What book are you currently reading?

Tiercel

I've decided upon Black Edelweiss: A Memoir of Combat and Conscience by a Soldier of the Waffen-SS by Johann Voss for now. It seems like all I read anymore is military-themed history books from ancient Rome up to Afghanistan and Iraq. Sometimes I think I missed my calling somewhere along the line.

I was originally thinking of saving this one until I have jury duty in August, but I've unfortunately started it too soon. But I could always read it again.... :)

lyricalliaisons

I'm reading a bunch of different books all at once lol. I will literally read 2-5 books all within the same day & still follow all the plotlines & never get confused.

The ones I've been reading recently are (some I'm re-reading, & others I'm reading for the first time):

"Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton (first time read)
"New Moon" by Stephenie Meyers (first time read)
"Tipping the Velvet" by Sarah Waters (re-read)
"City of Ember" by Jeanne DuPrau (first time read)
"I'm Looking Through You; Growing Up Haunted: A Memoir" by Jeniffer Finney Boylan (just finished this morning)

I could actually add more lol, but those are the main ones.

sleepysparrow

I am about to read "Aurelia & Other Writings", "Psychedelic Medicine", and "A Beginners Guide to Immortality." Just picked them up from the library!

sabbath9

Banned
Act With Love: Stop Struggling, Reconcile Differences, and Strengthen Your Relationship With Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Russ Harris, M.D.

NormanBates

Recently read "Look Homeward Angel" by Thomas Wolfe , a novel with some very good socialphobic themes. It's an underrated timeless classic. Though written in America, I think it was a book that was actually popular with the Germans at the time of its publication in c1933

worrywort

currently reading "painfully shy" by Barbara and Gregory Markway.

p.s. I really wanna read a good fictional book full of modern mythology's and suburban fairy tales, but don't know where to start looking? If anyone has any recommendations that'd be cool! I just found this artist the other day who I love;

Shaun Tan - Picture books

I'd love to find more like him....any ideas?

dream

Currently reading "The Mothman Prophecies". Since it's based on real paranormal events, all of which seemed to be linked to each other, in a town called Point Pleasant, it's very disturbing to read.

Oh, have you watched the film? You should watch the movie after you read the book if you haven't already.