Why are you depressed at the moment?

royalx60

That I am lost and don't know who I am or what to do with this life. Loneliness and lack of a social life. Despite efforts. Confusion and frustration over my many disorders. Slow progress or no progress in my fight to overcome.

MollyBeGood

reasons for current depression-
because i am so unmotivated.
because its cold out.
because i am unemployed
because my life for the past 16 yrs feels like a waste
because i am not with the man i love
because i am not living up to my potential

because i feel like a broken record...

i want my new life to begin i absolutely can't feel this way much longer.

MaliceInWickedland

My list of reasons is endless. The main culprit here is my SA of course. I'm being deprived of happiness through my incapability to live among people while being able to interact with them properly. How can being trapped here in my room all by myself almost everyday of my life with my only "true" friend being this website possibly be called a life?

MollyBeGood

My list of reasons is endless. The main culprit here is my SA of course. I'm being deprived of happiness through my incapability to live among people while being able to interact with them properly. How can being trapped here in my room all by myself almost everyday of my life with my only "true" friend being this website possibly be called a life?

Yeah I could write a book about my reasons. Doesn't seem to help to focus on the "why".. just need to keep trying to figure out how to get to not feeling this way.

Keep fighting it, everyday.

Kinetik

Lately I'm feeling depressed due to regrets - regrets over time lost, social opportunities I didn't take advantage of during school and university, and regrets over having made relatively few memories in general. Granted I'm still quite young (26) but I don't see things improving on that score. I'm learning that nostalgia is quite destructive in the sense that it makes me repeatedly think back to situations I was in and didn't make the most of. In any case, I hate the fact that I've had significantly less fun than most, and feeling like I won't have any stories to tell my grandchildren when I'm old.

Last edited:

Wishmaster

I feel like most of my online friends are moving on with their lives and I can't stop them. I just wish time would slow down.

lunarla

Um. Just feeling the resonance of a recent depressive episode. But, uh. Mostly the fact that someone who should have known me the best, doesn't know me at all it seems. And being perceived terribly by this person. Wasting 2ish years of my adolescent life.

Ohhhhhhhh well.

combat

Because I'm tired of hiding my sadness. I have plenty of good days and many great moments during such days, but at the end of the day I always realize I am hiding a lot of sadness inside of me. It's depressing as hell. ::(:

sickofbeinglonely

Just feel that my life is going nowhere, I get no help from the NHS, have nobody to call a real life friend anymore and am convinced I'll never find anyone who loves me.

los77

I feel lonely in my room but I don't know where to go out to or who to go out with... I;ve lost contact with one of my best friends... want a girlfriend but have had very little contact with girls in a very long time... and I'm really stuggling to find a job which i desperately need

Hastings & Main

Well, today, there's this -

Minor panic-attack.
Friend & roommate just told me she's moving in with her parents (she's on disability with fibromyalgia, and slowly getting worse) way over on Vancouver Island, about a 2-3 hour distance with a ferry-ride. Asked if two months notice was okay and I quickly said sure; I throw up walls instantly when given news like this and try to end the conversation as quickly as possible, so I'll have to digest it a bit & then we'll talk about it.
We've lived together here for 7-8 years (been friends since '90), so it's going to be weird/stressful/lonely, and then there's the added rent I'll be paying ($1000/mo w/o her) along with all the bills etc.....

Kind of hyperventilated a bit when she left the room. There's been many times we've been a little at odds - she's here 24/7 so it can get a little nervy, plus she's OCD which is hard for another to live with - but nothing bad, and in those times I mentally yelled, "Damn! I wish I lived alone!", but now it's kind of got me all hollow feeling inside, like a sudden elevator-drop.
Part of me actually thought we'd be like this for years more, until I got my head right (as much as possible) and found a gf I could move in with. Selfish thinking on my part, damn. But the move will be very good for her, as this place is drafty and old, probably packed with mold behind the walls (it was built in 1912), and her parents' place is new and most likely healthier. And she won't have a mood-swinging guy around who she doesn't completely comprehend.
Geez, now I'm getting depressed. No other friends here, they've all moved, have to get used to watching movies & downloaded TV shows alone - it's a nightly ritual with us...
Sad to say, but I've taken her company far too much for granted.
Yeah, I've got to sort this out...::(:

(copy/pasted from another similar recent thread)

And my dad just had another minor stroke, so I feel I may be losing my parents soon as well....