anyone have **** said to them jus coz ur quiet?

JamesSmith

anyone have **** said to them jus coz ur quiet? anyone else??

Haha, it's safe to say i've had this multiple times. The story of my life in a way.

If you have SAD, you are going to hear bad things from the world. It turns out many people aren't fans of anxiety and quietness, it makes them uncomfortable.

Duraldo

Yup. I lived at a campus run apartment complex (NOT A DORM), but they acted like a dorm....but it's an apartment, so they can charge out the ass. If I pay for an apartment, I want to live in the privacy it confides me in. Anyhoo. They had these little "events" every month or so, where they do dumb things (pumpkin carving during october, sex awareness week one week, etc) to get people social. I NEVER go to them, and apparently that singled me out in the building. They never said anything to me directly, but they would do "surprise inspections" way too often. Getting cited for candles, etc. Even though, my friend, who lives with an apartment employee for a roomate, can have candles and a pet. Sometimes people think you're gonna like murder them all just because you keep to yourself or something. In class it is like that too, teachers treat me different, assume I don't read the books, and want to participate. I just don't want to say anything. Sometimes I do...and I usually say something dumb about the subject going on in class, so I regret it.

Newtype

"Do your parents beat you?"

Some girl asked me that in high school. The only time a girl has ever talked to me and that's what I got...

HeadFace

"Do your parents beat you?"

Some girl asked me that in high school. The only time a girl has ever talked to me and that's what I got...
What the ****?
No seriously. What? What???? WHAT??????????
Sadly, I can imagine pretty much every girl at my school saying this. Everyone at my school is superficial as hell... And is always out to prove a point. Also I think about 80% of my school smokes. Hell, I've even been offered meth once but this random kid in my math class.
Haha, it's safe to say i've had this multiple times. The story of my life in a way.

If you have SAD, you are going to hear bad things from the world. It turns out many people aren't fans of anxiety and quietness, it makes them uncomfortable.
Yeup. You are going to get a ton of **** for being quiet.
You will be judged
Discriminated.
Insulted.
Questioned.
Confronted.
Though, I think the more you get into high school, the less **** you get. For example:
Freshman year I think I got so much **** in every class.
Sophomore year - mostly just in the beginning, and some at the last semester.
This year (Junior) I've only gotten a few comments on being quiet at the beginning of both semesters.

It's annoying as hell:
"How come you're so quiet?"
"It's okay... You can talk, you know."
"You need to talk more. Like, seriously."
"Like, I dont get shy people like, at all. They really need to talk more."

etc. etc.
Usually my response is:
"Yeah I know. I just dont have anything to say"
Even if I do have stuff to say, it's usually to "real" for these stupid immature superficial idiots to handle without calling me negative or depressing. And when I DO tell them, they usually leave me alone for the rest of my life.

twiggle

In an old job I was very shy when I first started and didn't say much. They used to make comments about how quiet I was which just made me feel worse, cos I felt like anything I then said would be preyed upon like "omg she said something!"
I later found out they'd had a competition within the office... over which one of them could make me say the most.
Talk about patronising hey?

Kat

Being nervous affects my voice a lot so even if I do try to talk they can’t hear what I’m saying anyway I have been asked if I have a sore throat .

I volunteered at this place and it had children and old people. But whilst I was getting lunch ready an old lady came up to talk to me. Whilst we we’re talking one other lady that was nearby was listening to us talk and she came over to me to say "you know you don’t need to talk like that you’re not talking to the children anymore. "::eek::

Phoenixx

Though, I think the more you get into high school, the less **** you get. For example:
Freshman year I think I got so much **** in every class.
Sophomore year - mostly just in the beginning, and some at the last semester.
This year (Junior) I've only gotten a few comments on being quiet at the beginning of both semesters.
^ This is quite true for me as well. I don't remember comments much from my freshman year, but sophomore year was a b**** for me. And all because of one teacher. My biology teacher was the worst when it came to comments. He would always single me out, ask me a question about whatever we were learning that day. I would mumble the answer because I was too nervous to even talk. He would reply with comments like, "Stop being so loud!" or "You don't need to yell." Got really annoying after a while. Also not to mention he had me answer a question one day while I had a bad cold, only to comment that I sounded like a "man". >.< I was so happy after I was finished with 10th grade.

Anyway, last year (junior) and this year (senior) weren't so bad with comments at school at all. I never got singled out because I was quiet, by neither teachers nor other kids.

HeadFace

^ This is quite true for me as well. I don't remember comments much from my freshman year, but sophomore year was a b**** for me. And all because of one teacher. My biology teacher was the worst when it came to comments. He would always single me out, ask me a question about whatever we were learning that day. I would mumble the answer because I was too nervous to even talk. He would reply with comments like, "Stop being so loud!" or "You don't need to yell." Got really annoying after a while. Also not to mention he had me answer a question one day while I had a bad cold, only to comment that I sounded like a "man". >.< I was so happy after I was finished with 10th grade.

Anyway, last year (junior) and this year (senior) weren't so bad with comments at school at all. I never got singled out because I was quiet, by neither teachers nor other kids.
Yeah... All of my teachers havent been so bad... Now that I think about it. None of my teachers singled me out. It was all the students.
In freshman year, especially during the beginning, all the "outgoing" people either abandoned me or confronted me about being quiet. Especially for this one project, I got this really annoying soccer chick.
The first thing she commented for the whole thing was me being quiet...

Sophomore year was... Not bad, I guess. Math class we always got to choose where to sit, so I sat in the back with this one kid everyone hated. Didnt care though. It was just us two and not a ****load of people. Other than that... I didnt get approaced that much, besides in english/history.

This year... Hmm... I dont recall many confrontations. Sat by myself most of my classes first semester. Which I loved. Surprisingly... I actually dont recall any. Though I think thats solely because we werent in groups.
This semester however, my psych class has groups. So it's me and three really talkative "cool" kids (the ones that smoke everything get wasted every weekend and party all night every night). So I dont fit in much. They're all girls, too. So the first day of course I got a few questions about why I never talked... Thats pretty much over though. None of them talk to me. In fact we've been through days without even talking to each other - even though we're in the same group.

Phoenixx

Yeah... All of my teachers havent been so bad... Now that I think about it. None of my teachers singled me out. It was all the students.
In freshman year, especially during the beginning, all the "outgoing" people either abandoned me or confronted me about being quiet. Especially for this one project, I got this really annoying soccer chick.
The first thing she commented for the whole thing was me being quiet...

Sophomore year was... Not bad, I guess. Math class we always got to choose where to sit, so I sat in the back with this one kid everyone hated. Didnt care though. It was just us two and not a ****load of people. Other than that... I didnt get approaced that much, besides in english/history.

This year... Hmm... I dont recall many confrontations. Sat by myself most of my classes first semester. Which I loved. Surprisingly... I actually dont recall any. Though I think thats solely because we werent in groups.
This semester however, my psych class has groups. So it's me and three really talkative "cool" kids (the ones that smoke everything get wasted every weekend and party all night every night). So I dont fit in much. They're all girls, too. So the first day of course I got a few questions about why I never talked... Thats pretty much over though. None of them talk to me. In fact we've been through days without even talking to each other - even though we're in the same group.
^ Yeah the "cool" kids are usually the worst at singling the quiet people out. At least, that's how it was at my school too. I got singled out by them a few times throughout high school, they would ask me "Why are you so quiet?" or make sarcastic comments like "Shut up, you're so loud!". If I got paired up with a few of them for group projects/assignments in classes, they would either ignore me completely like I wasn't there or they would just use me for answers to questions or something instead of doing the work themselves.

Porcupine

Comments about my being quiet never really bothered me. When I graduated from high school, I was given the "Least Talkative" award and even that didn't bother me too much, though I felt I wasn't even the one who most deserved the award!

mr.jimbo

Today, one of my classmate i sit next to told my teacher that she probably won't remember me because im usually a quiet guy. later on, she also said that I wouldn't participate in class to raise my hand up if the dean ever came over and observe the classroom. i didnt get upset or anything at my classmate. we're cool with each other. but i hated to be labeled like i dont exist or being a ghost. she likes to pick on me but i would pick on her back of her obnoxious loud personality and her complaints on small things. I guess my classmate sitting next to me is taking noticed of my personality as the semester goes on. But yeah i have my reasons for being quiet most of the time saying few words because of my learning disability/ADD/SA. It's tough to sort my thoughts out in a relevant way.

D

deleted user 1

Reading these comments makes me realize how happy my school days are over! lol.

D

deleted user 1

People have said I'm crazy. I'm not loud... I'm to myself and sometimes perfer it that way.

Don't you just hate stereotypes! If you are quiet, you are crazy, or flawed. But if you never shut up, and are self-centered, then you are God's gift to humanity! It really infuriates me. blabber mouths can be insecure too, even insane. It is quite possible that life does not follow definite patterns and categories etc. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth wanting to talk to anyone after-all, lol.

R3X

I've just recently applied at a mall and currently working there and i gotta say that i've been mocked/criticised about me being so quiet and reserved all the time and it's REALLY annoying.It's making my ears bleed,really.Why do people care so much whether we speak or not??Can't they just RESPECT US just like how WE Respect Them??You don't see me talking/blabbing about how they're so loud,obnoxious,immature and stuff.Haven't they heard something called "Personal Preference"??I PREFER to STAY QUIET. =.=

B

Beatrice

... "dreadfully dull" was the latest comment someone recently made

Wow. I truly can not understand the cruelty of others.

Like many of you, I too have had the old "Why don't you TALK????" and the "You're so quiet," along with "She doesn't talk to us, she only talks to [so and so]" And, the best one yet: on my boarding school student file, in the section where they put observations about our personalities after observing us during orientation, they wrote something like, "Flat personality. Only speaks when spoken to, doesn't show much emotion." Nice huh? I'm FLAT.

***holes