What Makes You Interesting?

zav943

What do you do for a living?

I'm a mechanical engineer. My company builds processing plants for mining companies. I specifically design and size most of that equipment...grinders, tanks, autoclaves, pumps, compressors, etc...

It's fun, challenging and pays the bills. I also like the people I work with quite a lot.

Eventually, though, I want to be a hotshot investment banker on Wall st ::p:

What about you?

Lord_Spotface

I'm a mechanical engineer. My company builds processing plants for mining companies. I specifically design and size most of that equipment...grinders, tanks, autoclaves, pumps, compressors, etc...

It's fun, challenging and pays the bills. I also like the people I work with quite a lot.

Eventually, though, I want to be a hotshot investment banker on Wall st ::p:

What about you?

OH GOD THAT SOUNDS SO INSANELY UNINTERESTING! GAH MY EYES! I WANT MY 5 SECONDS BACK! :p Just kidding.
Seriously though, that really does sound like an interesting thing to do. You get to create new equipment, build **** that makes the job easier, etc.
Yo bein' too hard on yo'self.
Tell us more.

Imogen

Um, I guess cosplay might make me interesting? Since I sculpt and cast armour in my spare time? I dunno though, I guess it depends on if you like that kind of thing. D:

@ zav943 I think your job sounds awesome, I'd love to get a cool job like that. :3

Kinetik

You tell me. I don't think anyone can really be defined by their occupation or hobbies. What makes a person interesting to me is all the intangibles behind them, the hows and whys of what they do, say and feel. I'm particularly interested when they're at least a little like me.

man on the hill

Im very accident prone :rolleyes:

but seriously, I had an accident a couple years ago that changed my life forever, I came SO close to almost dying, but God gave me a second chance at life I believe. The big scar I have left is sort of what makes me unique I guess along with the story that goes with it.

Aletheia

Here are some things that sometimes trick people into thinking I'm interesting:
* I was almost struck by lightning while elephant trekking in Nepal.
* I've been in a plane that was struck by lightning.
* I've flown a Cessna twice.
* I've skydived and found it beyond terrifying.
* I've scuba dived with sea turtles off Koh Tao.
* I've had people in Burma take me into the shadows to tell me what was really going on.
* I love horses, but mostly because they go really really fast.
* I've raced my car around Taupo race track really really fast.
* I can build my own computer from parts.
* I used to be able to tune my car and change its oil.
* I once haggled a car dealer and got $7000 off the sticker price, yay!
* I've had a tire blow out on a freeway, which I can tell you was not fun.
* I've been in my car while my boyfriend reversed it off a cliff, which was not fun either.
* I still have the scar where my foot dragged along coral after I tipped out of my kayak in Rarotonga.
* I've been stuck all afternoon on a protected island seal colony while kayaking after reading the winds wrong, getting boggled at by pups and passing tourists alike.
* I've celebrated New Year on the Piazza San Marco in Venice.
* I've spent the night watching the hostel I had been sleeping in burn down, along with my pack.
* I used to work across the road from the mysterious Blue Cube in Sunnyvale.
* I had my ear and navel pierced at Mom's Body Shop in the Haight.
* I have party tricks that freak people out, because I'm so double-jointed.
* I used to sing in the Wellington Youth Choir, but I haven't sung in years.
* I have the world's best lemon sour cream cake recipe.

pop-princess

Mmmmkay. I'm trying really hard to come up with some stuff that makes me special......

* I have a loud kinda special laugh (when I dare to laugh in front of folks)
* I'm interested in politics and social issues (it's not special but let's say in my 'social circle' people couldn't care less about that so I feel I have a lil' advantage when it comes to some debates ;) )
* I can play the violin

KiaKaha

Banned
My proudest achievement to date is making someone laugh so hard they peed their pants.

From there its pretty much been going downhill ever since..