Why Are Social Guys So.....

Sinar_Matahari

Just to let you guys know, this guy's boldness does not reflect confidence. It reflects insecurity and insecurity has many faces.

MaliceInWickedland

Wow I'm really shocked to see that my post got this many views!! Most importantly, it makes me really happy to see so many people giving me great advice and their condolences. You guys really helped me, you have no idea. This incident was bugging me so much I could barely sleep those first few nights and it would probably still be bouncing around in my mind uncontrollably if it weren't for you guys. Thank you all, I greatly appreciate everyone taking the time to read my hectic post and leave their thoughts on it :)

MaliceInWickedland

Sorry for the random little speech there ::p:
So many people had such great posts and I didn't know how to thank everyone individually. But anyway, thanks again everyone!! :D

A nice thought EasyS but probably not true, I don't anybody who is truly 'happy' no matter how much they have or how social they are, I think its human nature to have 'issues' of some sort. I know these people look like they are always happy and having fun but behind the smiles there is always something bothering everyone, something a person doesn't like about themselves.

True indeed :D. But I think I'd be happier though...

I think its worked out well that you've avoided this narcissist who thought that staring at you was a compliment.

Feathers

lol for the guys - I think the 'cocky and funny' approach works in some cases... It depends how you pull it off... And of course, you can be an ***hole or just playfully fun about it... I totally liked some guys who were a bit 'cocky and funny' thing is I don't think they were even really trying to impress a girl, they were just being who they are!!

This guy wasn't 'cocky and funny' though - if he were, he'd probably say something nice and joke around with what she said... he stayed with 'cocky and stupid!!' ;) (or maybe only had a pre-rehearsed line and nothing else!!)

Dave1989

Cocky? Rude?? Difficult???

Seriously, I feel like a pile of maggot s*** right now.

The one time a really cute guy takes an interest in me and everything goes to piss because I'm such an insufferable idiot...

What happened was, yesterday I was supposed to meet up with a friend at the local theater to watch Harry Potter 7. After waiting for her for about an hour, she didn't show up and gave me a call, saying her father wouldn't let her meet up with me afterall because it was raining and he didn't want her driving in the rain. Things she could have told me to begin with......... But that's only a small fraction of my frustration.

So I decide to skip out on the movie (I didn't really want to see it to begin with but my friend insisted on it...) and find someplace to sit in the mall, text my mom to pick me up, and wait for her. I find a small sitting area, sit on one of the couches, and wait for God-knows-how-long all by myself until this random but extremely cute guy sits across from me.

Being shy little me, I keep my eyes glued to my cell phone screen so I don't have to make eye contact with the guy, but I could feel him staring at me like I was from Mars or something along the lines of that. It became like a pattern: he would look around and watch people for a bit, stare at me, look at people, stare, look, stare, and so on. Suddenly he says:

"Are you really that caught up in yourself that you don't acknowledge a guy who's interested?"

I look at him in surprise and struggle for words, not knowing how to reply. When I finally speak, I kinda stuttered and felt like an even bigger idiot.

"N-no, I'm just really shy and I don't know how to act around guys."

The guy just kinda laughs and says:

"Well that's great, I just wasted 5 minutes of my life on a f****** zombie." and he walks away. Just like that.

As if I didn't hate myself already, this guy pretty much sank my self-esteem back down to absolute zero...

Did I do something wrong??? Yeah I knew the guy was staring at me but I thought it was because he thought I was weird or something, which I'm used to people thinking about me. I had no idea that he was "interested in me". I've never had a guy tell me he was interested in me of all the girls in the world. I didn't know what to do...

Is it really that bad a freaking crime to be shy today???? I'm so sick and tired of this s*** happening to me. I might as well grow up to be one of those old women living with a million cats in her house if that's how guys are going to see me.

Sigh...... Sorry I just really needed to vent my frustration somehow. It's been bugging me nonstop since it happened yesterday. I apologize for sounding so emotional and hateful but I'm so annoyed with myself at the moment that hating myself is now my top priority in life.

Well anyway, thanks for reading, and once again I apologize for being over the top. It was just one of those things, you know? ::(:

Lok at the positive aspect of it, yeah the guy was a d*ck head but he thought you were good looking, use it as a confidence boost :)

Huh, so that's what a social guy is like. Or at least one. Or -- something. Doesn't matter.

I don't know what I was doing here any more.

metaphor99

I know it's hard, but try not to take it personally, Malice! This guy was obviously attracted to you, and then got pissed when you didn't show interest. That's HIS problem; there is nothing wrong with you. Some people are just a******* and they have to make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, and I hope you feel better soon. =)

xxaimsxx

You never know he might of thought you were pretending you were shy because you didnt fancy him and he tried to defend himself by being horrible to you.

What he said wasnt nice. But bottom line is he did like you and put his feelings on the line. Maybe after he confessed to liking you, maybe he was waiting for you to say the same instead of saying you were shy. He may of mistook that for you trying to get rid of him.

I know its not much and probably wont help but atleast he liked you. :)

Smurfette

Unfortunately :/

Yeah but you know what? They will never settle. Ever. So, really...how happy can that be? They put on a facade but when they get old they will be crabby and unhappy and we will be the ones content.

The end.

lunarla

Not really something that I let plague me. They just are. They're likely more worthy of pity than non-social types. From my perspective, at least.

bluesboy

omg, i feel the exact same way but towards women! Social girls do the exact thing. Your probably a super pretty girl. Your just shy. So am i, and im a guy. So don't listen or even acknowledge thats idiots stupidity! Theres a lot of nice, normal people who don't treat others like crap and i'm one of those people!. It just makes me feel sad to know that thousands of people like you and i go through that miserable **** that only brings our self esteem down. If i can make someone else feel better about themselves by letting them now that i understand what there going through and that there not alone, i will do it. I hope that could have helped you and maybe make you feel a little better. :)