What Makes You Interesting?

Silatuyok

What makes you an interesting person? Not necessarily interesting to others, but what makes you unique? What are your life experiences, hobbies, and interests?

anxiety1408

My sense of humour. I can laugh at anything.

My ability to look for the positive in everything.

I like that my words can make people feel better/Look at things from a different point of view.

My taste in music, I think im awesome in this field haha; Staind/Aaron lewis are my favourite. My other Favs are Shinedown, Hinder, Three days grace etc :) I also like Nickelback, and Three doors down. Infact im seeing 3 doors down Live at concert in march :)

hmm,

Im a unique RANDOM person at times.

Easy is the language of Yoda. Hrm, yes, speak backward you must.

Hobbies... I like to write when I like to write.

WeirdyMcGee

I started working at a young age to help my mom pay the bills.
I moved more than 30 times before I was 15.
I was homeless twice.
I'm asexual.
I've had more than my share of scary stalkers and assaults.
I used to act.
I'm agoraphobic.
I have a very random and dry sense of humor.

There's lots of stories in there that people seem to be really interested in hearing... and I've been told more than once that my life sounds like the plot to a very sad movie. haha
I think my life is a comedy, disguised as a tragedy... or a tragedy disguised as a comedy?
Out of all the terrible things that have happened in my past, most of them seem hilarious and ironic to me now.

Last edited:
Is a paradox, objectively that would correspond for other people but we don't usually let them find out.

I'll say I have a somewhat academic knowledge on the things I like (from broad to specialized), like WWII, aviation, motor sports, dinosaurs, rock music (more about the history than musical theory), and a bit about comics and pop culture.

Aletheia

I'm asexual.

A lot of people on here have mentioned having low sex drive.

I've had more than my share of scary stalkers and assaults.

I'm so sorry to hear that, it must have been awful. Did that feed into the asexuality?

Out of all the terrible things that have happened in my past, most of them seem hilarious and ironic to me now.

It's been a weird old life. I've had all these experiences that I've had little control over and have felt terrifying or at least awkward at the time. But with sufficient distance some of them do make good stories.

Oh, and I'm ridiculously tolerant, which may be why people confide in me.

coyote

i've been to some unusual places

i've done a lot of unusual things

i have an unusual point of view

KiaKaha

Banned
Its difficult answering threads like these without feeling like you are being conceited.
but I shall indulge nevertheless..

I have played in a number of rock, punk, reggae and jazz bands
I am quite good at making money on the internet
I have a great interest in activism and politics... particularly in relation to lower socio-economic classes
I know a lot about classical and popular music
I am kind to people who I think need help

anxiety1408

Its difficult answering threads like these without feeling like you are being conceited.
but I shall indulge nevertheless..

I have played in a number of rock, punk, reggae and jazz bands
I am quite good at making money on the internet
I have a great interest in activism and politics... particularly in relation to lower socio-economic classes
I know a lot about classical and popular music
I am kind to people who I think need help

Any tips on making money on the net? I do need help in that field lol

megalon

-If not for the anxiety disorder, I'm probably the most chill guy you could ever meet.
-I've never tasted alcohol.
-I have drag raced before.
-I'm in the process of rebuilding my dad's old bike that hasn't seen the road in thirty years.
-I have gone over 130mph, with four wheels, and with two.
-I have gone white water rafting several times and white water canoeing.
-I have a fair amount of experience with all kinds of firearms - shotguns, pistols, revolvers, ar15, ak47, bolt actions, etc. I am, however, strongly against hunting.
-I am a believer in ancient astronaut theory, along with Roswell and all that.
-I'm the only tattooed, motorcycle-riding virgin I know of. :rolleyes:

Phoenixx

Hm... Really had to think about this one.

- My music interests are kind of bipolar. ::p: While I love listening to metal, hard rock, and post-hardcore music, I also love acoustics, indie, and a little bit of pop.
- Cooking is such a joy for me. I will never tire of it.
- I love art. Photography, drawing, etc.
- I'll read pretty much anything, but mostly comics, fantasy/sci-fi, and historical fiction novels.
- I've traveled a lot through NJ, DE, PA, and Upstate NY. Hopefully I can eventually travel elsewhere other than these four states.
- I studied Spanish for 7 years (except half was basically review/same thing over again because I moved and my new school required Spanish. :rolleyes:)
- I taught myself how to cook around food allergies, how to create recipes and know substitutions, how food affects the body (still have lots to learn though!), photography, and a little bit about computers.

Moa

probably 2 things:

I know a ton of stuff about all sorts of topics, because I'm constantly researching. I want to be a human encyclopedia.

I've had a lot of life experiences... traveled a lot, moved around a lot (11 times), dated a lot (men and women), worked some interesting jobs, tried a lot of things that most people don't do (racing, shooting, I've done most drugs)... I think that's it.

this_portrait

-I'm a good listener.
-I have creative ideas.
-I'm told I don't dress like a typical American, and that I dress more like I'm from somewhere in Europe.
-Once you get me talking, I can go on for hours if I feel comfortable around you.

Lord_Spotface

-I am a believer in ancient astronaut theory, along with Roswell and all that.

It's actually a pretty interesting concept, the idea that we've been visited in the past by people from another planet that might have had a hand in shaping our ancestors societies and our modern day world.

Lord_Spotface

-Have always tried to keep my chin up and have a sense of humor about things.
-Firmly believe that I am always in control of my situation, responsible for my own actions and experiences that have gotten me where I am now. no depression, anxious feelings or outside influence/entity will ever be able to control me without my consent. I will not surrender.
-Believe in the self, the individual rights of a person. No individual or group has the right to control, oppress or deny another individual their personal freedom.
- Decent cook (or I think I am anyway) Starting an apprenticeship in cooking next year.
- Restless. HAVE to do something different every now and again, can't stand getting stuck into routines. They're boring.

zav943

Am I the only one who can't come up with anything?!

I've tried talking with people about a lot of my passions, my hobbies and my interests, but the conversations always fell flat. Particularly when I tell people what I do for a living, no one ever seemed interested. I can't ever seem to reel people in with anything I've done or seen or read. Ever. And yet I always try to show people interest in whatever they tell me about themselves. Not a very fair world...

Last edited: