would a guy like a girl who has no ..friends?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I wasn't implying that people in relationships wre only looking for sex, but sex is a part of a relationship and a relationship without someone you're sexually attracted to won't work--it will just be self deception.

I wasn't talking about that, though :confused:

This guy said he could care less about how a girl is, as long as she's "hot". Isn't that pretty selfish and ignorant? What if the girl is really nice, but she finds out he only "loves" her because of her looks? That's like a slap in the face. And what if she turns out to be a royal bitch? He might get hurt. Only because he's too blind to see beyond physical beauty.

Now, in response to what you're telling me... You might be attracted that way after getting to know the other person too, it doesn't always have to be the other way round, you know?. Their looks won't determine if they're going to be the right person for you. This is why I think it's a good thing to make friends first instead of just going to hunt girls. Think with your brain and heart, not with your eyes and private parts (and I don't mean that as an offense)

Of course, I think I said it before, this is just an opinion. You're free to ignore it :)

Last edited:

Luke1993

hehe it's not a big problem I was just wondering if the OP was to come back to look at the answers and find this mass debate instead on how important looks are and genes and all that jazz :D

Felgen

I'm more worried about the prospective girlfriend. No one deserves to be wanted for shallow reasons only.

True. If you date someone only because of their looks, but hate everything else about them, you're treating them like a trophy.

sevenroses

Why wouldn't a guy like a girl with no friends. Not that I'm looking or anything, I'm too f'd up to have a gf neway, but a huge turn off is a girl who thinks shes all that and all popular with no problems and all cool with too many friends.

Last edited:

jamez

I wouldn't mind since I don't have many friends myself. We all go through points when we feel real down. Making friends is easier when we open up a little more.

I know I would. =3

Quality before quantity I'd say. If that one girl is nice, then there's no need for her to have dozens of additional
acquaintances. ;3

SciFicGuy

...I mean, ya i know, stupid question but...say you met a guy and he likes u b/c he thinks your really cute, has a good personality and wants to get to know u better.. ...but would he still like you after you told him you have no friends and no social life?
honestly, he would think of u as a sore loser and would never talk to u again, right?...I mean this is coming from a NORMAL guy, who has no anxiety issues and lives a normal life
...would he still like the "cute" girl after she told him ...everything..?

thanks....^_^;

Personally, I would like a girl like that but only because she's going to be easier to control and she'll be more dependent.

It's a bad reason. But, you should watch out because you'll make yourself vulnerable, emotionally.

Feathers

Personally, I would like a girl like that but only because she's going to be easier to control and she'll be more dependent.

It's a bad reason. But, you should watch out because you'll make yourself vulnerable, emotionally.

I think that are guys out there who may intentionally want to isolate a girl and then physically or verbally abuse her - so it's a good thing to not isolate yourself too much.

Also, like other people said, it's good to have friends or other people to vent or complain too, because one person can only take so much, and it may be easier for the relationship..

When I was a teen I used to be afraid if a (female!) pen friend wanted to visit that she would see I had no friends etc. It seems like such a silly reason to not meet really great people.. So I can relate to what OP posted.. I also learnt to make friends later on.. in different age groups :D Grannies or older neighbours or little kiddies can be 'friends' too, and sometimes easier to talk to... And perhaps you can make friends more easily with really intelligent people at the Uni or so.. (or here :D)

So I don't think the question is, 'Would a guy like a girl who has.. no friends?' (I think it's been answered here, depends on the guy) but is it good for your emotional and perhaps even physical health and wellbeing to have absolutely no friends or other people to trust?

Of course you can survive without them, isn't it, uhm, nicer if you manage to get some friends and learn gow to make and maintain friendships at least a bit? (It's a learnable skill, like everything lese, after all!!)

fitftw

Fry: "when you look this good, you don't have to know ANYTHING"

yup. I have no friends and I'm a guy. Some girls have a problem with that. I don't care. They can get their own friends if it bothers them so much.

spect01

Guys are much more forgiving and understanding and are able to overlook stuff like this in a girl but unfortanetly girls are alot more judgemental to a guy about it.

Pookah

^ Comparing the sexes isn't really helpful. Because it tends towards generalizations. I could care less how many friends someone has.

Felgen

Guys are much more forgiving and understanding and are able to overlook stuff like this in a girl but unfortanetly girls are alot more judgemental to a guy about it.

I don't think a girl with anxiety would judge someone because of it.

awkwardamanda

This is something I've wondered about. If I were to meet a guy and start dating, I'd be worried when the time came to meet each other's friends. I only have two friends, neither of whom are real close friends. They don't even really know each other. They've met, but it's not as if the three of us hang out together. They each have their own friends and then there's me. So what if I'm dating someone and he wants to meet my friends? If it's just like, we each bring a friend and all go for dinner, that would be doable. But if I get invited to hang out with all his buddies and can't reciprocate I'd feel bad. If he's shy and doesn't have a lot of friends either then I guess there's nothing to worry about. But what if he's got a solid group of friends? Not necessarily a large group of friends, but even just a few good friends he hangs out with often. I'd feel inadequate. I think I'd have a tough time dating an extrovert. I'm pretty sure we'd just clash. But I worry that even a guy with a small but close group of friends might look down on me. I guess any guy worth dating wouldn't make a big deal of it, but I can't help wondering anyway.

XRenato

...I mean, ya i know, stupid question but...say you met a guy and he likes u b/c he thinks your really cute, has a good personality and wants to get to know u better.. ...but would he still like you after you told him you have no friends and no social life

Yes, he would. He wants the girl, not her friends. Whether she has friends, social life or not, this is all irrelevant. He wants the girl, that's enough.