what do you think is there after this life ?

Anomaly

Our lives are shaped by things called "rational assumptions." For instance, it is rational to assume that the world around us really is ~13.7 billion years old and was not created 5 minutes ago with the appearance of age, and so forth. We can augment our senses with machines that translate information understandable with our own senses.

so what do you think the real world looks like ?
Well, consider that natural human vision is only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

spectrum.gif

An image of visible surroundings can be had for different parts of the spectrum.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
We can augment our senses with machines that translate information understandable with our own senses.

Well, consider that natural human vision is only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

An image of visible surroundings can be had for different parts of the spectrum.
I've often wondered what it would be like to see x-rays and such. True, you can look at computer enhanced deep-space imagery, but that's just not the same. Not nearly.

fitftw

I wonder how I'll die. Hopefully not drowning or catching on fire. Anything but those two. Oh and also hopefully not being stabbed to death.

I don't think there's anything after this, except maybe I'll be reborn again sometime in the future maybe as a human, or maybe as another living creature.

Honda

I dunno and i dont even care... But id like to do something useful before i die...

Luke1993

I think there is definitely something....although I don't know what. I don't believe in any religion but I do think (and hope) there is something after

I don't think the world is much different then it appears to be. Sure, if you zoom in enough you'll see that everything is made of energy, so in that aspect it is entirely different then what we think it is. Then again, what we see is the results of those inner workings, so what we see is in a way the real world.

I don't think it's different in terms of another world that overlays this one. There might be things we can see because they are transparent to us, or things that simply aren't elluminated enough.

What I do wonder about is how different Earth is from other planets that could support life. That's a comparison I'd love to study. :3

Honda

I think there is definitely something....although I don't know what. I don't believe in any religion but I do think (and hope) there is something after

Because its like nobody likes the idea that this is it... Just a dead end, makes life sound meaningless...

Rembrandt Broam

Originally Posted by Luke1993
Because its like nobody likes the idea that this is it... Just a dead end, makes life sound meaningless...

Exactly. But when you really consider it, and base your considerations on logic rather than wishful thinking, then a dead end really is the most plausible option. We came from nothing before we were born, so why is it so inconceivable that we return to that same nothingness after we die? To me, that seems like the most logical conclusion.

panicsurvivor

I don't believe their is an afterlife as most people see it. Energy never dies, It changes. I think that our energy changes. I don't think that your ego and personality go with you. I hope so anyway, the Idea of eternal life scare the **** out me. However it would be cool if you could be forever dreaming.

coyote

you assume that time is linear, and that there is a progression from nothingness to being

there are completely different ways to look at the whole picture

what if there is no before and after, but only now?

what if there is no progression, but just what is and what isn't?

what if nothingness and being are simply alternating states and both exist at once?

what if we have always existed and will always exist?

what if we didn't "come from" anywhere, but have always been here?

coyote

we still cant exist from nothing its impossible if any one in this world created any thing from nothing then its possible that we are existed from nothing

to exist from nothing is against the physical roles

how can you be so sure you know what's possible when you, yourself, admitted that we are unable to perceive anything beyond the limitations of our sense organs?

perhaps there are things beyond our ability to grasp

coyote

see, now we're back to the whole "creating" thing

what if the antimatter always existed, along with the matter?

all here, all together, all universe, all time, all now, all existence, all ONE

no one or no thing creating other things

IAMN

what is your proof that

we are not created by some one else ?

we are alone in this life ?

its a naive idea to think there is no creator and we are alone ? i don't know how you convince your self with this idea ?

even einstein believed that we are not alone and god is exist

Einsten's belief in a supernatural doesn't have anything to do with it's existence. I don't mean to be argumentative, but please explain why someone that does not believe in a creator be naive? The burden of proof is on you that claims there is a supernatural being, just as if I sat in a room with you and suddenly yelled unicorn, I would have to explain what observations has led me to this conclusion.

you believe that we was monkeys ?

lets say this idea is true why didn't the rest of monkeys evolved ???

That is not how evolution works. There is no mastermind changing species into "higher" life. We found a ecological niche and millions of years of evolution adapted us to fill this niche. The monkeys have their own niche, and I would argue they are pretty darn good at it as they are still doing pretty well as a species.

lets say again that the idea we were monkeys is true

where is the evidence ??????

we know the evolution take 1000's and 1000000's of years to makes this changes happen

where are the bones of this monkeys while transforming from monkeys to humans

There is not fossil evidence of every single species along the way, but there is fragmented fossil and overwhelming genetic evidence that we are closely related to the apes and mammals in general. Even if there was no evidence to that fact and everybody perceived the birth of the human species as being 300 years ago, a universe without an afterlife and a universe without a creator is still more plausible, again because I have not seen or heard from this creator and I have yet to see this afterlife, and I have yet to see somebody rise from the dead, and every physical law of nature suggests nothing about the supernatural.

now lets say we came from nothing how is that possible ????

can any one make any thing from nothing ??????????

how can even something start from nothing ??????

I don't know and I'm willing to bet science will never find the answers to these questions, but why would these suggest a supernatural being? Why would these suggest a benevolent supernatural being? Why would these suggest a Christian supernatural being? In a system of infinite variables it is just as likely God is a peg-legged pirate as God is the one seen in the bible.

I problem here is science and religion just don't mix. Faith is a belief in something not supported by evidence.