Would you last in jail?

AGR

Depends where here I dont think there would be a problem,I had a friend who did time,had no problem,but you hear stories here about police beating brazilians in jail sometimes,but back in my home country,theres just no ****ing way lol :D.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
kimbo-slice-betting.jpg

Nope.

Miami

I would do something crazy to get thrown into the hole/isolation. I dont think id last because my nervousness would make me seem weak to the others. I'd out up one hell of a fight though

iamthenra

No, I wouldn't last very long at all... I would become everyone's door mat, and I would refuse being someone's bytch and most definitely wouldn't pick the soap bar up off the floor.... I would kill myself before I let myself become some sex slave for Bubba.... No Hershy highway for me....

cws971

Im so sure I came across this topic..... Iv been to jail 5 times, due to drinkin and doin drugs.... fighting all stupid sh*t, but the last time I was in Jail was for 2months. and I didn't even do fu*k all....... long story.... I goto Jail for 3 death threats when all I said was fight me, il be outside your house in 5mins, cuz my best friend at the time started dating my xgf and tryed to hide it from me. I was so pissed jus cuz I trusted him..... he made up this b.s story sayin I told him I was gonna kill him and his family, his gf lmao! any ways my time in Jail was a LIVING HELL..... 2 long months felt like 6months, time goes by so slow....... most ppl gave me a hard time... A group of ppl made me fight this guy over a bag of chips that he took from another guy..... I droped the guy with 1 punch, loL ' every 1 seen me as a weak person cuz I have SA and dont talk much, after that fight I got alot of respect which felt good at the time, but looking back it was pointless. Jail is the last place you wanna be if you have SA. imagin having your worse anxiety attack out in public, when your in Jail that worse anxiety attack is every day. all day.... IM NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!

Last edited:
probably dead to a bloody pulp on the first day, which is pretty much when the other inmates gauge you. There is a hierarchy in jail, so you have to fight for your life, make a weapon out of a toothbrush out or just die. Things get too real in jail, i dont think anyone on this forum would last very long, unless thy do become someone's bitch but even then that is just more hell for you to go through. A family friend works as a guard and he has seen stuff happen at our jail house, i wasnt pretty.

Last edited:

FOR REAL

Banned
ive only been arrested 5 or 6 times. ive never actualy been in the jail, just the cells.
the trick in the uk is to get arrested on the sunday night, cause if you get arrested on the fridat night, you have to stay in until monday morning when the court is open

it really is a big fear for me though. i dont think i would last

unleashed

i think i would get used to it but because people generally seem to dislike me i guess it could be dangerous. sharing a cell could be a nightmare depending who you got?

Luke1993

Much like FOR REAL I have been arrested and put in cells but never prison. I actually think I'd be okay in prison. I wouldn't have any pressures from life like getting qualifications, having to work and pay bills. If I shared a cell I'd be a little agitated but overall I think I would survive.

A Guilty Mind

I seriously doubt that I'd ever do anything Jail worthy in the first place. Even if I did, I'm sure it would just be a minor misdemeanor, and not some felony that have me in Prison for over a year. Jail for one is a lot different than prison.I don't even think about it though. I don't think it's really a matter of if you will last or not, because once you're there, you're there. You have to last, there's not much you can really do about it, it's either going to be as easy as you make it, or really difficult.

When i was arrested, before i had any mental health problems. They kept me in the cells until i sobered up then gave me a £80 on the spot fine.
My sister was in the cell next to me and my boyfriend at the time was in the one next to her lol.

mrb

20 years ago for 3 months , lewis prison , prison number nj3591 ... c wing then got transfered to f wing for the duration of my sentance , funny how all these years later i still remember my prison cell number nj3591 ... i met some right nutters in there i can tell you , one guy was waiting his court date on a murder charge , mouthy as hell no one liked him ... then along came his court date , when he came back hes face looked grey didnt say a word just went to his cell , i heard he got 15 years , next morning he was gone , guess he got transfered to a more secure prison .. one time some guy was put in my cell with me i said alright mate what you in for , he just gave me a filthy look and ignored me , needless to say didnt sleep that night with him in my cell , but next day he was gone , what made me laugh is most people that are doing time smoke dope the prison stinks of the stuff , i said to a warden how come thats allowed , he said gary if we took that away from them this place would have a riot .. it keeps the inmates calm , and he said you seem like a nice bloke mate just keep your head down , do your time and get out ... so thats what i did :) like the good boy i am ;)

Last edited:

Richey

if I ever got arrested and locked up for something I would likely freak out so bad Id be ramming my head into the bars!!!! Being confined like that is one of my bigger fears!!!!

would you last?!?!?!

well you'd have to do something really bad to even get there, most sentences end up suspended or are provided with a bail condition and are minimum security especially good people who play up once and that is usually out of confusion/stupidity aka (being in the wrong crowd, drugs, theft, tax problems). i believe modern prison rooms aren't bars per say, the rooms have a locked door, so its more private than you think and i believe you can wear casual clothing not an orange uniform, that's maximum security.

there are so many laws that people arn't aware of even people in the law system don't know everything, so the probability of breaking the law is always a risk to anyone. but most people don't have bad intentions, for instance a drug dealer has a problem but does this mean they are bad people? ethically yes..but potential for rehibilitation is good with the right people to help.

the problem with the law and prison system is that the majority of people who go there or end up there have a good chance to recover because the reason they are there while justified because they broke the law probably happened out of a moment of poor decision but overall they are good people with good intentions and so there is a great chance to turn their lives around but if you are given a record then what happens is once the sentence is carried out their chances of getting a decent job again is diminished because of the criminal record and they can't travel and getting loans with the banks and registering in the future become big obstacles so it does sort of ruin their life, they have to re-adjust to get back up again...

alot of people get into trouble over tax issues. declaring the wrong incomes etc or not declaring at all. traffic issues...

personally i think prison should be reserved for the most serious cases or criminal behaviour like violence and big money theft...

we were given a lecture from a judge who has been lorded in his profession and he was telling us how he believes prison should be a place for rehibilitation to educate and help people but instead the system is built for people to simply feell horrible about themselves and all the cliches that tag along with it.

from what i've been taught modern prison isn't like the show Oz! or the Green Mile...

perhaps the pyschological lesson of going makes people never want to do anything wrong to go ever have to go back again as well...

back on subject. i don't know how i'd handle jail because its an entirely unknown situation, i'd imagine it would be quite a traumatic experience to begin with and once released therapy and some sort of massive self-esteem boost would be in order just to feel normal again...

i think the justice system is completely screwed in terms of helping people.
as onlookers we perceive prisoners as some sort of vermon like version of human beings yet i get the impression there are alot of them who are good people who just need help in the right direction. but there are always the bad people as well who just want to do bad things for whatever reason.....i think character evaluations should allow the good people to be seperated from the clearly screwed up people so that good people who are in prison arnt subjected to the badness of the environment and can get help...

Last edited:

Lorraine Manca

this is probably because ive never even seen a jail or prison, but it occurred to me it'd be a way to have less responsibility and anxiety if you could stay there. you cant get lower than jail, and it beats being homeless, so it sounds really safe to me at least in the women's part. my cousin has been in and out of jail her whole life, she's in her thirties now. i always suspected she kept getting caught at things on purpose because she doesnt know how to support herself or live on her own. she gets out, freeloads off a person for a bit, wears off her welcome, and back she goes to prison again.