the least;-)

rebyoo

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Some great advice in there, i think i just have to try to seem more firm with people. Where i work doesn't have a big security counter, i'd feel much better about things if it did. Giving people methadone involves going in to a cupboard with them and closing the door, it feels very vulnerable. I'm going to try to work on my body language and speech, you gave me some good ideas WeirdyMcGee :)

Agent_Violet

I resent your comment on my post. I have reported it to the moderators, and have placed you on my ignore list.

It's odd how I took the comment as genuine and sincere. I could never pinpoint why I feel the way I do when faced with people who have piercings and tattoos all over. They just intimidate me and make me feel small somehow.I know that isn't their intention and that it's all my perception but i still feel that way.
They just seem so tough and edgy in all the ways I'm not.

I know you said specifically rings,earrings,and nose rings...but the response to your comment made me realize how I feel when faced with tattooed/pierced people.

Ashiene

I resent your comment on my post. I have reported it to the moderators, and have placed you on my ignore list.

You mis-interpreted my statement. I was not targeting you. I was referring to myself using your opinion.

Number32

You always hear about girls giving "signals", but I really never get them...
I think do get hit on from time to time by girls, but only notice it when they write it to me in big, fat, bold letter: "HEY WE SHOULD GO OUT SOMETIME"
Only than there is a little light in my head going: "hey, you know what, she might accidently maybe could possible like you... but still not sure..." lol

And for some reason the girls that like me are never my type... And its really not that I only focus on girls out of my league or just the very good looking ones... I dont know why... For example last year I had two girls hitting on me of which I think (accually I know) that the avarage man would find very attractive and goodlooking.... but I'm not the avarage man....
And eventhough I think thought they were very nice I knew they were not my type so didn't really bother. Its like a sadistic game... Meeting girls you really like but they are not intrested in you, and the next second you have an attractive woman hitting on you but there is no spark. A few friends of me still don't get it why I decline these good looking woman to try and go for another girl which (in their eyes) is always much less attractive. They don't understand... :/

Overhere in my country we have a way of saying "You can't eat from a well decorated table" which means something like; nomatter how attractive a woman can be, aslong as there is no common ground or intelligence you shouldn't bother. And thats often the case with these girls. I don't wanna brag or anything. I'm not Johny Dep and I surely havn't got hot, gorgious woman crawling all over me all the time haha... but its frustrating you know. Its like "see what you can't get?"

Kiwong

It's odd how I took the comment as genuine and sincere. I could never pinpoint why I feel the way I do when faced with people who have piercings and tattoos all over. They just intimidate me and make me feel small somehow.I know that isn't their intention and that it's all my perception but i still feel that way.
They just seem so tough and edgy in all the ways I'm not.

I know you said specifically rings,earrings,and nose rings...but the response to your comment made me realize how I feel when faced with tattooed/pierced people.

With me it is not the intimidation at all, it is the fear of embarrassment, or being judged. My mind says don't look at that, but that is like saying don't touch the delete button on the computer, you can't help it. There are a whole range of other things that can be triggers my anxiety.

I've deleted my comment, which may have been misinterpretation. I will move on, because I don't need the stress right now.

I can barely talk to people anymore, and am extremely sensitive even mentioning it on forums such as this.

Last edited:

Meggy0001

Whenever I am out with any of my friends they seem to attract a lot of attention and have a lot of guys coming towards them all the time and I on the other hand never get noticed. My friends do dress to impress I guess, while I stick to hats, hoodies, converses and jeans which are fairly baggy and not that appealing so that may be why. I actually like not being hit on :) It has happened on a few occasions and it sucked and I felt so uncomfortable and awkward lol

psych

A lot of it is body language. I asked a guy friend a long time ago what it is about me that makes me unapproachable and he said, in different words, that most guys interpret quiet awkwardness as bitchy rejection. So my shyness is intimidating. :/

Damn! Maybe that's what my problem is! I'm terrified, so they probably just think I'm a stuck up b*tch!
Idk, I have no luck in this department. :confused: Gonna die alone. ::(:

MikeyC

This is an interesting thread, seeing all the different opinions, especially from the women. Some enjoy the attention, others don't. Being hit on too little or too much is not good, but somewhere in the middle is acceptable. That's the consensus I'm getting here.

Anyway, interesting stuff.

Richey

Does anyone else resist going on dates fearing that the female might see you as the annoying brother type instead of the playful boyfriend, knight in shining armour. Even if you are nice and try your best. I just think of all the variables that could go wrong and its why i never date.

hidwell

Does anyone else resist going on dates fearing that the female might see you as the annoying brother type instead of the playful boyfriend, knight in shining armour. Even if you are nice and try your best. I just think of all the variables that could go wrong and its why i never date.

My life experiences have told me that the dating game is all about hurting and rejection, these are the reasons I have given up on dating.

Ashiene

My life experiences have told me that the dating game is all about hurting and rejection, these are the reasons I have given up on dating.

The mating game is expensive and not worth thetime, money and effort (for me) due to the high rates of rejection.

I've only ever been hit on once by a cashier 2 years ago. She was actually pretty hot. The only problem was that she looked like she was in her 30's (I was 16 at the time). Other than that, for the most part, girls pretend I don't exist.

MikeyC

I've only ever been hit on once by a cashier 2 years ago. She was actually pretty hot. The only problem was that she looked like she was in her 30's (I was 16 at the time).
Nothing wrong with the older ladies. ;)

I dont mind being hit on, although it happens a lot in the last 6 years i've been married and most of the time its 18-20 year old girls hitting on me. To put this in perspective, I have a receeding hairline at 26 years old and I never take off my weddding ring. I always reply by saying "I'm married'', one even said it didnt bother her. Wierd! Like there aint no younger guys around here they can pester! And it aint like I'm the outgoing type either, I never approach people. Let me put it this way: I'm the guy in line at the wal mart getting my lunch for work and a couple cans of skoal, wearing a factory workers uniform with enough nerve damage and physical scars for an army platoon with thinning hair and still these girls seek me out. O...M...G! It don't bother me but it makes me wonder ''why me''.