Anyone used internet dating?

SingleAloneForever

Don't even get me started on internet dating.

I've tried many internet dating sites over the past five - six years, and nothing ever happened. Not a response. Not one woman ever tried contacting me, and the ones I tried contacting, didn't want anything to do with me.

I even recently tried eHarmony, that was a waste of ****ing time. Filled out the questionnaire, and found out that of all the profiles in the world, I didn't match up with a single one. I know of about 18 or so people who used eHarmony, that actually managed to find dates. But not me.

On a side note, I've even tried speed dating, that's how pathetic and desperate I've gotten. There was this speed dating group thing, that another single friend suggested that we try out. It cost $40, which included dinner and a few drinks, etc.

They had tables set up in a circle, females on one side, men on the other. Every five minutes, after chatting to one girl, they'd move onto the next, etc.

So what happens to me? Sit down in front of a girl. The first thing she says is "Why are you here? You don't have a chance with anybody. Don't talk to me or look at me you freak."

A lot of people laughed, and it was just completely embarrassing and upsetting. I managed to maintain my composure and I just headed for the door. Was a waste of $40, though.

I don't think I will bother trying to find a date ever again. A pattern has formed, and I know what it is. It means that I will die alone.

dutchguy

So what happens to me? Sit down in front of a girl. The first thing she says is "Why are you here? You don't have a chance with anybody. Don't talk to me or look at me you freak."
Wow, that's absolutely horrible! What an evil person and what a terrible thing to say to someone. I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt after that comment, but you have my respect for remaining calm after such a disgusting remark.

IGotSeoul

Wow, that's absolutely horrible! What an evil person and what a terrible thing to say to someone. I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt after that comment, but you have my respect for remaining calm after such a disgusting remark.

absolutely agree with this.. just imagining the scenario stirs up my anxieties. You are a very strong man.

AGR

I signed on one,japancupid,but only to see how it is,never uploaded any pic,dont think I ever will,not interested in any girl around my state,there are some I am interested,but they probably wouldnt be in me,also there are some shady profiles,dont know if I am paranoid but I get the feeling from some profiles that they are after a japanese man to get a visa to stay here,not gonna mention their nationality but its obvious to me :rolleyes:,some are from people obssesed with japanese culture and I am not even a real japanese :D,some are jap chicks looking for the foreigner,usually from Usa,Australia and etc,some obvious fake lol posted Adriana Lima as their pic,then there are ones that look normal who probably wouldnt like me anyway.

Obstacle 1

I am giving this some serious thought. The only problem is writing up a profile that I would be happy with takes me so long that I end up getting sick of it before I even start messaging anyone :D

Waybuloo

A lot of people laughed, and it was just completely embarrassing and upsetting. I managed to maintain my composure and I just headed for the door. Was a waste of $40, though.

I don't think I will bother trying to find a date ever again. A pattern has formed, and I know what it is. It means that I will die alone.

I think that girl was an utterly disgusting human being, chances are even if she finds someone she'll probably be paired up with another cut from the same cloth, or she'll end up alone. Anybody NORMAL would not say that to another person, trust me. I think if I was being attacked like that to be left with no dignity, what the heck I'd picked up my drink and tipped it on her head and say 'is that freak enough for you'.

Feathers

Oh gosh, that person should be black-listed!!
I don't know if there were any 'official' organizers there, someone would absolutely need to step in and set up boundaries!!

It would absolutely be possible to complain and demand your money back - at the very least!! Plus get an official apology, promise they will make sure things like that won't happen at their events anymore, or ask for money compensation for 'psychological torment' or what's it called??
If you get a good lawyer and they're an official company, my guess is you could sue them good!!

After all, people sue (and WIN!) in USA for much more stupid reason!! And this is a really good and valid reason to take action!! Grr!!

At the very LEAST (or if they don't react to any nice ways) you can put up a complaint on their website or on any review sites (anonymously if needed) - people will think TWICE before using them again and there goes profit!

PS How does that person know anyone has a chance with anyone? Are they a mind reader? Official fortuneteller?

I know some guys you'd never thought anyone would be interested in and they are happily married/partnered up AND some of them are great fathers!
Attraction is soo different for different people.. Some really beautiful or awesome girls I know have really unremarkable partners..

You could also turn it on her: 'Why are YOU here?' 'You think anyone would be interested in YOU?' 'With that kind of attitude?' or 'What are you, Dating Police?' 'Do you go around telling people who can or cannot date? What would you say to Prince Charles and Camilla then?'
(That would maybe shush her up-?)

Politeness is a GOOD thing to have in a relationship, so I'm guessing that girl must be single a lot or dating jerks??

dutchguy

I think that girl was an utterly disgusting human being, chances are even if she finds someone she'll probably be paired up with another cut from the same cloth, or she'll end up alone. Anybody NORMAL would not say that to another person, trust me. I think if I was being attacked like that to be left with no dignity, what the heck I'd picked up my drink and tipped it on her head and say 'is that freak enough for you'.

I probably would have just started crying, but I like your method better :p

You know what angers me most about this kind of behavior? It makes perfectly great people think there's something wrong with them. There's probably so many people who maybe don't fit into 'the norm' and have 'given up' thanks to horrible idiots like that girl.

EDIT:

Damnit, now that the girl I asked out agrees, my anxiety is playing up again... what are my friends/family going to say? Is she the way she looks on her photo's? Isn't she some kind of psycho? I almost feel like hiding under a rock.

Last edited:

dutchguy

I'm probably repeating this for like, the third time on this thread, but I really need to get this off my chest...

So some time ago I met this girl on a dating site. Her profile seemed a bit off but hey, she liked video games and lived nearby, so for about a month we just sent messages back and forth. She seemed nice and apparently we had some things in common, so in the end I asked her out - but now that she accepted and the anonymity of the internet is about to go away, I'm suddenly starting to question everything - or in another words, the anxieties that I managed to keep under control online are slowly creeping out again.

The stupid thing is, now I can't stop thinking about how horrible it is that I have to tell my parents I'm having a date with a girl who might be ugly or antisocial or... That's the one problem I'm having with online dating - I can be perfectly normal and fine, until the point where the interaction goes offline, which then starts the anxiety.

Sinar_Matahari

I've actually made a fake profile with a fake picture on pof just to test the waters, and received a lot of replies from men with Asian fetishes..so, I will avoid unless I want easy hookups lol.

I'm not interested in finding dates online (or offline for that matter), but I consider myself warned. I'd also be worried to find guys with Asian fetishes even if I'm not far eastern or south eastern Asian. I wouldn't mind a guy who simply finds Asian women attractive, but there's a difference between simple preference and fetish. I recently was approached by a complete pycho at the pub. He has a thing for Asian women. I'm not even east or south eastern Asian, but they all seem to think I'm Chinese. Nothing wrong with being Chinese, but I don't look Chinese.

Oh great... lol. I really don't think it was my fault.... ;) (at least as far as I know) But like I said, I know pretty damn well that my ability to scares girls away (online or in real life) is unmatched!

Believe it or not, I'm kinda proud of it, it's pretty damn amusing since it's so silly/ridiculous :D

coyote

Oh great... lol. I really don't think it was my fault.... ;) (at least as far as I know) But like I said, I know pretty damn well that my ability to scares girls away (online or in real life) is unmatched!

Believe it or not, I'm kinda proud of it, it's pretty damn amusing since it's so silly/ridiculous :D

perhaps it your intensity?

What do you mean by "intensity"? :D Sexual intensity? lol I've never banged a girl before so I don't think it's that lol :p (Kidding).

Yeah I think you're right dude, when it comes to things, I'm pretty intense about everything... I guess that can be scary. I guess I gotta find myself a girl that's just as crazy as me... though there's no one that is crazier than me, so I guess I'm destined to be lonely forever. I'm fine as long as SPW is still online ;)

coyote

What do you mean by "intensity"? :D Sexual intensity? lol I've never banged a girl before so I don't think it's that lol :p (Kidding).

Yeah I think you're right dude, when it comes to things, I'm pretty intense about everything... I guess that can be scary. I guess I gotta find myself a girl that's just as crazy as me... though there's no one that is crazier than me, so I guess I'm destined to be lonely forever. I'm fine as long as SPW is still online ;)

even the sweetest, loveliest music can be uncomfortable to listen to when the volume is turned up too loud :]