Why are you depressed at the moment?

Well, today, there's this -

(copy/pasted from another similar recent thread)

And my dad just had another minor stroke, so I feel I may be losing my parents soon as well....

Wow I'm so sorry :(

I've had immense depression for like the last 4 years. But right now I'm super depressed because my best friend is also my new ex-girlfriend. When I think that I'll never be able to hold her or kiss her again it feels like I'm getting hit with a hammer. The worst part is she's been out having fun and forgetting about me ever since the break up which was only 2 days ago. I love her and miss having her so much :(

EscapeArtist

hey freestyle, even though she might look like she's having fun, she might just be trying to forget the pain of what is going on. I always think that people have forgotten me instantly after dropping me in any way but it is never the case, a lot of the time they are hurting and trying to hide from the hurt behind a smile. When they are alone it can be all different, just as it is for us

Dr. Doom

Right now I've been depressed latley because of facebook. Just looking at some of the friends I used to have, having so much fun, getting the most out highschool like I should be doing, except I'm just wasting it. I've deleted it many times, but I keep going to back because I feel like it's the only line to who I used to be. Half the people on thier I don't talk to or get acknowledged by.

Also, I'm going back to Texas to see my mom, my divorced aunt and uncle, and cousins. I'm not really sure how I'll be. I'm going to be seeing a girl I've had feelings for for a while now, but I won't see her as long as I thought so I'm not sure how it will go.

School has been depressing me. I have this human anatomy class, and the teacher is always looking at me trying to see if I'm not paying attention or somthin. All of it is boring, and pointless to me. All I do is see these turtles who are in a small ass terrarium so I feel bad for them. Then my next class in post secondary education....so I pretty much have to figure out what I wanna do in my life all every day....

scoobycrawler

Been diagnosed with atypcial depression and it eats away at me... Like I just want to push the past away and do something now and make friends and make money even find some nice young woman or something but i can't pull myself together to do these things. I have been dealing with this kinda stuff im about to be 26 yrs old and been failing in this way since I was probably 12 I barely made it through school and dropped out of college with no desire really to go back and I just can't help myself get what I want out of life and is misery to say the least... I just have been made fun of so much that it hurts everyday nearly constantly. I am always feel like a little kid that can't do much and im a 26 year old man. I got too many problems .

Blaze

Well I was having a fantastic day until my father decided to attack me, did a cheap shot and slammed my head into a wall. He ended up getting arrested tonight which pains me greatly. I don't want to see my father in a situation like that, but that's what happens when you attack your own son I guess. Don't know what to feel, the man is a psychological mess, and needs help. It's difficult to hold a grudge (learned how to NOT act from watching him for years), but I can't stand the harassment he constantly gives. I've stayed mostly silent my entire life regarding his blowups, and in one of the rare occurrences I make a stand for my mother I get this in return.

los77

^^ though i know most people don't want to see their family members arrested, i think it might do him some good to get arrested, he might think about next time before he blows up again

rileyrose

I am depressed because I seem to be unable to function out there in the world and provide for myself and my family. I have recentely resigned from a job due to the extent of social contact and networking it demands. I am very humiliated by the "claims" of my mental disorders and right now I am "hiding" at home, sick-listed. I am fortunate to have some regular and not very strenuous social activity though - two times a week I go to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.

Snowdrop

I hate going to college everyday for fear of speaking to people.
I am unmotivated to do anything in my life, for example coursework.
I am not who I used to be.
Have to go to a party tomorrow.

whereisellie

Ha, my reply is probably the most simplest.

Because Ihave a mental disease called Depression.

Let's get one thing staright to everyone on here, depression is not a simple emotion to those who have been diagnosed with Depression. It is a chemical imbalance of the brai to which you feel guilty, anxious, empty, and can't concentrate.

Pookah

I've never not been depressed. I have always been down and tired my whole life. So any reasons are just excess on top of the ever present melancholy.

Kristina223

Because I have to live. I guess could just end this if I could, but I'm afraid of things that might go wrong. So instead I keep on living and being depressed. I hate these goddamn Sundays ... and Mondays ... and Tuesdays, Wednesdays ... Fridays. I don't hate Saturdays as much, but I still hate them. Because the next day is Sunday ... and then Monday again. It just doesn't end, it NEVER will.

royalx60

I thought it would be nice to start a thread so that we could explain what it is that is possibly bugging us, or making us feel a little down or very upset. So just state what it is that is making you feel depressed.

For me at the moment it is my lack of a social life (or any life for that matter, coz I'm so bored), and the fact that I am very self conscious about the way I look, and I can't change anything. ::(:

I don't know. That's what's bugging me. I really don't know the causes of my depression clearly. So I don't know what to change. The few things I guess on, I do try to change, however I don't get results, which leads to further dissappointment. The fact I don't know my strengths and only see my weaknesses brings me down too.

Liam17

I'm very insecure with my image. Every time i'm in public i feel like people are starting at me and i don't think i look good. I'm very shy, when i have to do presentations or talk to a large amount of people i can't. I'v also never had a girlfriend :/

Phoenixx

I've been getting teased alot lately, especially at home. :( I've also been very lonely. 17 and never had a boyfriend.

Liam17

I've been getting teased alot lately, especially at home. :( I've also been very lonely. 17 and never had a boyfriend.

I Know how you feel, i'm 17 never had a girlfriend and lonely too, but it will all work out in the end :)

christa

I was picked on by my aunt and cousin for what I was into at a family Xmas party over the weekend. I can't get over it. Every time I open my mouth about something I am being picked on and whenever I see it doesn't happen to anyone else I get sad and jealous there must be something wrong with me.
I feel alone.

planemo

quite simple. i am myself, and it seems like it's no good to be myself.

Last edited: