what do you think is there after this life ?

fitftw

I believe in the big bang as much as I believe in divine intervention. That is to say I have not the ability to understand what has happened before I came into "being". All I know is now, the past 26 years. Everything before that could have been a lie and just appeared when I came out of the womb. Nobody will find any answers because it is not possible.

So the arguments for both sides are stupid because neither knows and never will!

catwatermelonlake.jpg

Honda

What if we accept the fact that life is a mystery and every moment that passes is something worth living and investing in? Again, we like making theories and ideas so we can rest at ease and know everything is defined and understood...

AGR

dude i once saw 2 spirits "angels i think" trust me there is something

25075928.png

they was very similar to the angles in this picture

wearing the exact same clothes
but dont have wings
the exact human body form but was from light something like light or white smoke

my family saw them too in different times

how come all angels are nordic white :confused:,where are all the blacks,asians and mixed angels,thats racist God!:mad:

AGR

you believe that we was monkeys ?

lets say this idea is true why didn't the rest of monkeys evolved ???

first you need to understand how evolution works,its benn years since I read those links,but I remember they explain things really well,its been a while too since I studied those things ,so some of these days I will have to dust off my brain.

Welcome to Evolution 101!
Evolution 101

Human Evolution
Evolution 101: Human Evolution

Honda

^ I think is a productive way of thinking and im not saying we should give up and not question things.. Not at all but instead of wasting our energy on beliefs that are questionable, might as well live on and discover real facts..

Luke1993

where did it all come from ? remember universe don't have mind to control it self but we see all of the universe work in roles

where did this roles come from ?

if we are came from nothing by random chance then random things have to be happening until now but there is nothing random happening around us every thing happen around us follow the physical roles

But where did the creator come from?

coyote

where did it all come from ? remember universe don't have mind to control it self but we see all of the universe work in roles

where did this roles come from ?

if we are came from nothing by random chance then random things have to be happening until now but there is nothing random happening around us every thing happen around us follow the physical roles

or perhaps you merely perceive there to be "roles" or rules and order rather than randomness or chaos, and you have chosen to attribute it to an intelligent creator that may or may not exist

How does a label or category or rule that WE mere humans - with our limited ability to perceive things - thought up and assigned to a phenomenon prove that the phenomenon was caused by a god?

fitftw

why is it impossible ? you make it impossible to your self because because you believe it is

what? no. Until I see god, I will not believe in him.

Evolution and the big bang and divine intervention are all theories created by WEAK minds for WEAK people.

Strong people do not give a flying **** about any of that **** and they just LIVE TO LIVE.

What the **** will change if god came down and said he exists and created everything? Seriously, would you be any different? I would say "oh okay I guess we know the truth now" who gives a ****? This thread pisses me the **** off. I'm done here. Have fun arguing about **** you'll never know. It's only going to drive you insane like it did to me.

Last edited:

Luke1993

Evolution and the big bang and divine intervention are all theories created by WEAK minds for WEAK people.

Strong people do not give a flying **** about any of that **** and they just LIVE TO LIVE.

Sorry but I don't think that's right at all. If someone believes evolution is true I don't think it would make them a weak person.

fitftw

did you just say our lives are useless if we don't believe in some kind of creation or evolution?

Are you serious?

Why can't we just live without needing to know? Am I really the only one who doesn't need to know the truth? I've taken so many philosophy and ethics courses and I've come to the conclusion that life is better when you take the Buddhist approach and just live with what you DO know and flush out what you DON'T. Makes life simple. Just let it all go. You god-types are the reason there are wars. **** god. **** religion. Way to go, humanity. Way to kill each other because of differences in opinion about something so ****ing stupid. I hope all religious and racist people kill each other and make life great for those who don't give a **** about religion. It's going to happen eventually. The Crusades, the Holocaust, destroying Iraq and Afghan, slavery, there will be another mass genocide. Count on that.

The funny/ironic part about that is...it won't be caused by a non-believer/atheist/agnostic

Last edited:

coyote

Perhaps the notion of "god" is a conceit of man.

After all , if we are so far superior to all the dirty, slimy, hairy creatures crawling around out there in the mud, and WE can't figure out the meaning to all this, OBVIOUSLY a "greater mind" is at work.

But what if we are lesser creatures?

Maybe we're lesser because we DO have this need to figure it all out?

The lions, tiger, and bears seem to get along just fine living their lives without any priests, lawyers, accountants, scientists, bibles, periodic tables, or traffic laws to tell them how to think or what to do each second of every day.

Maybe they've got it all figured out already.

They are born, they breathe, they drink, they hunt, they eat, they mate, they procreate, they care for their young, they die, and the cycle continues.

Put more than three humans in a room, and soon someone is building the Eiffel Tower or inventing the atomic bomb.

Are we so pathetic that we need to create, build, destroy, conquer, theorize, postulate, formulate, regulate, legislate, mandate, dictate, in order to feel whole?

Can't we just eat, drink, sleep, screw, watch the sunset, and enjoy the breeze blowing through our fur - eh, errr... I mean - through the window of our Lexus?

*nods to fitftw*

Last edited:

philly2bits

Keep it civil guys. No bashing or making attacks on people because they are on the opposite side as you.

Luke1993

Can't we just eat, drink, sleep, screw, watch the sunset, and enjoy the breeze blowing through our fur

I wouldn't mind doing that but it's probably too late for all of us to do that and I probably wouldn't survive very long like that!

Last edited:

Luke1993

I think because I'm very weak physically, as I have a disability in my hips and knees because of some bone problems I inherited. I can walk okay but I can't run as my hip sockets are in awkward positioning. However I am trying to fight it and one of my goals is to be able to run so I now excercise and lift weights regularly and I am making progress and getting stronger but I still am unsure if I'd be fit enough to survive in a world like that, where the strong survive and the weak do not.

Last edited:

Honda

God, Religion and Worshiping is a thing we were conditioned on for the past millenniums..
Human history just shows and marks the biggest, most major and most spoken of events... Its much broader than that... Atheists existed for millenniums before there was any religion, it was their way of life... Some people live and still live like tribes and even some live almost wild like animals.. Even some people had minds and thinking that are way ahead of today's minds... Some religions that once existed were probably noble and excellent..
Unfortunately, religion like many other things, has been always used to control and play with peoples emotions and thinking.. Its noble to live by a conduct or a discipline, but religion was utilized in a wrong fashion to lure and control minds... But nothing much have changed because we have been conditioned to be machines through out history.. Just like people were controlled by leaders telling them to fight for God, honor and country in the past; nowadays the media tells you to fear your life, terrorism, muslims, economy, the future, etc...
But this mind we have it has a lot of potential if used properly and all this history we never utilized the human mind properly.. We just got raised from birth to death to follow and live in patterns and it hard to question things because you will feel and outsider..
Perfectly programmed system that makes you its own slave for life.. Some people say that the history of mankind haven't really begun, theres a long way for the mind to advance..

& genius i never knew ur Egyptian..

fitftw

my ex girlfriend is Egyptian, her parents are muslim, and I'm a jew. It was a pretty crazy few months lol.

fitftw

LMAO the kids in the classroom learning about the apocalypse and the diorama hahahahah

AGR

What I find funny is people talking about evolution that it isnt true or is only a theory,I guess they dont know any better:rolleyes:,could something come up as a better explanation,sure,but its not you or the priest at your church who is going to come up with something better,unlikely,you dont see people often talking about or giving their opinions to weather Cell theory,atomic theory,theory of relativity and etc are true or not,yet they think they can talk about evolution :D,also evolution is not opposite to God.