Anyone used internet dating?

So true... so true :)
Okay I'll (maybe) calm down after this, but:

Dude, you're pretty ****in wise (;)). You got a good point there. I think that's my problem, I gotta calm down a bit.... thanks <3 I owe you one bud!

Edit: I'd still like to find a girl that is as crazy/intense as me though - if I did, I'd instantly marry her :)

Last edited:

coyote

So true... so true :)
Okay I'll (maybe) calm down after this, but:

Dude, you're pretty ****in wise (;)). You got a good point there. I think that's my problem, I gotta calm down a bit.... thanks <3 I owe you one bud!

learn from the mistakes of others

you can't live long enough to make them all yourself

(I think Eleanor Roosevelt may have said that)

fitftw

I met this girl from Poland on Plenty Of Fish about 6 months ago. She has an aunt/uncle here. She speaks perfect English. She flew in 2 nights ago, I spent all day with her yesterday. She wanted to go shopping so we went to the supermarket and she would literally look at everything lol she's cute. And I'm so quiet, but for some reason she likes me. We went for like a 2 mile walk talking about how crazy this is but funny...then it started to pour like a monsoon lol we took shelter underneath bleachers of all things, because we walked to the high school track. It didn't cover us very well, we got soaked like hell. Anyway, point is, I don't know what's going on yet, but we talked all the time online and now she's actually here it's weird. But so awesome. :)

oh yeah, internet dating is win. Though when I'm in an altered mind state, I start to think of it in very negative terms like how weird it is how everyone sells themselves and puts up what they think is the best picture of themselves as the main one. All that stuff. Hm.

learn from the mistakes of others

you can't live long enough to make them all yourself

(I think Eleanor Roosevelt may have said that)

You know, in all honesty, I believe that you should share your knowledge more often coyote ;), instead of just being funny all the time :p... you're really depriving us of something here :). Just my opinion.

coyote

I met this girl from Poland on Plenty Of Fish about 6 months ago. She has an aunt/uncle here. She speaks perfect English. She flew in 2 nights ago, I spent all day with her yesterday. She wanted to go shopping so we went to the supermarket and she would literally look at everything lol she's cute. And I'm so quiet, but for some reason she likes me. We went for like a 2 mile walk talking about how crazy this is but funny...then it started to pour like a monsoon lol we took shelter underneath bleachers of all things, because we walked to the high school track. It didn't cover us very well, we got soaked like hell. Anyway, point is, I don't know what's going on yet, but we talked all the time online and now she's actually here it's weird. But so awesome. :)

oh yeah, internet dating is win. Though when I'm in an altered mind state, I start to think of it in very negative terms like how weird it is how everyone sells themselves and puts up what they think is the best picture of themselves as the main one. All that stuff. Hm.

That's awesome, man! She sounds great.

Try not to think about that last stuff - just stay in the moment.

Well, after reading all this, I - don't - think - so.
Always knew something wrong with internet dating.
Leave it very much alone I will.

As for eHarmony, I am what I am, I will not lie for them.

dutchguy

I still haven't fully realized what happened, but I had my first internet date and somehow it ended with her and me making out...

The thing that troubles me is... why am I not as happy as I think I should be?

Feathers

I still haven't fully realized what happened, but I had my first internet date and somehow it ended with her and me making out...

The thing that troubles me is... why am I not as happy as I think I should be?

If you only just met her you can be pretty miserable afterwards!!

It's better if you wait and get to know each other a bit first!!

fiftw, good luck with that! She might be genuine, just take it slowly and observe, perhaps beware a bit if she isn't there just for the greencard (maybe I've seen too many movies, it happens) or just tourist visit.. easy to get excited then.. It could also be a real win too.. A friend of mine married an American guy and it's true love, it seems, they've been together for almost a decade now, I think.. (and they came back to Europe then..) Poland is beautiful and people are very friendly..

dutchguy

If you only just met her you can be pretty miserable afterwards!!

It's better if you wait and get to know each other a bit first!!

Yeah, I know, that's what bothered me about it... Before we met, we talked online for about a month, so I guess we already do know a lot about each other... but it was so unexpected and perhaps a bit early for my standards.

I think the issue was that for me, as a 25 year-old guy who never kissed a girl before, I was still so 'innocent' that I made a big 'event' out of something that most people my age consider normal. Now that I had some time to think about it I'm starting to put it in the proper perspective so that I can maybe actually start enjoying this. :D

Feathers

Yeah, I know, that's what bothered me about it... Before we met, we talked online for about a month, so I guess we already do know a lot about each other... but it was so unexpected and perhaps a bit early for my standards.

I think the issue was that for me, as a 25 year-old guy who never kissed a girl before, I was still so 'innocent' that I made a big 'event' out of something that most people my age consider normal. Now that I had some time to think about it I'm starting to put it in the proper perspective so that I can maybe actually start enjoying this. :D

hm, somehow it's still different, meeting iRL.. and knowing each other for 1 month isn't so much..

Did you and she really like each other otherwise and will meet again, or was it just a 'one of' thing? This may have something to do with it too..
This may sound so lame, but people can feel 'used' or 'stupid' after something like this.. It may depend on the attitude too, yeah.. Some may be very casual about it, not sure if being casual about it is a good thing though, hm?

Also, if she was maybe sorta feeling low and used 'the fun stuff' to 'recharge' you could perhaps be feeling some of her energy rub off too.. Guys online have reported it.. Ideally you both have good energy and just make it better.. (So maybe take her on a hike first, to wear her out a bit? or some quality dinner.. ha ha..)

spect01

yes. I used internet dating because of my SA. Now a lot (NOT ALL) of people on there are insecure and psycho and turn out to be abusive and obsessed. They will show up at your house and shine a flash light in your window and make you jump 15 feet in the air. They will hold a gun to your head if you dare even leave them. I share my experiences with everybody on here to take precaution when using dating sites.

I dated 2 guys from 2 different dating sites and they were both abusive. I was fooled twice. I think that after 2 times, don't you think that its bound to happen the 3rd time around?? heh 2 times in a row for me.

um you fell for the bad boys

dutchguy

hm, somehow it's still different, meeting iRL.. and knowing each other for 1 month isn't so much..

Did you and she really like each other otherwise and will meet again, or was it just a 'one of' thing? This may have something to do with it too..
This may sound so lame, but people can feel 'used' or 'stupid' after something like this.. It may depend on the attitude too, yeah.. Some may be very casual about it, not sure if being casual about it is a good thing though, hm?

Also, if she was maybe sorta feeling low and used 'the fun stuff' to 'recharge' you could perhaps be feeling some of her energy rub off too.. Guys online have reported it.. Ideally you both have good energy and just make it better.. (So maybe take her on a hike first, to wear her out a bit? or some quality dinner.. ha ha..)

Yeah, 'used' is a good way of describing how I felt... It's like "what the hell did I just do?!" But I'm thinking that's probably my anxiety speaking - I mean, what happened was basically everything I ever dreamed of - an attractive girl likes me for the shy guy that I am - but I can't stop thinking "something like this can't happen to me, something must be wrong with this!". I do have to make sure that this doesn't go too fast for me though, otherwise this "relationship" is doomed from the start.

And at least I'm at least not "that guy that never kissed a girl" anymore, that's gotta count for something. :D

Oh and it was definitely not a 'one off' kind of thing - she's seems to really like me (almost to the point where I'm asking myself what she sees in me) and I like her too, so she's probably going to be my first ever girlfriend... wow, another thing that's going to take some getting used to...

Last edited:

Feathers

same thing that goes wrong after a few dates with any woman. Someone loses interest. In every case, it's usually me.
hmm!! you heart-breaker!! :rolleyes:

Is it because of what I wrote in the other thread? I'm sorry I wrote it then... It was just pure speculations, you know!! And it's better to get to know someone and find the truth than to just run away from her, no?
I just wanted you to pace it a bit and go slow enough to get to know her and if you two would be a good fit!

Last edited: