anyone have **** said to them jus coz ur quiet?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Wow. I truly can not understand the cruelty of others.

Like many of you, I too have had the old "Why don't you TALK????" and the "You're so quiet," along with "She doesn't talk to us, she only talks to [so and so]" And, the best one yet: on my boarding school student file, in the section where they put observations about our personalities after observing us during orientation, they wrote something like, "Flat personality. Only speaks when spoken to, doesn't show much emotion." Nice huh? I'm FLAT.

***holes

dont-worry-bout-it.jpg

They don't undastand our issues. Forget them. I think me n' my Lemur pals 'ill pay dat boardin' school of yers a visit and show dem what a "flat personalty really is" *sizes up baseball bat*. Make 'em n' offer they can't refuse, eh? Same with anyone else yalls wit ppls given ya grief. :cool: :D

B

Beatrice

dont-worry-bout-it.jpg

They don't undastand our issues. Forget them. I think me n' my Lemur pals 'ill pay dat boardin' school of yers a visit and show dem what a "flat personalty really is" *sizes up baseball bat*. Make 'em n' offer they can't refuse, eh? Same with anyone else yalls wit ppls given ya grief. :cool: :D

Hahaha, thank you kindly dear sir - um, Lemur.

Where did you get all these lemur images anyway?? sheesh

NamiraWilhelm

Miserable cow, cheer up it might never happen, never happy are you etc etc, thanks for the talk, are you mute, do you talk etc

Some people really just dont get it.

Kinda wish more awareness was raised about social phobia. So many people just pass us off as 'stuck up' or 'boring'. They have no idea how miserable it can make us.

sarahe17

Yep, people can be so mean, I didn't realise how much I hated my old school until I left, people used to tease me and talk to me like I was a kid, mostly the boys just because i'm shy and unconfident. I agree people would ask why I was so quiet too, really repetitive and annoying.

marielb

i also wish i could go back in time,to school and be more confident because i got bullied once and a few weeks later the girl got in trouble for it and she said it was cause i was quiet,'obviously trying to act tough to her friends'thats the only reason she bullied me i think,and in one class i didnt know what i was doing and the teacher grabbed my chin and shoved it in the direction of the board:mad:...if only i could go back,teach them a lesson.oh well....and i am also always being told to 'cheer up' and 'smile'.hate it

MollyBeGood

I used to get made fun of so much for being shy/quiet ...now that I am older I don't care about it becuase I have more confidence. I like who I am and don't care so much about others opinions of me. I know there are some real ass*** out there but they are not important and have their own issues.
This feeling of not caring what your peers think who are basically heartless for making fun of you in the first place takes time. It will happen if you are patient and get out and try new stuff as much as you can. If you don't try to live outside your comfort zone shyness will always haunt you. Meet more people and someone will click. You will find something that will make you happy the more thngs you try. :)

Patrick26

Talkin **** about being quiet? so rare it almost doesn't exist. People mention i don't talk much? many times. At work? only when i'm sad.

nikkixo

oh yeah in highschool people were always saying stuff like "do u ever talk" or "why are you so quiet" or "nikki be quiet" "god nikki stop talking" (being sarcastic obviously) once my freshman year of highschool which was alonggg time ago but i still remember this some chick in my group we were working on an assignment and this chick says "what do you do on the weekends? just sit home and study?" like wtf.. thats rude..then she asked me if i could finish the assignment since she "knows" i'm not doing anything on the weekend. people can be so mean

cappatown

Yes, I get the "smile" thing as well.

Annoying! How big of a dumbass would I look walking around with a smile on my face 24/7? And why am I supposed to smile at a co-worker EVERY SINGLE time I see them?

Phoenixx

Yesterday in Economics, we were talking about this scholarship and in order to apply you had to be recognized as a role model. So for an example, my Econ. teacher comes over to me and just calls me out, tells them, "For example, I consider this student to be a role model of how you should act as students." (Or something along those lines. I can't totally remember as I was just too nervous) Then of course, people have to talk back. One said, "But she never says anything!" another said, "Oh, well that's not fun!" Yeah according to them I'm just boring. >.> Rant over. :p

God, where do I start on this one. Im 16 and definitely not a social guy at all. I just liten to/play music all the time because noone cares about what I say. So I am very quiet but I am not a quiet person. I have lots to say and express but cant do it, so it is better for me to be quiet in those places. Because of that, everyone thinks im very emo and crap, its so annoying. When im with my real 2 or 3 frineds, im pretty vocal about anything, but if im in a group of say 20 or 30 of my average friends, im usually pretty quiet because everyone thinks im stupid, literally. I dont get it.

MaliceInWickedland

All the time. People have referred to me as "The Quiet One" so many times that it might as well be my damn name! I'm either told by friends, family, even strangers that I look pissed off or gloomy and that most people are afraid to approach and talk to me because I look like a straight-up ice queen. That really hurts my feelings because I am a very friendly person regardless of my cold demeanor. Hell, I'm probably one of the friendliest people you could ever encounter. I really hate judging others but apparently and unfortunately the same thing cannot be said about the majority of humanity nowadays, especially this generation.

Welcome to the 21st century! Don't expect to enjoy your stay...

MaliceInWickedland

Yesterday in Economics, we were talking about this scholarship and in order to apply you had to be recognized as a role model. So for an example, my Econ. teacher comes over to me and just calls me out, tells them, "For example, I consider this student to be a role model of how you should act as students." (Or something along those lines. I can't totally remember as I was just too nervous) Then of course, people have to talk back. One said, "But she never says anything!" another said, "Oh, well that's not fun!" Yeah according to them I'm just boring. >.> Rant over. :p

That's almost exactly like what happened to me a few weeks before school ended and in my economics class too, no lie! :eek:

I'll never forget that moment with my econ teacher Mrs. Kaupang. Absolute worst teacher ever who needs to learn to buy herself BETTER BRAS to spare her poor students of having to witness her godforsaken rock-hard nipples protruding like freaking missiles!!, more so during the winter for obvious reasons... I hope by some heavenly miracle you're reading this right now Mrs. Kaupang.

Wow now I'm the one ranting... My apologies for that random little outburst there. ANYWHO. So she was talking about college and how acting like "hormonal high school students" was unacceptable in college and that you had to be calm and quiet in order to be able to listen to the professor properly and get good notes and all that jazz. So then to my pure and utter dismay she walks over to my desk in the lonely corner of the room, stands next to me, puts her disgusting hand on my shoulder and says "Clarissa here is a lovely example of one of those students who you will see sitting in the front of the room, patiently and quietly listening to the professor and getting good notes."

Then of course this smart ass jock guy who thinks his s*** don't stink has to shine the spotlight on me some more and says "I know who I'll be going to for catch-up notes" and everyone starts laughing and I kinda laugh too even though inside I'm imagining him getting stabbed by a thousand daggers being thrown at him by my eyes as I stare at him fiendishly (weird imagination, I know...)

What pissed me off the most was this stupid annoying bubbly cheerleader that sat behind me. She and her equally annoying little pantie stain of a friend are giggling to themselves and I hear one of them say "Watch her be a ****ing druggie who doesn't even make it to college." I felt like turning around and saying "B**** you're thinking about your own future a bit too much..." but of course I lacked the femmeballs to say anything courtesy of my SA and now to this day am still fuming about it and rambling about it here for all of you poor souls to read through and have your brains turned to mush...

And yet people wonder why I hate humanity so much???

FriendlyShadow

A friend of mine jokingly said that I "don't know how to talk" and 2 other girls (friends of hers who weren't close to me at the time) laughed at that. That was 4 years ago when my SA was way worse, and I'm not holding it against them, but that's not to say that didn't hurt at all. It really did, and I can't forget it.

People tend to walk all over me too (and it doesn't help that I have a "pushover" face as someone had so eloquently put it) because I'm quiet. Usually the loud and/or obnoxious and/or insensitive ones do this to me. It sucks. You'd think that the quieter ones deserve more respect but some people just LOVE putting us down.

You're not alone there. I try and try, yet it's never "enough" and I can never grow close to people. I suppose it feels like "heaps" because so******ing is exhausting for us.

In my opinion, your friends were being imbeciles towards you and you had every right to react the way you did and now. I, too, had people comment a lot about how shy and few have emotionally abused me because of it. It's sad that there's not much I can do since I'm living around with controlling people in my life and they don't care at all. They don't care that I feel hurt and they don't care about my past. And when I finally try and become something that I'm not for other people's selfishness(outgoing, girly, ect), I still get harassment and scorn. I guess the majority of people just like being vicious, regardless if they care they hurt you or not. All the times, I feel like whatever I do to change myself, it'll never be good enough. I guess I'll have to accept the fact that I'm plain and boring to most people.

jaim38

Of course I have. I think there are similar threads to this. Bullies know quiet people won't fight back so they say sh*t to them.