Anyone used internet dating?

fitftw

I dunno if I saw what you wrote in the other thread. She just doesn't seem to be compatible with me. I believe she just wants me to marry her so she can stay here, and I re-thought about it and now I see that everything she does is for that purpose and it kind of makes me sick a little. ;/

Feathers

I dunno if I saw what you wrote in the other thread. She just doesn't seem to be compatible with me. I believe she just wants me to marry her so she can stay here, and I re-thought about it and now I see that everything she does is for that purpose and it kind of makes me sick a little. ;/
Well, that's what I wrote in the other thread, that it's a possibility!! (Maybe I hypnotized you? :confused: )
Did you actually ask her or talk about it with her?

Also, you must know (most/many) Polish people are very Catholic. Maybe she also just wants to marry you, and it's not just for the greencard.

fitftw

^ where in Europe are you? lol. Yeah I know they are Catholic but she herself doesn't seem to be. Though she doesn't drink or smoke at all. And she says she used to have social anxiety. I can kind of see it in her. I did discuss it with her and she basically told me not to think about it like that. Well, it's kind of hard not to...

So I'm just going to slowly phase her out of my life...

Feathers

^ where in Europe are you? lol. Yeah I know they are Catholic but she herself doesn't seem to be. Though she doesn't drink or smoke at all. And she says she used to have social anxiety. I can kind of see it in her. I did discuss it with her and she basically told me not to think about it like that. Well, it's kind of hard not to...

So I'm just going to slowly phase her out of my life...
Ohh, then my silly postings *did* brainwash you?? ugh.. /must think more carefully before posting.../ ::(: :confused:

What did she say exactly about coming here and possibly staying?
You seemed so happy yesterday...

MaliceInWickedland

I've dated three people online. They all started out very good but they all ended eventually because we lost contact, except for my second online boyfriend, we still keep in touch but just as very good friends. A few of my friends still poke fun at me for relying on the internet for a date, but apparently they don't understand what it's like to have avoidant personality disorder and haven't been cheated on twice in real life like I was.

fitftw

Ohh, then my silly postings *did* brainwash you?? ugh.. /must think more carefully before posting.../ ::(: :confused:

What did she say exactly about coming here and possibly staying?
You seemed so happy yesterday...

She would only stay here if she gets married. I no longer have those feelings. I spent 3 days with her and she's not into what I'm into...like, no common interests at all really.

Feathers

She would only stay here if she gets married.

hm, do you mean in your house or in your country? For Catholic people it's normal to not sleep with a person until married, at least some are this way (though many may be more 'liberal', at least here, not sure about Poland..)

I no longer have those feelings. I spent 3 days with her and she's not into what I'm into...like, no common interests at all really.
Hm, if you have no common interests at all, that may be different then.. if having common interests is important to you, and if they are very different.. for some people, having slightly different interests can be enriching, but it really depends what they are.. at least you need to tolerate them, I guess.. or appreciate the other person despite them..

And of course you need some sort of a vision of future that is interesting to both of you.. (I can understand how talk of marriage after just 3 days can scare anyone though! ;)) Maybe it wasn't right that I brought it up yesterday, sorry.. (I just read online a while ago some things that made me want to warn you..) But maybe this girl was genuine, it's difficult to tell online...

You know America can be like a 'promised land' to some people from ex European countries.. But maybe what she wanted to say was that she'd go back to her country unless she met her true love there.. Maybe she didn't mean 'you' at all, if you're not up for that.. (?) Many people move to a different country to be with a person they love, I don't think it's such a big deal.. If both are happy with it...

fitftw

she hates Poland. Doesn't want to go back ever.

She loves NYC though. She says she only feels at home when she's there. I hate the city lol it's too crowded. I know she likes it because of the diversity. She fits in there.

I just don't think I'm worth her time. She's beautiful, and I'm absolutely insane.

Feathers

she hates Poland. Doesn't want to go back ever.

She loves NYC though. She says she only feels at home when she's there. I hate the city lol it's too crowded. I know she likes it because of the diversity. She fits in there.
Hmm, that's different then, if you absolutely can't find a middle ground, a place where you both could be happy in...
Some people can only tolerate NY well for short time though.. And maybe if they only see the good parts..
There's the song 'Live in NYC, but only for a while, so it doesn't make you too hard' or something like that? (Wear Sunscreen) There may be places you both might like - something multicultural and more laid back? Has she seen (m)any other places in America?
Hm, is she going for a modelling or acting job? Then maybe she doesn't have many options in other cities.. If not, there are lots of places USA- and world-wide..

I just don't think I'm worth her time. She's beautiful, and I'm absolutely insane.
Hmm, you're quite goodlooking too, and beauty isn't all that it's made to be anyway.. Other things can be much more important.. Is she smart or interesting enough, etc?

And about being insane - some chicks can dig this. And normality is overrated anyway.. (A renowned psychologists said there are just 2 normal people in my country :D Truth, we are a much smaller country than US though. And I think in USA there are a lot of worse nutcases than you too.. lol She could do worse..)

Hastings & Main

Never myself, although I recently looked around and found about 4 sites directly related to my specific group - or rather, the types I'm most compatible with.

Some years ago my best friend (since grade 4, so it's been decades) found someone online and they have been together now going on around 5-6 years. It was an international affair and he moved quite a ways away to live with her as she was very family-oriented.
Thing is, he was always overweight and pretty self-conscious about it and it held him back a lot, but he finally met his match & they're very happy.

Maybe I'll give it a go.