would a guy like a girl who has no ..friends?

Rembrandt Broam

A girl's personality wouldn't matter to me whatsoever if she was hot. I might have said otherwise in the past, but that's because i used to be in denial.

Are you talking about just sleeping with her, or being in a relationship? If you're just talking about sex, then her personality might not matter to you, but if you intend to have a real, long term relationship with her then her personality will matter a great deal. If you're not compatible personality-wise, then I promise you that the relationship is not going to last very long at all.

Luke1993

It certainly wouldn't matter to me if a girl had no friends we'd actually have something in common! And then the two of us could be friends in our relationship!

THE-INTROVERT

im the sort of boy that would rather cuddle up with a girlfriend on the sofa than go to a nightclub i always used too see boyfriend and girlfriend arguing outside night clubs

So if a hot girl had nothing to offer besides her looks, you'd still want to spend the rest of your life with her?

Well, that's what my father did. And he is the kind of person who would say it's all about personality.

As long as she isn't a psychopath or completely retarded, I don't think I'd mind. Besides, If I'll spend the rest of my life with her it'd probably be out of habit, or attachment that you could develop if you know a person for such a long time.

Are you talking about just sleeping with her, or being in a relationship? If you're just talking about sex, then her personality might not matter to you, but if you intend to have a real, long term relationship with her then her personality will matter a great deal. If you're not compatible personality-wise, then I promise you that the relationship is not going to last very long at all.

Same thing. Only difference is that in a relationship you make a sort of a deal with your partner to stay exclusively with them so that they wouldn't be jealous. In a quick one night stand the courtship behaviour (flirting, romance, etc) doesn't last long and in a relationship it usually lasts longer.

Rembrandt Broam

Same thing. Only difference is that in a relationship you make a sort of a deal with your partner to stay exclusively with them so that they wouldn't be jealous. In a quick one night stand the courtship behaviour (flirting, romance, etc) doesn't last long and in a relationship it usually lasts longer.

Is that really all you want or expect from a relationship?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Oh come on, you people are just making me feel guilty now.

I honestly can't help it. That's how I'm programmed!:rolleyes:

It's not a matter of needing to fight your instincts, and there's nothing wrong with the desire to chase after pretty girls, either.

It's just that there's more to it. Have you ever had a relationship with a really hot girl who was dull-witted, vapid, and generally annoying? God knows how, but I have.

How pretty a girl is doesn't tell you how much fun she'll be in bed. It doesn't tell you whether she will get on your nerves after a few weeks. It doesn't tell you if anything except that she's pretty.

That's why I asked your age. Experience will tell you that pretty isn't as important as it seems to be.

Rembrandt Broam

Oh come on, you people are just making me feel guilty now.

I honestly can't help it. That's how I'm programmed!:rolleyes:

Programmed to be attracted to beautiful girls?

Welcome to the club. Every guy on the planet gets automatic membership at birth. ;)

No one is trying to make you feel guilty, or say that you shouldn't pursue relationships with girls you are physically attracted to. But out of that group, there will be some you are compatible with, and some you're not. Why would you want to be in a relationship with a girl you weren't compatible with, when there are plenty that you would be both attracted to, and have other things in common with?

Felgen

Well, that's what my father did. And he is the kind of person who would say it's all about personality.

If this is the case, then you're better off with a f-ck friend than with a girlfriend. Thinking that way will only pay off if you have near perfect social skills or if you can wipe your ass with money. ::p:

Welcome to the club. Every guy on the planet gets automatic membership at birth. ;)

True enough, and men who want to stay happy shouldn't ever try to leave this club. However, a girl with a sh!tty personality will cause any man looking for more than sex to lose interest, regardless of how pretty the girl is.

Tiercel

No friends means you won't have to approach an entire group, or worry about passing her friends' inspections as well as hers.

So yes I would.

:D

Uber Schnitzel

I don't think most guys would have a problem with a girl having no friends. I know I certainly wouldn't but this is coming from a guy who used to have issues so maybe I'm more biased (or should that be understanding?). In fact the very act of a girl opening up like this to me and sharing this would endear her even more to me. Also if we were together she would no longer be friendless cos she would have all my friends and family to call her own. I'm not gonna lie though, I'm sure some guys would have a problem but *cliche alert* you're better off without em.

It's not a matter of needing to fight your instincts, and there's nothing wrong with the desire to chase after pretty girls, either.

It's just that there's more to it. Have you ever had a relationship with a really hot girl who was dull-witted, vapid, and generally annoying? God knows how, but I have.

How pretty a girl is doesn't tell you how much fun she'll be in bed. It doesn't tell you whether she will get on your nerves after a few weeks. It doesn't tell you if anything except that she's pretty.

That's why I asked your age. Experience will tell you that pretty isn't as important as it seems to be.

Dating a girl who will get on my nerves won't make any difference to my instincts/genes as the only thing that is taken into consideration by these factors is survival (aka how the offsprings will turn out to be).

No one is trying to make you feel guilty, or say that you shouldn't pursue relationships with girls you are physically attracted to. But out of that group, there will be some you are compatible with, and some you're not. Why would you want to be in a relationship with a girl you weren't compatible with, when there are plenty that you would be both attracted to, and have other things in common with?

If I could get along with a human being (I doubt it), then great. However, that's not the most important factor that's being taken into consideration when dating.

If this is the case, then you're better off with a f-ck friend than with a girlfriend. Thinking that way will only pay off if you have near perfect social skills or if you can wipe your ass with money. ::p:

True enough, and men who want to stay happy shouldn't ever try to leave this club. However, a girl with a sh!tty personality will cause any man looking for more than sex to lose interest, regardless of how pretty the girl is.

A "f-ck friend" would probably be ideal for me; however, females in the animal kingdon usually require courting beforehand.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Dating a girl who will get on my nerves won't make any difference to my instincts/genes as the only thing that is taken into consideration by these factors is survival (aka how the offsprings will turn out to be).
No, getting on your nerves probably won't effect whom you lust after. But there is more to you than primal instinct.

I still get the impression you say these things based on assumptions rather than experience. You didn't answer whether you'd had a relationship with such a girl. Have you had any relationship experience?

No, getting on your nerves probably won't effect whom you lust after. But there is more to you than primal instinct.

Don't know what you mean by that. I'm an animal.

I still get the impression you say these things based on assumptions rather than experience. You didn't answer whether you'd had a relationship with such a girl. Have you had any relationship experience?

It's irrelevant whether I've had a relationship before. And asking me such a question is no different from asking me whether I have friends. It's a personal question. But just to satisfy your curiousity- no, i've never been in a relationship before; not a platonic one or a romantic one- due to SA of course. Fortunately, I'm growing out of it. I could probably date someone at the moment, but it wouldn't be fair on them since I'm leaving the country. And anyway, i have way too much on my plate at the moment. Know what, I will date someone in a month or two and let you know how it goes...

Back to topic though, I think I can work out how everything works through observation of other relationships and my own feelings on the matter.

Hellhound

Super Moderator

If I could get along with a human being (I doubt it), then great. However, that's not the most important factor that's being taken into consideration when dating.

A "f-ck friend" would probably be ideal for me; however, females in the animal kingdon usually require courting beforehand.

Should I remind you that we are different from the other animals? There's more in a relationship than instincts, genes, courting, whatever. Think like one of your specie.

Felgen

Depends on how you define 'courting'. Monogamy is a designated standard set by humans; in prehistoric times, it wasn't uncommon for both women and men to have many "significant others" (hence the modern day's serial monogamy).

The stuff about having to pass mind games, being that experienced and so on to get a one night stand is a socially constructed norm, but if you want to get laid, you're going to have to conform to that norm.